• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
G
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

Welcome to Götterdämmerung , where the cutthroat race to write your name in the annals of history has never been so marketable! Act as a hero on TV to earn the crowd's affection by day and engage in faction wars by night as you unveil the roots of a supernatural threat spurring World War III into motion.
Other
Here
Addendum 1: 2025/2/24

Haz.

Mask? I wear no mask.
Addendum 1: 2025/2/24>Relevant excerpt taken from the Kansai Perspective.
---
"
On February 23rd 2025, the Government of Japan suddenly announced its plans to dissolve the Japan Self-Defense Forces in favor of reinstating the military branches of its armed forces, following an unprompted assault upon the Nakagami District by a garrison of American troops stationed in US Army Garrison Okinawa. Though the JSDF was quickly dispatched to retaliate, it was unable to intervene before the US soldiers began to open fire on civilians. In the shootout, an estimated upwards of 133 civilians were hospitalized, with 89 confirmed dead.

The US’ unprovoked violation of the Treaty of San Francisco, which was signed after the dissolution of Japan’s imperial forces, was alleged to have been caused by the recent 'Mad Bull' Phenomenon that saw citizens across Japan be seized in violent states of psychosis and resulted in 53 reported victims of manslaughter since the first recorded case in January alone. Nearly all convicted culprits lacked criminal records and were said to have acted with minimal provocation during minor public disagreements. Cases of domestic violence in otherwise ordinary households were noted as well. This sudden series of crimes was likened to the “psychotic breakdown” incidents that had been instigated, through yet unknown means, in Tokyo by former Prime Minister candidate Masayoshi Shido 9 years ago. When asked for comment, Shido denied any involvement and refused further comment."
---

>Mobilize the Anti-Shadow Weapons. Any reports of 'MBP' are to be investigated thoroughly and discreetly.
IF:
engaging victims of MBP, targets are to be subdued, sedated and recovered for examination by Kirijo personnel. Use of lethal force will result in termination of the responding Anti-Shadow.
IF: engaging Shadows of MBP victims, targets are to be neutralized with minimal public exposure. Failure to maintain confidentiality AND/OR to neutralize the Shadow threat will result in termination of the responding Anti-Shadow.
IF: engaging members of the Kamikakushi-kai, targets are to be captured OR neutralized with minimal public exposure. Failure to maintain confidentiality AND/OR to neutralize the Persona threat will result in termination of the responding Anti-Shadow.
>Failure to follow protocol will result in the revocation of all accompanying Kirijo personnel's privileges until further notice.

Last edited:
Addendum 2: 2021/5/13
Addendum 2: 2021/5/13>And what reasons do you have to be doubtful of the program, Sawano? Because from where I'm standing, your hesitance is synonymous with cowardice. These are 'things' - simulacrums, yes, and it's undeniable that part of the psyche is transferred with the Treasure, but calling them anything more than weapons is simply obsessive.
>And you think Mitsuru won't catch on? You're telling me you're wagering this entire operation--including your life's work and my job--over a petty unwillingness to treat the remains of the dead with even the slightest bit of dignity?
>It's not about that - she can't catch on. If Little Miss Kirijo finds out about the skeletons in our closet (of which you have a fair share already, let's not kid ourselves), the entire KMJD is in jeopardy. The last thing we need is to have the Shadow Operatives be dispatched to Osaka. All I'm asking you is to assign some executives to accompany each of the Anti-Shadows on the day-to-day and wipe their memories at any sign of degradation. Unless, of course, you'd rather let a military-grade war machine run rampant with trauma-induced insanity, slaughtering civilians left and right just to save your conscience?
>... Fine. And what about their Personas? Protocol's only a preventative measure against berserk cases, not a responsive one. I'm assuming you have some sort of built-in failsafe?
>But of course; our state-of-the-art 'Cognition Lock'. Unless exposed to a threat exceeding Weapon Class IV, mental tasks that would trigger the Persona Summoning are effectively suppressed.
>So much for free will. Wire me the yen, we'll rent the apartments and some cheap clothes. Or would giving them basic accommodation be 'simply obsessive', as you called it?
>Touché.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back