• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy |:| Godspeed |:|

Literally Batman

World's Greatest Detective

[IMG='width:269px;']https://fontmeme.com/permalink/181012/54e0299ed96f0a2606885251a0ee51f7.png[/IMG]

maxresdefault.jpg

Many, many years ago, the planet was ruled by many pantheons of Gods, their divine presence forcing order upon their respect lands. These Gods were from different origins and ruled different lands, and they each respected each other's claims for territory. The Gods used their might to administer justice and ensure tranquility over the people of Earth, in return for continued sacrifice and belief of the Earthly mortals, as their beliefs were the source of power for these Gods.

These Gods ruled undisputed over the Earth for many years, but times did change. They found people were moving away from their religion and their lands of worship. The Gods realized that their power was dwindling. They would have to turn to a different way of connecting with the human world. Soon, an idea came to their minds.

That was the origin of the Communicator Program. Each major God of every pantheon would choose a Communicator, a human person, to imbue a fraction of their powers into. These humans would represent these Gods in the world, able to infiltrate the ranks of the mortals easier than the Gods themselves and continue the God's quest with their new human aids.

The Gods then quickly went about setting their plan to action. First, they seized the mythical island of Avalon, a place no human or beast could simply wander upon, and designated it as the Communicator Headquarters, the place where the Gods would teach the Communicators their powers and limits, while also giving them a safe place to rest and a home base, so to speak. Then, the Gods appeared to their chosen mortals across the globe in a dream, telling them of this role, and then, transporting them to Avalon to train.

These Communicators would have a heavy task before them, but a future of being a champion of the globe and protector from evil awaited these young warriors.

That is, if they don't get them first.

1539473404191.png

Welcome to GODSPEED, an RP about mythology with a unique approach! Feel free to ask me any questions about the lore and so on and so forth (this is only a rough background). Also, feel free to stake your claim in any of the mythical pantheons that will be listed below! If you think of a God that's not on here, alert me and I'll see if it's appropriate.

1539468741337.png

The Ancient Greek gods presided over the lands of Greece, their stunning tales influencing people around the world, even into modern times, with their Gods even chiseled into the religion of the Romans. They championed the classical world in the past, but have fallen out of favor in modern times, reduced to historical content in textbooks and artistic references.

Zeus, God of the Sky
[OPEN]

Poseidon, God of the Sea
izayoiix izayoiix

Hera, Queen of the Gods
[OPEN]

Hades, Lord of the Underworld
[OPEN]

Ares, God of War
[OPEN]

Athena, Goddess of Wisdom
[OPEN]

Demeter, Goddess of Agriculture
[OPEN]

Apollo, God of the Sun
[OPEN]

Artemis, Goddess of the Moon
Felis Felis

Aphrodite, Goddess of Love
[OPEN]

Hephaestus, God of the Smiths
Sizniche Sizniche

Hermes, the Messenger
[OPEN]

Dionysus, God of Wine
[OPEN]

1539469134614.png

The bitter lands of the north were championed by Vikings, raiders and explorers, steely warriors at heart. They were empowered by the Norse gods, a pantheon of fierce gods that protected all 9 realms of the cosmos. They, too, fell out of favor in modern times, becoming the lore of action movies and superhero flicks, watered down by the entertainment industries.

Ymir, the First Being
[Open]

Odin, the Ruler
Literally Batman Literally Batman

Thor, the God of Lightning
RI.a RI.a

Tyr, the Hero
[Open]

Loki, the God of Trickery
[Open]

Hel, the Goddess of the Underworld
[Open]

Heimdall, the Protector of Asgard
[Open]

Freya, the Valkyrie
[Open]

1539470737061.png

The Egyptians were the greatest civilization of the Bronze age, and the Egyptian gods indeed held great influence over the world for many years, creating knowledge to be passed on through the eras to today, but as Egypt lost power, so did the Gods of Egypt, soon becoming an afterthought.

Ra, the Sun God
[Open]

Ma'at, the Goddess of Order
[Open]

Osiris, the Dead God
[Open]

Isis, the Goddess of Magic
[Open]

Horus, the Avenger
[Open]

Set, the Antagonist
Remembrance Remembrance

Anubis, the God of Embalming
Rexcaliburr Rexcaliburr

Thoth, the Record-Keeper
BackSet BackSet

Bastet, the Goddess of Felines
[Open]

Khepri, the Scarab
[Open]

1539471014685.png

The Shinto religion of Japan was blossomed and, while significantly weakened, still holds pockets of believers in the archipelago today. The Shinto religion focuses on the tales of Kami, extraordinary spirits that represented forces of nature. While it hasn't died as the others have, the Shinto religion never quite reached the same peak that the others did.

Amaterasu, the Goddess of the Sun and Universe
RI.a RI.a

Inari, the God of Prosperity
Uxie Uxie

Hachiman, the God of the Military Arts
[Open]

Raijin, the God of Thunder
[Open]

Fujin, the God of Wind
[Open]

Susanoo, the God of the Sea and Storms
[Open]

Tsukuyomi, the Goddess of the Moon
[Open]

Ryujin, the Sea Dragon
The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof

1539471743668.png

The Celtic religion was almost a mish-mosh of many European Gods, a powerful network of unique deities that presided over the lands prior to the takeover of Christianity. These Gods were especially focused in the Ireland-Wales-Scotland area, where their presence was strongest.

The Dagda, the Father God
[Open]

Cernunnos, the Horned One
[Open]

The Morrigan, the Mysterious Goddess of War
[Open]

Brigid, the Goddess of Healing
rbk4373 rbk4373

Lugh, the Master of Skills (and Sun God)
Kaitisme Kaitisme

1539473404191.png

I'll gladly open another pantheon if requested and I agree. If you want a God not on there, like I said above, let me know.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you join!

Yours truly,

-BATS

Attachments

• 1539468603827.png
    1539468603827.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1539472258992.png
    1539472258992.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 1539472358072.png
    1539472358072.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
so, tl;dr, gods lose influence in the world, and suddenly paladins? sounds cool

EDIT: Also, I could be wrong, but isnt Hephaestus better known as the God of Fire, with smithing work just being entailed in that? just asking, epecially considering i lowkey wanna claim him

Seems like a cool idea! I'm just curious who would play the Gods? would the players have control, or would they be NPCs?

(I'd also like to claim Lugh!)

Im interested. Im not sure which god yet, but i lowkey want to pick Ryujin and Genji ult people
Ryū ga waga teki o kurau

I'm interested! I'd like to claim Anubis ^^
Alright!

I’m interested in making a character for Brigid
mmkay!

so, tl;dr, gods lose influence in the world, and suddenly paladins? sounds cool

EDIT: Also, I could be wrong, but isnt Hephaestus better known as the God of Fire, with smithing work just being entailed in that? just asking, epecially considering i lowkey wanna claim him
I suppose. The nametag doesn't really matter, you can gain several aspects of the God when you make them.

Question: What’s the time period and I guess with that, the setting?
Modern times, modern world, + magic island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

Seems like a cool idea! I'm just curious who would play the Gods? would the players have control, or would they be NPCs?

(I'd also like to claim Lugh!)

For the most part, the Gods won't be physical entities, and will simply be like "fairy-on-your-shoulder" type guides, so you will be playing them.

Alright!

interested in inari or brigid!

Seems like somebody wants Brigid, so I'll put you down for Inari for now.

Ryū ga waga teki o kurau

Alright!

mmkay!

I suppose. The nametag doesn't really matter, you can gain several aspects of the God when you make them.

Modern times, modern world, + magic island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

For the most part, the Gods won't be physical entities, and will simply be like "fairy-on-your-shoulder" type guides, so you will be playing them.

Alright!

Seems like somebody wants Brigid, so I'll put you down for Inari for now.
Yeah´, im taking Ryujin, evne if im not gonna just create Genji XD I´m putting effort into it and giving it a serious approach, so dont you worry.
(Also that was Hanzo, Genji says "Ryujin no ken wo kurae", which roughly means "The dragongod guides my blade.)

Yeah´, im taking Ryujin, evne if im not gonna just create Genji XD I´m putting effort into it and giving it a serious approach, so dont you worry.
(Also that was Hanzo, Genji says "Ryujin no ken wo kurae", which roughly means "The dragongod guides my blade.)
really whoops

can I handle another rp? this looks cool and I'm down! Interested in either amaterasu (I love okami) or thor (just a sucker for anything thunder god related)

Ooh, this sounds interesting!
I'd like to claim Artemis, if possible, please.

Ok!

can I handle another rp? this looks cool and I'm down! Interested in either amaterasu (I love okami) or thor (just a sucker for anything thunder god related)

I'll put you down for Amaterasu tentatively; you're welcome to go for Thor if you please, though.

Coolio. I’d like to claim Set please.

Somebody had to lol. Done

Hmmm only two out of the three noble children for the Shinto Pantheon (no Tsukuyomi)? >o>

hello! I would love to play sekhmet from egyptian mythos if you were open to having her in your rp~.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back