• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Gotham by Night

Ishikawa

Hacking Gotham
Hiyas there.

I am interested in combining the Fox/DC show Gotham with White Wolf's Vampire the Masquerade/World of Darkness.

I'm looking to turn this into an ongoing roleplay.

Is anyone else interested?

I'm tentative to guarantee my participation without more detailed information and I have to admit I've never tried roleplaying canon characters before (which I assume is the purpose of a fandom roleplay), but this does sound interesting so I'll be keeping an eye on it. I'm not familiar with Vampire the Masquerade/World of Darkness, however, do you feel anyone hoping to join should have experience with it or is it something I can research?

Admittedly, I'm tentative about investing in writing out a backstory for this concept without knowing that people are interested in it or not. Like. I don't want to be invested in the work and the concept and not ever seeing anyone else interested in it, if that makes sense. However, your comment does give me hope and motivation to write something out for it. :)

Sorry if that sounds abrasive. I'm rather a blunt and honest person.

I would accept OCs given they make sense to be in the world of Gotham. I won't demand canons only.

As for Vampire The Masquerade/World of Darkness knowledge, one doesn't have to have a hundred percent knowledge/expertise in it, but some loose knowledge would be ideal. I can help to research for it and provide links to it and to Gotham.

That's completely fine and I can certainly understand. I've had similar experiences in the past on another roleplaying platform and it really is frustrating when you put a ton of work into something only for it to fall flat.

I might try my hand at a canon character depending on who everyone else wants. Considering I'm likely to butcher the characterization a bit I don't want to take someone another player might really want and do better with.

Thanks, I'd appreciate links for anything you think I should know concerning Vampire The Masquerade. I'm pretty caught up on Gotham so no extra information needed there.

Thanks! I've bookmarked it and will give it a read sometime tomorrow.

Possibly Oswald or pre-Joker Jeremiah. I'm probably one of the few people who thought he was more interesting before he went nuts. How about you if you don't mind me asking? I'm terribly nosy. :')

I was going to make a Giovanni vampire for the game. xD Just the idea of a necromantic vampire in the mafia thrills me.

Is this still maybe happening? I'm a huge VtM fan, and while I've only watched the first season and a half of Gotham, I liked it. I've been out of RP for a while, so some VtM would be a comfortable way to get back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back