• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Gotham Academy (No DC Knowledge Needed)

Pyosimros

☆☆☆

IMPORTANT MESSAGE BEFORE I GIVE THE SCHPEEL

As you saw from the prefix, this is a DETAILED RP. I will be expecting more than one-liners or a single paragraph in IC if this RP takes action.

*Sigh*, I sounded like a pompous ass there. Anyways, back to your usual proposal.

EWpXMO2.png

"Welcome to Gotham Academy, the most prestigious school in Gotham City. Only the best and brightest students may enter its halls, study in its classrooms, explore its secret passages, summon its terrifying spirits…"~Gotham Academy Vol 1 Synposis

PLOT
To most outsiders, Gotham Academy looks like your average prep school. Though once someone begins to attend the academy, they would realize that something is wrong. No, the teachers aren't brainwashing the kids. No, there aren't traps at every corner. Instead, it's due to the architecture of the building. In the beginning, the building used to be the residence of the Cobblepots (the Penguin's ancestors to be exact). Unknown to most, there was a series of secret tunnels underground, connecting Gotham Academy to Arkham Asylum. In the present, there are supervillains. Wether it's Mr. Freeze, the Joker, or Poison Ivy, they get sent to Arkham when they were defeated. It wouldn't be a stretch, if they used these tunnels under Arkham to escape. This in turn, caused the villains to find themselves in a prestigious academy. Usually hiding themselves, they still happen to make noise and generate remnants of their arrivals. This had led to many believing Gotham Academy is haunted by ghosts, and thus, the detective club was formed to investigate these claims.

The main characters within this RP will be members of the detective club, investigating various mysteries. Most of the scenarios will be centered around supervillains, messing around with the students either intentionally, or unintentionally. The members of the detective club will attempt to catch the supervillain, and hopefully put an end to their stay in Gotham Academy. The ending to this could go two ways. Persuasion and/or trickery, or a superhero will come to the scene once the supervillain has been led to a public area. Students may the able to sympathize with the villain if the villain is rational enough, or the students could use their brains to come up with a way to eliminate the villain.

RULES (FOR THE RP)

- Follow the basic RPN rules

- 3 paragraph minimum

- Maximum of two characters

- You may make a post IC after three others have made their post

- Children of superheroes/supervillains or students with powers must be approved via PM

- Please limit ex-machinas

- No powerplaying

-No metagaming

- If you have beef with someone, beat each other up virtually within a PM or just anywhere other than the thread

- If a rule is broken, you will receive a warning. Afterwards, if you continue, I will send my Samuel L. Jackson to eliminate your character

- Place a picture of a waffle if you have read the rules

- Have adequate grammatical knowledge (we all make grammar mistakes, but push the line and I won't allow it)

- Have adequate spelling (there's spell-check now for Pete's sake)

- Please keep this RP a friendly environment OOC

- ABSOLUTELY NO RUSHING AHEAD!!!

- No OOC in IC or Character Sign-Up

- Post at least once a week, PM me if IRL gets in the way (I understand it's exam season (o'v'o))

- Writing in third person would be preferred

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Unlike the last time I attempted this RP, I will not allow any characters with superhero/supervillain backgrounds whatsoever. This is to avoid reliance on superhero activities and general heroism to build a character. Instead, characters will be normal citizens of Gotham. For to have the RP work, when there is a supervillain reveal, we can't have everyone beating the @!$@ out of the villain with their Superman/Batman/Flash skills. I will leave some exceptions on the other hand, though said exceptions will be extremely rare, and will be plagued by heavy limitations.

RESERVATIONS
I will letting a maximum of eight people within this RP. When I feel comfortable enough, I will raise the maximum.

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

@AnnoDomini

@karmaa

@Pyosimros

@Eagleye415

@Cronix

*Please note that if the RP exceeds the amount of 8 people during its character sign-up phase, there will be a brief judging period to determine who makes it into the RP.

TAGS

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks really well thought out and purty! I'm not HUGE on school type of RPs and I generally like off-spring characters better, so I think this isn't for me, but I wish you all the best luck. Looks super cool. :)

I'd love to join. But, I'm on mobile and that severely limits my rp capability. Everything becomes more difficult. But, this is a fantastic idea and I'd have loved to been apart. :D

NOTICE

I will begin working on the thread tomorrow. That's all.

Eagleye415 said:
I'd love to join. But, I'm on mobile and that severely limits my rp capability. Everything becomes more difficult. But, this is a fantastic idea and I'd have loved to been apart. :D
Cronix said:
Same as Eagleeye, but I'm still totally interested!
Sounds good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back