• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Gotham/Batman roleplay

AtuaPraise

Nygmobblepot trash
It has been ten months since the winged hero received a mortal blow from his nemesis, the Joker - villains are on the rise once more. As faces old and new, good and evil, clash together like the days of old, reinforcements are called in on all sides and the stakes aren't just the lives of the citizens, but the future of Gotham itself.

AKA a trashy roleplay for fellow comic trash. You don't need to know about the Batman series to join in.

CONTENTS

Rules
Character creation form
Affiliations
Districts
Power Points
Arkham and Blackgate
Final Word

1) Rules

First and foremost, the boring stuff that everyone knows yet still doesn't listen to:

1 - Follow community guidelines - I shouldn't have to say this, just do it yall.

2 - No overpowered or invincible characters. They're just boring for literally everyone.

3 - Please please please ask permission to join and/or spend power points. I'll tell you what those are momentarily.

4 - There will be swearing. And probably violence. But NO smut. At all. You will be banned.

5 - No more than 3 characters per user. Just so one person doesn't clog up the roleplay.

6 - More rules to be added if needed.

2) Character Creation Form

Btw: all of these parts are mandatory unless stated otherwise. If you aren't sure about anything, read the rest of the description or ask me.

Name:
Affiliation (good bad neutral):
Alias:
Brief appearance:
Brief personality:
Abnormal and notable abilities:
District base of operations:

3) Affiliations

Evil: There are multiple preset gangs in Gotham, each one owns a district or two. They are Penguin's Gang, Joker's Legion, The Sirens and The Narrows (led by Riddler). Pick one, and eventually you can move up, have them interact or even start one of your own with power points (again, I'll get there).

Good: There are multiple ways to be a good guy in Gotham. My personal favourite is being a part of the GCPD, detective or officer. You could also be a sort of vigilante, bounty hunter, or misplaced citizen. It's all about creativity!

Neutral: I suppose neutral means no affiliation, right? I guess you could detail which side they lean towards, If they like to meddle etc, but that's not necessary.

4) Districts

There are five districts that make up Gotham's geography, opening the middle, and four surrounding it in the north, east, south and west. Each one has different functions, hubs and owners. They also have a handful of classic villains in each.

Central District - the district is the main thoroughfare of Gotham. It contains most businesses, as well as City Hall and the GCPD. Currently owned by the police department.

The Narrows - Northern district with it's own small time gang. The main attractions are Cherry's Fight Club and Riddler's Night Club, each equally popular with different crowds.

The Docks - Southern district owned by Barbara Kean. As its name suggests, everything comes in and out of Gotham via the shoreline here. However, it is a constant target for burglaries.

Arkham - Western district owned by the Joker. The main attractions are Arkham Asylum and Blackgate Penitentiary, both where the evil and insane are put behind bars. The rest of the district is mainly residential housing, but a chemical factory is on the far side of town.

Theatre District - Eastern district owned by Penguin's gang. The upper class reside mostly in here, with exceptions such as the Waynes who live out of town. The posh facade means that a lot of business can be done here unabated, of the illegal and legal sorts. A lot of important people, such as the mayor and commissioner have a residency here.

5) Power Points

This is essentially the currency to ensure that one gang doesn't overpower all others. Each faction has a number of power points that are earned by owning turf and roleplaying with a good word count. I will keep a tally of power points owned by each individual and alert you when you have a large number of them.

Evil: Power points can be spent to make a violent and/or diplomatic move on other factions, possibly sparking turf wars. You need a hundred points to start a violent war, and fifty to hold a meeting with a gang leader. If you start an unprovoked shootout, both sides will gamble a certain amount of points to determine the winner. The one who spends more points wins.

Good: Can be used to so things such as request a promotion, transfer, or persuade an NPC. Arresting a fellow role player (or at least attempt to) requires 100 points, you'll decide whether they go to Arkham or Blackgate. Other actions require 50.

6) Arkham and Blackgate

When arrested, a criminal will be sent either to Blackgate or Arkham, depending the nature of their crime. Each one has different rules and regulations, and ways to escape.

Arkham - home to the insane. It has tight security and there is only two ways out: through a Certificate of Sanity, or a daring escape in the vents. Just be wary of the monsters in the basement.

Blackgate - usually the place where your journey ends, deadly prison fights break out all the time. You usually need friends on the outside to break you out, or you could bribe the prison guards to forget to lock your cell.

A sentence without escape will last a week, regardless of crime.

7) Final word

Please do consider joining up, Gotham wouldn't be the same without you. The final and most important part of my ramble is too have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back