• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Gore rules specified a bit more

Seahomie

100% Pure Star Dust
So I've read over the rules and some other threads that have been over this, but it's still very unclear as to how much gore is too much.
Both my partner and I are fully okay with writing it but we also don't wish to be banned just in case. As of right now, our plot consists of gruesome torture that they have to endure and we don't know whether or not we can safely write it out. I understand you can't go into intimate details, but what might be considered "intimate" for some, may be considered the tip of the iceberg for others.

If there are specific examples, that would be great, but I don't require it if there's a great explanation. I know there has been an instance of a professional gore writer, and by no means am I a professional, but I also don't know where the line should be drawn.
Thank you in advance!

-A

Really the answers are all there in the other threads regarding this topic. Some gore is absolutely fine, though we'd recommend even having a warning so no-one happens to stumble across it.
As long as the gore involved has a purpose, eg breaking bones, wounds bleeding etc, but no excessive/unnecessary detail.
A safe way to play it would be if you think it's too much, or it may be upsetting to others, it's probably too much. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back