Other Got a writing question about astory I'm writing

CookieCrim

Tired Writer
Hey there! I've recently started trying to write a mafia related story, Hi him having a small issue with it. The story plot is basically a very important person has been murdered and the authorities suspect that it's one of the seven local gangs that did it, so they get two agents to go undercover to investigate the gangs.

My issue is that how will the two agents investigate and earn the trust of the gangs without looking suspicious. I know I could just add five more agents and have them all investigate a gang each, but I don't really wanna do that.

So, do you guys have any ideas on how I can have them investigate the gangs? If you do, then please reply to this thread!!

Is there a way to cut down on the number of total gangs, or is that super important to the story? It might be easier for readers if there are fewer gangs to keep track of (less internal politics to keep straight, etc.), would also let you develop them more, and might also be easier for the two agents to balance without suspicion?

Well one of the ways to make them non suspicious when interacting with the seven gangs would be to make a common enemy for those gangs, and have those two try to band those gangs together against the common enemy.
I could be something like a syndicate, or another gang, or even a police division who fights against those gangs.
Although it would be much easier if it was less of a gang but more of a mafioso style of dealing with things.
Since there are documentaries about mafiosos where you could get some info about the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back