• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Godsword - OOC, BIO TEMPLATES & Lore Repository

MrReaves

Steamlord
This the thread for those interested in the Godsword RP to post their biographies!

I'll also post the collective lore here.

The year 27 NE (New Era) is an exciting time in the realm of Naedria and its many composite nations. After the continent-spanning Totality Wars between old Naedrian kingdoms, which brought about unprecedented destruction and loss of life, a period of rebuild followed under the banners of those who had ended the wars; the Arcanist Assembly. This Assembly was a gathering of mages of many different disciplines and kingdoms, rebelling against their employers after forced participation in the wars, where their magic caused many innocent casualties.

With their combined power, the Assembly eventually overthrew every regent and dissolved their armies. Borders were redrawn to divide the Naedrian continent into various magocracies, or nations led by conclaves of mages, and the populace was given the opportunity to rebuild their homes and lives in peace.

An important role in both the war and the rebuild was played by the Artificers, mages committed to the craft of machines; their squadrons of brass automatons (dubbed “stiffs” by the common folk) were instrumental in ending the war, and other magi-technical inventions like streetlights, factories, airships and skytrams allowed cities to be built back greater than ever before.

By far the most imposing and relevant of these cities is Godsword, named after its most prominent feature; the two-thousand-foot-tall sword of grey stone that protrudes from the valley floor at an angle, dwarfing the city- a relic of the Titan’s Age, when gods of monstrous size and shapes still roamed the half-realized, half-dreamed world, according to lore. The city is the Naedria’s greatest repository of mage’s guilds, schools and archives, and thereby serves as the headquarters of the Arcanist Assembly and centre for cutting-edge arcane research.

Not all is well across the nations. Some still support the old ways of kings who have gone into hiding, vying for power from the shadows (mostly those who reveled in or benefitted from the war). Others protest the absolute power that the arcanist conclaves hold over the realm, some going as far as to suggest they orchestrated the outbreak of the Totality Wars so they could play hero and put themselves in charge, and campaign for nations to be ruled democratically by their people.

Many families who had their farms or shops ruined in the wars turned to the cities and factories to eke out a living, finding poor working conditions and poorer pay in some; this has caused some workers to form their own guilds and unions who campaign before the conclaves. Alongside these civil unrests, magical beasts and rogue arcanists with dark powers still pose a threat, especially in rural areas, though walls of stone and patrolling mages abate those fears to a degree.

BIO TEMPLATE

Name:
Height:
Physique: (Build, complexion, etc.)
Hair:
Eyes:
Clothing: (They’ll be in their white-blue Artifice Knight gear when fighting, but what might they wear in their off time?)
Identifying Marks: (Scars, accessoires, magitech prosthetics?)
Personality:
Fragment: (Which weapon? How’s it look?)
Skills: (What magic do they specialize in? How proficient are they with the type of weapon they chose?)
Past:

Name:Herokou Kindo

Place of origin: Krigon

Height: 5 ft 9inch's

Physique:Firm

hair:White

Eyes:Red

Clothing:Blue jeans,Grey t-shirt, black mask

Identifying marks: Scar on right eye

Personality:Gloomy

Fragment :Scythe

Skills:Wind magic

Past: When Herokou was young he'd hang out with his older brother who was a knight.
They go to the beach alot since that's the place they both loved so much.One day Krigon was under attack by a cyclops.
The cyclops ramed towards Herokou but his brother stepped out and got hit instead.
The last thing he saw was his brothers dead body.
Then when the cyclops ran towards Herokou but Herokou stopped the cyclops and used winds magic to kill the cyclops.
From that day on he promised himself to find a way to revive his brother and kill any monster that gets in his way.

I'd say it's a bit bare-bones, a lot of these categories need more than a one-word descriptor. Right now your character seems a bit bland and generic, as we've practically learned nothing about him but the most basic stuff.

Also, it seems like your grasp on punctuation and grammar isn't quite up to standard, I have to say. It might be good if you built up a bit more experience roleplaying before you dive into an RP like this? I don't mean that in any negative way- I started out just like you! I'm sure you'll get better at it if you keep practicing ^^

((Please let me know if the type of magic I chose for my character is feasible for this rp! I have no problems making alterations to any of this.))

Name: Corbin Bauer

Place Of Origin: farming village just outside Godsword

Height: 5'10"

Physique: Corbin has a stocky build, broad shoulders and strong arms.

Hair: close cropped and dark

Eyes: dark brown, almost black

Clothing: kind of a grunge style | wardrobe

Identifying Marks: small scars from training, mostly on arms and back, eyebrow and cartilage piercings

Personality: Corbin is brash and friendly, but don’t mistake that for trustworthy or honest. She’s loyal to only a select few. Irreverent and arrogant to the point of it being dangerous, she finds trouble wherever she goes. Irresponsible and a bit of a hedon, Corbin does what she feels like and leaves the place a mess. Known for being blunt and occasionally crude, she doesn’t tend to show much restraint. She's in it to have a good time, and has some difficulty taking things seriously.

Fragment: longsword that absorbs kinetic energy when blocking, which builds up until the wielder chooses to release it in a superhumanly powerful strike

Skills: energy manipulation magic (ability to use energy generated from electricity, heat, force, etc., and convert it into pure brute strength), sword-fighting, brawling, blacksmithing, can /more/ than take a hit, good with animals.

Past: Corbin was born into a large family of earth elemental mages on a small farm just outside of Godsword, and despite her family having done nothing else for generations, she felt herself dissatisfied with farm life. Worse, she was one of the few members of her family who didn't seem to have an affinity for earth magic. Constantly getting into trouble and pulling pranks due to boredom, her parents decided to set her straight by apprenticing her with the local blacksmith. The blacksmith was a gruff veteran but came to have a soft spot for the overactive kid under his tutelage, and after she'd completed all her duties for the day with him, he'd bring her out back and teach her how to use a sword. When it was clear that not only did Corbin have a real talent for fighting but that she also had an affinity for energy manipulation magic, the blacksmith used some of his connections (he may have served with one or two of the board members, once upon a time) in order to get her into Ivermore. Corbin was all for this-- she wasn't much of a student, but attending the academy would be hell of a lot more exciting than working on the farm and set her on a much more favorable destiny.

Last edited:
That looks good! I like the idea of a rough-and-tumble gal trying to settle into a very haughty school, the contrast between her and most students.
I like your concept of her magical specialization, too! Sort of a Yang Xiao Long-style "the harder you hit me, the harder I hit back" fighting style.

I look forward to seeing her in action!

Alright, I spruced it up a bit.

Name: Weisse Feonix
Place Of Origin: Celestine
Height: 5’9”
Physique: Slim/Athletic
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Light blue
Identifying Marks: born with the mark of the phoenix on his left hand this is why Weisse wields his sword with his right hand and uses magic with his left hand. A scar on the right side of his forehead where he had been struck with a practice sword as a child.
wXuMYmB.png
PRXyfow.jpg
Personality: Always Pleasant and good-natured, Loyal. He was raised as a noble and strives to protect those too weak to protect themselves. He doesn’t trust people right off the first meeting but he isn’t one to shy away from meeting new people either. He gives them the benefit of the doubt though he keeps a watchful eye on them. His friends all seem to enjoy his company. Weisse was raised with a sense of equality even if their social status was different Weisse treated everyone with compassion.

Fragment: Longsword- The overall length of the sword is 45.9" with a blade length of 35.5" the width of the blade is 2” the guard width is 9" with the handle making up the rest of the length of the sword. Decorated with an aquamarine stone and a flamboyant guard with intricate engravings. The balance point is 4.3" from the guard on the blade. When weisse activates his phoenix’s wrath spell the blade glows a vibrant light blue. The sword weighs 3.15 pounds.
vZycsXs.jpg

Skills
Very adept with hand to hand and swordsmanship. Being raised as a noble required him to specialize in some form of combat Weisse has always respected the sword as an elegant weapon and his deadly precision is just as elegant. Unlike his swordsmanship, his hand-to-hand combat is more forceful and crude. It is effective but he must refine it more, Weisse seems like he would be a natural-born leader. He is always ready to step up and do whatever it takes to protect his friends and the realms. Some might consider him compassionate to the point it could be a hindrance. Always willing to help even if it meant facing danger head-on.

Spells
Fireball- Weisse has practiced this spell the most and has gotten the command spell down to spot and throw motion. It isn’t his strongest spell nor does it inflict a lot of damage. The fireball has a blue colour and is claimed to burn hot. He had read stories of his ancestors turning enemies into ash. But his fireball inflicts a minimum amount of damage and can be easily extinguished. By focusing the fire magic of the phoenix in his hand he can create a cantaloupe-sized fireball that can be thrown a short distance. The maximum range being 15 paces.

Explosion: This spell is cast over an area, the effectiveness of the explosion increases as Weisse increases the skill. The explosion spell is meant to be cast over multiple opponents. The spell delivers an immediate large amount of damage within a 10-meter radius. The blast can stagger strong enemies or wipe out a group of grunts. It costs a massive about of magic and Leaves Wiesse vulnerable while casting the spell as his sword acts as a conduit to direct the explosion. If he were to block or attack while casting an explosion the spell could backfire and hurt anyone it might hit near him.
"Great Phoenix! King of myriad worlds, Lend me your strength!
I am the alias of destruction incarnate in accordance with the principles of all creation.
Justice, fallen upon the infallible boundary, appear now! as intangible distortions!
For it is I who calls upon you! Weisse Feonix
I desire for my torrent of power a destructive force: a destructive force without equal!
Return all the wicked to cinders, and come from the abyss! Explosion!"

Wrath of the phoenix- This spell only affects Weisse though he hasn’t mastered it yet he keeps trying to get it right. The spell acts as a buff which enhances Weisse’s abilities. His armour begins to shine and his sword turns into a sword with blue flames for the blade. With the enhancement affecting Weisse’s performance, the fireball he throws is amplified in damage. His physical prowess in battle becomes more intimidating. His swordsmanship becomes more adaptable and fierce. Though he has to recite the spell to gain its full effects he can be defending while speaking the words and the spell begins to affect his swordsmanship and defensive ability. Should the spell be disrupted he would have to restart the process. Once the spell is cast it uses his energy in overdrive which weakens him drastically when the spell’s effects have worn off.
“I am the light that banishes the darkness!
the sword of justice sent to punish evil deeds,
bringing retribution to the weak and oppressed.
Heed my words. Seek and you will find no shelter, beg and you will receive no mercy.
For you have chosen to stand against me.
The great phoenix purges the wicked from this world with the eternal flames.”

Resurrection- This spell is a specialty spell and he has yet to use it. The spell is brought forth from the oldest of texts regarding the fire magic users who had tapped into the resurrection power of the phoenix. Though the casters were never allowed to cast it on themselves and could only use the spell once every century. This is a hail mary spell used inc cases of extreme emergency. This spell takes the longest to cast and has the highest chance to not work at all.
“At the shores of eternity, there is an ocean of tears.
Great phoenix, hear my cries.
Grant me this selfish wish so that I can live again.
Feel the air in my chest and see my loved ones once more.
Give this lost soul a feather from your tail so that I may light my way home through this dark storm.
Allow this kindred spirit to rise as you have risen from the ashes anew. Arise! Arise!”

Past: Celestine is home to the people of the sun, though many different citizens from all over the continent live there the kingdom originally was made up of pyromancers. Among the highest of the pyromancy magic is the Phoenix Wielder. These fire mages are referred to as Phoenixbourne. Every 100 years a child is born with the mark of the phoenix these mages have been chosen by the Phoenix Icarus and are destined for greatness. Weisse was born with said mark. He was born with a fever and was a fussy babe but as he got older he became calmer. Weisse’s father was always known as humble. The wealthy citizens are happy living comfortably close to the kingdom. While further from the kingdom in what has become the slums of Celestine and the rural area surrounding Celestine starves. Weisse hopes to become a knight and change Celestine into a fair and peaceful place for all to live. His father told Weisse it was a fool’s dream. Though with the pride of his son’s determination. Sir Feonix started Weisse’s training immediately. For every lesson of combat and swordsmanship, there were two lessons for the young lad’s mind.

At the age of 7, he started showing signs of fire magic. It was a cold night when Weisse lost control. He was 10 years old, Weisse’s magic had activated and caused a fire in the estate. No one had been hurt thankfully but the fire was difficult to extinguish. Shortly after this incident, Weisse’s father sent him to the Celestine Academy for mages. In three years at the age of 13, the faculty were impressed with how much he had grown in such a short amount of time.

Spending six years at one of the best schools in Celestine Weisse learned about literature, history, Maths, most of all he studied magic. At the age of 16, Weisse had become a prodigy and one of the youngest mages to learn an explosion spell. It wasn’t long after that when Weisse had been invited to attend the academy of Ivermore.

Last edited:
Name: Gunter Nagengast
Place Of Origin: Toln, in the country of Alricht
Height: 6’3’’
Physique: A large, barrel chested, broad build
Eyes: Green
Clothing: Gunter dresses flamboyantly, in colorful clothes complete with ostentatious accessories and feathered hats.

Identifying Marks: Gunter's mother was one of the Dopplesoldner or Landsknecht during the Totality Wars, and during the wars before that. While the Dopplesoldner are disbanded, he still carries on their legacy of flamboyant garb and mannerisms. He has a multitude of tiny scars from his active upbringing, but before you notice those, you’ll notice one of his many feathered hats, his colorful garb and many rings, necklaces and bracelets. He has a neatly trimmed blond beard that he will sometimes dye colors or thread ribbons through.

Landsknechts2.jpg62712f3.pngd53371e.png

Personality: The first word most people think of when describing Gunter is ‘big’. They can’t help it. It’s just a simple reality. Everything about him is big, his body, his voice, his personality, his sense of style, his charisma. Gunter embraces this. He loves the spotlight, being the center of attention, and takes pains to make it so the spotlight never leaves him. He cares very little what other people think of him, so long as they don’t think nothing of him. Insults and vitriol he loves almost as much as praise and adulation, while people dismissing him and ignoring him can send him into fits of depression or rage. Fortunately, Gunter's jaunty, natural charisma makes it very difficult to ignore him. He has a genuine desire to help people, but this can often take second place to looking good while doing it. He prefers a good drink and a lot of food to fighting, but fighting is a close second and he enjoys doing it so long it's all in good fun.

Fragment: Gunter wields a Poleaxe of simple design, only he’s festooned it with ribbons and colorful strips of cloth so that it waves nearly like a banner. It doesn't have as flashy an ability as Gunter would like, but he can't deny it's uses, and anything can be flashy if you are clever and present it well enough. He can swing his weapon to create a wave of low sound so intense that it can seriously damage the human body. This usually takes the form of a simple wall of sound, but when he strikes something naturally conducive to vibrations, the damaging vibrations can be sent a long way up a physical object causing damage along the way and afflicting those Gunter may not even be able to see.

Skills: Gunter is extremely skilled with his Poleaxe. Favoring moves that can often be flashy rather than functional, he enjoys lulling his opponents into thinking he’s a grandstanding fool before smashing them and, hopefully, making the crowd go wild. He’s skilled with his tongue (In more ways than one, he would tell you) and has a firm grounding in math, science and literature. He’s recently discovered his magic of Sound Manipulation, being able to do things such as create sonic booms, make an area completely silent or deafen his opponents. It’s not something he’s terribly verse in using offensively yet. He does, however, have skills geared towards spectacle, doing things like making all of the sounds he makes louder, and making his opponent completely silent during a fight. The spotlight is his, after all. It wouldn’t due to have anyone upstage him. Also lending to his love of spectacle, Gunter is proficient with the fiddle.

Past: Gunter was raised by his mother, Emelliene Nagengast, and her swarm of ‘extended relatives’ (her old veteran war buddies), his father having been killed in the Totality Wars. A former Dopplesoldner or Landsknecht his mother is just as flamboyant as he. She taught him to fight at a young age right alongside teaching him how to dress his best (Well, best is subjective. She taught him to dress his best for a Dopplesoldner, anyway).

As a child he and his mother were very well off. Not quite as rich as some, but wealthy enough, as the Dopplesoldner were elite mercenaries for hire during the war, and business had been good. However his family, and his mother in particular, loved the glory and fame that came with being a Dopplesoldner and after the war was finished, the council of mages in their homeland of Alricht disbanded the Dopplesoldner calling them ‘bloody relics of a bygone age’. This caused a burning resentment in his mother who rails against the breaking of her families history as Dopplesoldner, certain that this ‘peace’ the mages promised will be just as fragile as the last ‘peace’ they had just before the Totality Wars and that her organization will be of use soon. This resentment transferred to her son, who has a natural disdain of the magocracy, though he isn’t a terribly political creature and you might never know it.

But disdain or not, Gunter’s mother would have nothing but the best for her son, and after extensive training with his mother and her extended relatives (What she called her war buddies) on an extensive number of subjects such as how to wield a blade, how to play the fiddle, how to charm a lass or lad, and even mathematics and literature, she sent him off to try his hand at joining Ivermore. Despite being terrified of rejection and failing his mother, Gunter quickly discovered that his flamboyant yet effective method of fighting, his grounding in the arts and sciences, and his ability to grandstand in front of the proctors, put him squarely at the head of the pack of prospective students. He was quickly accepted.

It was here he discovered his natural proclivity for Sound Manipulation. When someone mentioned a chance to join the ranks of a group of young folk whose new weapons would catch the eye of the rest of the world, he jumped at the chance.

Last edited:
Name: Gunter Nagengast
Place Of Origin: Toln, in the country of Alricht
Height: 6’3’’
Physique: A large, barrel chested, broad build
Eyes: Green
Clothing: Gunter dresses flamboyantly, in colorful clothes complete with ostentatious accessories and feathered hats.

Identifying Marks: Gunter's mother was one of the Dopplesoldner or Landsknecht during the Totality Wars, and during the wars before that. While the Dopplesoldner are disbanded, he still carries on their legacy of flamboyant garb and mannerisms. He has a multitude of tiny scars from his rough and tumble upbringing, but before you notice those, you’ll notice one of his many feathered hats, his colorful garb and many rings, necklaces and bracelets. He has a neatly trimmed blond beard that he will sometimes dye colors or thread ribbons through.

Personality: The first word most people think of when describing Gunter is ‘big’. They can’t help it. It’s just a simple reality. Everything about him is big, his body, his voice, his personality, his sense of style, his charisma. Gunter embraces this. He loves the spotlight, being the center of attention, and takes pains to make it so. He cares very little what other people think of him, so long as they don’t think nothing of him. Insults and vitriol he loves almost as much as praise and adulation, while people dismissing him and ignoring him can send him into fits of depression or rage. Fortunately, Gunter's jaunty, natural charisma makes it very difficult to ignore him. He has a genuine desire to help people, but this can often take second place to looking good while doing it. He prefers a good drink and a lot of food to fighting, but fighting is a close second and he enjoys doing it so long it's all in good fun.

Fragment: Gunter wields a Poleaxe of simple design, only he’s festooned it with ribbons and colorful strips of cloth so that it waves nearly like a banner.

Skills: Gunter is extremely skilled with his Poleaxe. Favoring moves that can often be flashy rather than functional, he enjoys lulling his opponents into thinking he’s a grandstanding fool before smashing them and, hopefully, making the crowd go wild. He’s skilled with his tongue (In more ways than one, he would tell you) and has a firm grounding in math, science and literature. He’s recently discovered his magic of Sound Manipulation, being able to do things such as create sonic booms, make an area completely silent or deafen his opponents. It’s not something he’s terribly verse in using offensively yet. He does, however, have skills geared towards spectacle, doing things like making all of the sounds he makes louder, and making his opponent completely silent during a fight. The spotlight is his, after all. It wouldn’t due to have anyone upstage him.

Past: Gunter was raised by his mother, Emelliene Nagengast, and her swarm of ‘extended relatives’ (her old veteran war buddies), his father having been killed in the Totality Wars. A former Dopplesoldner or Landsknecht his mother is just as flamboyant as he. She taught him to fight at a young age right alongside teaching him how to dress his best (Well, best is subjective. She taught him to dress his best for a Dopplesoldner, anyway).

As a child he and his mother were very well off. Not quite as rich as some, but wealthy enough, as the Dopplesoldner were elite mercenaries for hire during the war, and business had been good. However his family, and his mother in particular, loved the glory and fame that came with being a Dopplesoldner and after the war was finished, the council of mages in their homeland of Alricht disbanded the Dopplesoldner calling them ‘bloody relics of a bygone age’. This caused a burning resentment in his mother who rails against the breaking of her families history as Dopplesoldner, certain that this ‘peace’ the mages promised will be just as fragile as the last ‘peace’ they had just before the Totality Wars and that her organization will be of use soon. This resentment transferred to her son, who has a natural disdain of the magocracy, though he isn’t a terribly political creature and you might never know it.

But disdain or not, Gunter’s mother would have nothing but the best for her son, and after extensive training with his mother and her extended relatives (What she called her war buddies) on an extensive number of subjects such as how to wield a blade, how to charm a lass or lad, and even mathematics and literature, she sent him off to try his hand at joining Ivermore. Despite being terrified of rejection and failing his mother, Gunter quickly discovered that his flamboyant yet effective method of fighting, his grounding in the arts and sciences, and his ability to grandstand in front of the proctors, put him squarely at the head of the pack of prospective students. He was quickly accepted.

It was here he discovered his natural proclivity for Sound Manipulation. When someone mentioned a chance to join the ranks of a group of young folk whose new weapons would catch the eye of the rest of the world, he jumped at the chance.
What a great back story!

What a great back story!
Thanks! I like the phoenix idea you've got going. It's always a super fun theme to have for a character. I also like the good natured and noble personality. We might have need of that haha.

Name: Zaria Serrano
Place Of Origin: Khadia
Height: 5'6"
Physique: Firm
Eyes: Yellow
Clothing: A black crown, white and light blue dress, black boots, black gloves, and black rose corset.
1589998-bigthumbnail.jpg
Identifying Marks: She has a yellow rose mark on her right shoulder.
Personality: This poor former princess is completely traumatize here. They don't smile, laugh, and will scream at anyone, who tries to touch her. She doesn't drink any tea, since it brings up the sad memories of her noble friends. Zaria can be polite and respectful, but she lost the will to live after her father tried to force them to join the Totality Wars. They are usually seen crying in their room, because of what happened to her.
The princess loves to eat sweets, and wouldn't mind playing chess with someone. They also need a good friend here, as they are very lonely.
Fragment: Zaria wields a beautiful lance that the yellow part of it changes to purple when she poisoned someone. ( The picture in the spoiler is the lance. )
Skills: Zaria is honestly a very dangerous person to deal with, because she has poison manipulation. She is talented at using her lance, and each stab from that lance of hers is dangerous, since her poison manipulation affects her enemy.
Past: The kingdom of the Serrano family was one of the last holdouts after the Wars, going into hiding and trying to hold onto power by striking at the Assembly's forces from the shadows. The king, desperate for loyal and effective soldiers, pushed his own daughter into the fight after she turned out to have potent poisonous magic. She has since been rescued from this fate and is taken care of at Ivermore, though her trauma persists.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back