• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Godspeed! - IC Thread

Delja looks with interest to their host, asking, "If I may, my Lord, but can you share with us this prophecy that you say we are key players in? What can you share with us?"

Delja looks with interest to their host, asking, "If I may, my Lord, but can you share with us this prophecy that you say we are key players in? What can you share with us?"
Wesley shook his head, "I will not share any more concerning the Prophecy than what I have revealed thusfar - unless, of course, you agree to work with me in fulfilling it. I cannot risk any of the finer details escaping this estate in the heads of those who have not already committed themselves to the cause."

Mor'du looks at Lord Wesley quizzically. "How can we say that we will commit ourselves to some cause without having much information on what that cause is? I am willing to listen, but if there is little to be said, what are we to do?"

Uquonta

The conversation began taking a turn for the strange when the blind boy arrived. Of all people, that was our host. How could such a man be so wealthy? So powerful? Surely he had access to some kind of great and powerful magic. More importantly, he had the thing I sought, and the thing I feared. If he told me to do anything short of jumping off a cliff, I probably would have accepted it. The others didn't seem quite so keen on the idea, and to be honest, neither was I really. Prophecies were scary. They told you to things you didn't understand - and right now I had no elder with me to tell me which ones were true or false.

"You can't talk about the prophecy. I wanted to know what we would save the world from - what would happen to it. You can't say it can you? I get it. If you are not lying, then the world ends if we do not follow. You could be tricking us... but I don't care." I stepped forward, approaching the blind boy. Even if I could achieve my goals without going along with what he was saying, it would all be for naught if the world really did end. "Our rewards. That you can show us, right? What you promised us.... Or that you have the... the... mans... no... urgh what was the word? Means! Yes, the MEANS to get us what you promised us! You can't talk about the prophecy, but we you can show us that you can give us the rewards. I'll... "commit" to this thing if you can."

__medusa_shingeki_no_bahamut_and_2_more_drawn_by_hisakata_souji__d3461569f0d2a595988c2cd22e4cf-jpg.960075

Proficiency Bonus: +2
Hit Points: 40 / 40
Hit Dice: 4d10 / 4d10
Armor Class: 15
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft
Passive Perception: 14
Spellcasting Ability: Wis
Spellsave DC: 13
Spell Attack Bonus: +5
Spell Points: 1/8

Mor'du looks at Lord Wesley quizzically. "How can we say that we will commit ourselves to some cause without having much information on what that cause is? I am willing to listen, but if there is little to be said, what are we to do?"

"Our cause is simple. To avert the end of the world, " Lord Wesley seemed to hesitate for a moment, before continuing, "While I cannot share any explicit details on the prophecy itself, I can alleviate some of your concerns. Feel free to question me on whatever it is you may feel wary or unconvinced on - and I will attempt to answer without compromising the Prophecy. Is this acceptable?"

Uquonta

The conversation began taking a turn for the strange when the blind boy arrived. Of all people, that was our host. How could such a man be so wealthy? So powerful? Surely he had access to some kind of great and powerful magic. More importantly, he had the thing I sought, and the thing I feared. If he told me to do anything short of jumping off a cliff, I probably would have accepted it. The others didn't seem quite so keen on the idea, and to be honest, neither was I really. Prophecies were scary. They told you to things you didn't understand - and right now I had no elder with me to tell me which ones were true or false.

"You can't talk about the prophecy. I wanted to know what we would save the world from - what would happen to it. You can't say it can you? I get it. If you are not lying, then the world ends if we do not follow. You could be tricking us... but I don't care." I stepped forward, approaching the blind boy. Even if I could achieve my goals without going along with what he was saying, it would all be for naught if the world really did end. "Our rewards. That you can show us, right? What you promised us.... Or that you have the... the... mans... no... urgh what was the word? Means! Yes, the MEANS to get us what you promised us! You can't talk about the prophecy, but we you can show us that you can give us the rewards. I'll... "commit" to this thing if you can."

__medusa_shingeki_no_bahamut_and_2_more_drawn_by_hisakata_souji__d3461569f0d2a595988c2cd22e4cf-jpg.960075

Wesley turned towards Uquonta's voice next, and he nodded.

"Indeed. I can reveal to you what you were promised..... That being said, I am not the one you should necessarily turn to for those promises. My...... associate was the one who made those offers - he should be arriving soon, in fact."

"As for the threat facing the world... I can admit that I am not fully sure of the answer myself. All I am privy to are the critical events by which the world teeters on a knife's edge. Should even a single of these events carry on as was promised by the prophecy.... What will transpire can only be described as cataclysmic. The world torn asunder, quite literally in fact. If I were to parry a guess.... I would offer a divine explanation."

Last edited:
Delja frowns at the dire proclamations from Lord Wesley, wondering just what could cause the world to be destroyed the way he claims it will. She says, "I have sworn oaths to protect and serve those in need, so if there really is a threat to the world like you say there is, then I would be pleased to step forward and see what I can do to help put a stop to such a threat."

Delja frowns at the dire proclamations from Lord Wesley, wondering just what could cause the world to be destroyed the way he claims it will. She says, "I have sworn oaths to protect and serve those in need, so if there really is a threat to the world like you say there is, then I would be pleased to step forward and see what I can do to help put a stop to such a threat."
Wesley smiled, "I thank you."

He then turned to the others.

"And you lot?"

Mor'du thinks for a moment, then gives a mental shrug. "I cannot stand idly by and let others suffer if I have the ability to do something about it. I will aid you as best I can."

Mor'du thinks for a moment, then gives a mental shrug. "I cannot stand idly by and let others suffer if I have the ability to do something about it. I will aid you as best I can."
Wesley nodded in approval.

Uquonta

"Associate? What is an associate? Who are they? If they made the promise, why are we talking to you instead? He invited us to your house you know?" I couldn't understand such people, and my struggle to contain myself from doing any sudden movements that could expose my body was only making me more frustrated with all of it. His explanation of what would happen to the world wasn't much more comforting. 'Divine explanation' he called it, meaning some god was responsible for the end of the world. If such a thing was true... it only made achieving my goals even more important. Which was not to mention the fact that the tone of the whole thing had shifted too, and now everyone was pledging themselves to the cause even if they protested before. As I thought, maybe this man had some potent magic. I muttered a protective saying under my breath before speaking up again. "I will do like I said before. I will wait until I see you have my reward or the m-meAns, means to get it. Or your 'associate' does, I guess."

Uquonta

"Associate? What is an associate? Who are they? If they made the promise, why are we talking to you instead? He invited us to your house you know?" I couldn't understand such people, and my struggle to contain myself from doing any sudden movements that could expose my body was only making me more frustrated with all of it. His explanation of what would happen to the world wasn't much more comforting. 'Divine explanation' he called it, meaning some god was responsible for the end of the world. If such a thing was true... it only made achieving my goals even more important. Which was not to mention the fact that the tone of the whole thing had shifted too, and now everyone was pledging themselves to the cause even if they protested before. As I thought, maybe this man had some potent magic. I muttered a protective saying under my breath before speaking up again. "I will do like I said before. I will wait until I see you have my reward or the m-meAns, means to get it. Or your 'associate' does, I guess."

Lord Wesley gave a faint smile at the remark, "Sometimes his actions confuse me as well. But I assure you, my associate isn't really the type of person that enjoys speaking. Or is capable of it, really. I understand your concerns, as well. I-"

Cutting off Lord Wesley then was a gust of wind blasting open the main doors to the front of the estate, revealing the entry of.... No one. Or at least, no one that could be seen, though a faint, barely distinguishable sound akin to the chittering of small rodents could be heard waffling through the air.

Lord Wesley grinned widely.

"That's him!"

Mor'du is more than a bit confused, and is doing his best to keep that fact from being too obvious. What kind of companion is this person that is not capable of speaking? Then the doors of the room suddenly blast open, making the large minotaur leap to his feet in readiness of a potential fight. But there is no one there. What is going on here? And what is that noise? Sounds like . . . the squeaking of a bunch of rats?

"I . . . don't understand. What is this? Some sort of spirit?"

Lilith Falciani

HP: 26
AC: 12

Passive Perception: 13

Spell Slots
1st: 4/4
2nd: 2/2

Familiar

HP:
AC: 15

When the cloaked girl asked if Ixen was dangerous Lilith actually laughed. A psudodragon burning down a forest? Maybe in their wildest dreams. Before she could voice that thought however a door opened and their host came in. She raised her brow and fell silent, letting the others do the talking as she leaned back against a wall, listening.

First, it was surprising that this was Lord Wesley, the man known for throwing parties. He looked like he could barely take care of himself nevermind host a ball, and from what he was suggesting her appraisal was spot on. He was not healthy.

Lilith was also surprised by Leon. She didn't disagree was what they were saying, not for the most part, but how they said it was... unnecessarily aggressive. Though the way he refused to give them any useful information was very frustrating. The others didn't seem to mind the lack of details however as a few of them started pledging themselves to the cause.

When the front door opened to reveal empty air Lilith decided she'd had enough. "Yeah... no." She finally said. "Weird ghost employer aside, nothing about this job sounds attractive. Lack of info. Cloak and dagger. Vague promises. This is sounding like the strangest con I've ever heard of. Besides, I'm a bounty hunter not some kind of hero." She pushed off the wall and turned to leave. "Unless your 'associate' can provide payment up front, or proof of payment, count me out."

Last edited:
Delja is curious enough that she sits up in her seat, trying to identify what this strange being may be. If it is a spirit, that might explain how the letters were able to be delivered to them without being spotted.

Lord Wesley grinned, his gaze much more lively now that his "associate" had entered into the fray. He waited a few more moments, his expression barely changing before he let out a slight sigh and an affirmative nod. He then turned back towards the group.

"I have relayed your concerns to my associate here, and we have come to an accord on what can be done for you all."

Just like that, a small, velvet box appeared before Uquonta ( Idea Idea ), seemingly popping into sight in an instant, though it showed signs of clearly having been handled mere moments prior. Aloft on it laid a tiny note : "Your "reward," if that is what you see it as."

Wesley turned to Lilith, his eyes betraying a bit of a panicked expression as she seemed to posture leaving ( Ian Temero Ian Temero ), "Rest assured that I can provide a good sum of payment - certainly more than you'd likely see in years. Despite what I may seem, I am still a nobleman, after all."

He then turned to the group at large.

"Any further concerns?"

Uquonta

The statements left me in utter confusion. His associate didn't even speak? Why? I never heard of anyone who couldn't speak. I knew the strangers couldn't talk to the creatures of the forest, but I didn't imagine some wouldn't be able to speak at all. On top of that, for such a person to be this man's "associate" and to be responsible for the message and our rewards...

"Rrrrg." I growled under my breath. "You must be trying to trick us. No way such a per-"

But just as I was voicing my complaints, the very person I was so skeptical about arrived. Well, I say person, but who knows if they really were. After all, there was no body to be seen if there was even any to be felt, and the only sound that followed him was like that of mice or squirrels, which my gut was telling me wouldn't be willing to talk to me either. The minotaur asked if this one was a spirit, something which made me nearly jump in place. I squinted my eyes trying to look at the spot he might, presumably, be at, trying to catch any glimpse of a hint. Spirits were something to be revered after all, but he didn't strike me as wise or nurturing, he was more like an evil spirit. The stories I was told were full of people who mocked great spirits as if they were evil ones though.

Wesly then turned around... with his back to us... for some reason.... before announcing how the he did something I didn't quite understand to our concerns. While I was still trying to figure out this puzzling set of actions, by magic some kind of box poofed into existence in front of me, and in the struggle to catch it quickly, I had to take my hands off my cloak, claws exposed to the world as I grabbed the box. I immediately pulled them and the box back inside, and moved towards a corner, where I could take a proper look at what that was all about. There was a note, so I squinted my eyes a bit.

"Y-you re-wa-rd if th-that is wha-t you seee it aas.." I read the note, a bit aloud. So this was my reward? Which meant! I rushed to open the box, facing the corner so as to not expose my claws (again) as I looked into the contents. A pair of shriveled wings rested inside, and sent my heart pumping at the sight of them. They were right here in my hands. To think I'd get them this easily... If they were willing to give this away, that either meant they were confident they could control me with the blackmail alone, or they simply trusted me enough to pay in advance. Either way though, I did intend to keep my word. I didn't want to break it to someone who could do these kinds of things... and more importantly, someone who might be able to find me more.

I closed the box back up again and returned to Wesley and his "associate".

"That was the reward I was offered, yes. So I guess I should do what you ask now. What should we do first?"

Uquonta

The statements left me in utter confusion. His associate didn't even speak? Why? I never heard of anyone who couldn't speak. I knew the strangers couldn't talk to the creatures of the forest, but I didn't imagine some wouldn't be able to speak at all. On top of that, for such a person to be this man's "associate" and to be responsible for the message and our rewards...

"Rrrrg." I growled under my breath. "You must be trying to trick us. No way such a per-"

But just as I was voicing my complaints, the very person I was so skeptical about arrived. Well, I say person, but who knows if they really were. After all, there was no body to be seen if there was even any to be felt, and the only sound that followed him was like that of mice or squirrels, which my gut was telling me wouldn't be willing to talk to me either. The minotaur asked if this one was a spirit, something which made me nearly jump in place. I squinted my eyes trying to look at the spot he might, presumably, be at, trying to catch any glimpse of a hint. Spirits were something to be revered after all, but he didn't strike me as wise or nurturing, he was more like an evil spirit. The stories I was told were full of people who mocked great spirits as if they were evil ones though.

Wesly then turned around... with his back to us... for some reason.... before announcing how the he did something I didn't quite understand to our concerns. While I was still trying to figure out this puzzling set of actions, by magic some kind of box poofed into existence in front of me, and in the struggle to catch it quickly, I had to take my hands off my cloak, claws exposed to the world as I grabbed the box. I immediately pulled them and the box back inside, and moved towards a corner, where I could take a proper look at what that was all about. There was a note, so I squinted my eyes a bit.

"Y-you re-wa-rd if th-that is wha-t you seee it aas.." I read the note, a bit aloud. So this was my reward? Which meant! I rushed to open the box, facing the corner so as to not expose my claws (again) as I looked into the contents. A pair of shriveled wings rested inside, and sent my heart pumping at the sight of them. They were right here in my hands. To think I'd get them this easily... If they were willing to give this away, that either meant they were confident they could control me with the blackmail alone, or they simply trusted me enough to pay in advance. Either way though, I did intend to keep my word. I didn't want to break it to someone who could do these kinds of things... and more importantly, someone who might be able to find me more.

I closed the box back up again and returned to Wesley and his "associate".

"That was the reward I was offered, yes. So I guess I should do what you ask now. What should we do first?"

Wesley smiled in clear approval and relief.

"I'm glad this gift could prove satisfactory. As I stated before, the Prophecy details a few events by which the fate of this world teeters. One such event is nearly upon us - in this very Principality, in fact. Now - as for you."

Wesley turned towards Lilith once more, with a singular eyebrow raised, as if he was waiting with trepidation.

Lilith Falciani

Spell Slots

Familiar

HP:

Lilith sighed as Wesley promised her money. Obviously he hadn't gotten her point. She didn't want more promises, she wanted what had been offered. Medicine. And she wanted it now. He was right though, he could probably pay more than she had ever seen in her life, but was it worth the risk of an unknown job? Before she could voice anything however the cloaked girl agreed to work for him and the focus of the room turned to Lilith. Since everyone seemed to think that this was legit she should probably give in and help. But she wasn't going down without a fight.

"I want you to provide for my family." Lilith demanded, returning to the group. "A house big enough for six in a good neighborhood. Two servants, both girls, one for general housekeeping and one as a nanny. One-hundred-twenty gold per month for living expenses until my sister is old enough to fend for herself. All this available ASAP in addition to the promised medicine that brought me here in the first place." She placed a hand on her hip and looked Wesley straight in the eye. "Small price to pay for saving the world I think? Oh, and I want it in writing. I won't be agreeing to anything until I see your signature."

Lilith Falciani

Spell Slots

Familiar

HP:

Lilith sighed as Wesley promised her money. Obviously he hadn't gotten her point. She didn't want more promises, she wanted what had been offered. Medicine. And she wanted it now. He was right though, he could probably pay more than she had ever seen in her life, but was it worth the risk of an unknown job? Before she could voice anything however the cloaked girl agreed to work for him and the focus of the room turned to Lilith. Since everyone seemed to think that this was legit she should probably give in and help. But she wasn't going down without a fight.

"I want you to provide for my family." Lilith demanded, returning to the group. "A house big enough for six in a good neighborhood. Two servants, both girls, one for general housekeeping and one as a nanny. One-hundred-twenty gold per month for living expenses until my sister is old enough to fend for herself. All this available ASAP in addition to the promised medicine that brought me here in the first place." She placed a hand on her hip and looked Wesley straight in the eye. "Small price to pay for saving the world I think? Oh, and I want it in writing. I won't be agreeing to anything until I see your signature."

Wesley nodded slowly, as if he was mulling over every condition demanded by Lilith.

"I can provide everything of my own accord, sans of course for this.... medicine? I apologize, I lack specific knowledge on it. Whatever my friend promised you, I am sure he can - oh?"

Wesley paused again mid-sentence, his expression shifting from one of temperance, to one of mild shock, and then finally to one of tepid concern and understanding.

"My deepest apologies. My friend wants me to inform you that the medicine you seek... is not currently in his possession. Please don't take this to mean he brought you here under false pretenses - he knows where you may obtain the ingredients to create the particular medicine. He and I are simply incapable of taking the steps necessary to obtain it on our own, as it would be most unwise for either of us to enter the locale in question. And neither of us would trust any other to take those actions in our stead."

Wesley frowned, his eyes allowing themselves to focus more intently on Lilith herself.

"I know the pain you feel. I myself once suffered under the same ailment that your sister currently endures. You might find something approaching a treatment in the Old Apothecary's Hovel - he resides in a hut near the beaches in this very city - it's a bit hidden, but you should be able to find it just fine. I would caution you of one thing and one thing only - do not purchase a single thing from the Apothecary beyond the medicine itself. He may attempt to swindle you, and the consequences of falling for his tricks are... unseemly."

Lilith Falciani

Spell Slots

Familiar

HP:

Lilith cursed under her breath when it was revealed that Wesley and his imaginary friend didn't have the medicine. Of course they didn't. She scowled when he started to sympathize, but when he offered an alternative her face softened a little. "I'll give it a look. I still want the rest in writing though." She crossed her arms but showed no more signs of leaving.

arching a brow, marianne stepped forward "you're so desperate for out help you offer prizes and rewards beforehand, yet you wont tell us what the job is." they crossed their arms over their chest "i would be... willing to go on your quest if it means saving the world... but i must have more information."

arching a brow, marianne stepped forward "you're so desperate for out help you offer prizes and rewards beforehand, yet you wont tell us what the job is." they crossed their arms over their chest "i would be... willing to go on your quest if it means saving the world... but i must have more information."
Wesley nodded to both Marianne and Lilith, "Indeed. As it seems we've all but come to accord on this matter, I suppose I can share more information on what is to be done."

"In the next few days, this city will experience an upheaval like never seen before, culminating in what could lead to the end of us all. While the fine details are uncertain, the first split in the timeline occurs tonight."

Wesley paused for a moment as if in deeper contemplation before continuing.

"There will be a series of assassinations of prominent aristocrats across the Principality, coordinated by a Halfling secessionist group fashioning itself as the Velvet Fist. I will be one of those targeted, right here in this estate. I need you to make sure that by dawn tomorrow, I will have been successfully killed by the Velvet Fist without drawing the attention of any of my servants or guards."

Mor'du blinks a few times, then scratches his head in confusion. "I am sorry to have to ask, but did you say you wanted to be killed by these Velvet Fist people? That doesn't make any sense to me. I must ask, why would you wish this? Are you seeking to make yourself a martyr of some kind?"

Mor'du blinks a few times, then scratches his head in confusion. "I am sorry to have to ask, but did you say you wanted to be killed by these Velvet Fist people? That doesn't make any sense to me. I must ask, why would you wish this? Are you seeking to make yourself a martyr of some kind?"

Wesley sighed, "Believe me, I do not particularly want to die. It is simply the case that my uninterrupted death at the hands of the Velvet Fist is the only chance that the world has of persisting onwards - at least according to the Prophecy. After my death, my associate will also be freed from his bindings - I have instructed him to guide you all fully in your pursuits."

Uquonta

The minotaur's concerns were my first ones as well, after hearing that lord's request. It was good that he was willing to tell us more after all and we wouldn't have to depart blindly, but what he shared left as confused as I was shocked: He didn't simply want us to let him die, he wanted us to aid in it from the sounds of it. Why would anyone desire their own death? At death's door, even a proud hunter, who covered his house in trophies and asked to be addressed by titles rather than his name, would be give up so much to see another dawn. Yet this one foresaw his own demise and proceeded to ask for us to help in it.

Though he attempted to clarify how we could even proceed after such an event, it wasn't that satisfying.

"Your "associate" is supposed to guide us? But YOU are the one who knows the prophecy! You are the one that saw the prophecy... weren't you? And you refuse to tell us nomatter what, so you wouldn't have told others either... And he can't even talk. Also we can't see him. Or hear him. How could he guide us like that? ... Is it because of those bindings?... What kind of bindings are those?" The questions just blurted out, but after a moment to catch my breath, a thought began to form. I shook my head, letting something but not quite like a newfound calm wash over me. Perhaps 'resignation' was a good word for it. You don't put beings in bindings for good things. Whether those beings are bad or the people doing the binding are bad, my gut told me this was trouble. But, whatever the case might be, they certainly wouldn't tell us honestly. They would lie or dodge the subject, that's what people did. I sighed. "No, forget about it. I guess it's not that important right now."

I gave the blind boy a little glare.

"If you are supposed to die tonight anyway... What do you want from us? You said the prophecy said this would happen, and prophecies come true when they are real, so could we not just go to sleep and let it happen without interfering?"

---------------------