• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Godspeed! - IC Thread

myrkwise

Despite everything, I'm still here.
Chordling Chordling
PatriasLover PatriasLover
Psychie Psychie
Idea Idea
Sherwood Sherwood
Junn Junn

Ian Temero Ian Temero

Lore Doc

————————-

All of you have just received a mysterious invitation to the Qymu Principality - specifically, a hilltop manor operated by a cryptic individual whom little is known of except for his name - Lord Wesley - and of course the fact that he’s fabulously rich and known for throwing lavish parties and celebrations at his estate.

Each invitation promised something of great interest to you. Please describe the contents of your letter and what drove you to the Wesley Manor - and what you do when you enter its pale gold halls.

When Mor'du first got this letter, he thought it was some sort of a hoax, a joke of some sort using his desire of being a knight as a means of teasing him. After all, who has ever heard of a minotaur knight? But the more that he ponders this invitation, there is something that strikes at the big bull-man as being legit and not a prank. Mor'du does spend some time asking about this Lord Wesley, trying to get some information about the supposed host of this get-together. Hearing that the Lord is real, and has a bit of a mysterious reputation other than as a party host, makes Mor'du curious. What does this rich man want with the likes of him? Well, it would seem that there is only one way to find out. Why not go to this Lord's manor and see for yourself? The worst case that happens, you leave. If this not a joke, it might be a part of earning your knighthood.

Mor'du makes sure that he puts his best manners on display as he approaches the manor, carefully shifting his greatsword on his back to a more comfortable position since he had the impression that his skills as a man of arms is the draw here, wearing his sword and armor, as he approaches the door before knocking with a beefy hand. Once the door opens, he offers up a slight bow and introduces himself and shows the invitation to the servant that answers his knock. Mor'du is somewhat impressed with the servant; he doesn't raise an eyebrow at the sight of the armed minotaur at the door. He must have been informed that I was on the way.

Walking into the main foyer, he looks around with curiosity. This is the first time that he's been in such a fine house, and he is curious as just how does the upper class live. Castellen Keep, for all that it is, it is a fortress and not a rich man's home. After a moment of gawking, he follows the servant to a plush waiting room where he is offered a glass of wine as he waits for the Lord of the manor to arrive.

Delja eyes this mysterious invitation as she sits and drinks her morning beer, wondering just how in the name of the gods it ended up in her room during the night without her noticing the messenger dropping it off. Well, she was just a bit drunk last night, so that could be a part of the reason why she didn't wake up. But still! It was delivered into her own room, and there was no sign of any break-in or anything stolen from her stuff. Strange.

Should I go? What if it is a trap? <snort> Right. If it were a plot to kill me off, why not do the deed last night while I was sleeping? No, this has to be something else. Perhaps it is a divine portent! It's not like the gods haven't delivered unto me visions before, so why not a letter? This bears some investigating.

Just before the time listed on the letter, the stout dwarven woman makes her way up the long winding drive to the door and gives a hearty knock, invite in hand. When the servant opens the door, she offers up a winning smile. "Hi there! I am Delja Hammerhaft, and I have an invitation to come here today to meet with Lord Wesley." Delja waits politely for the servant to look over her invite before handing it back and letting her in. Leading her through the manor, Delja takes the time to gawk a bit at the opulence of the place, right up to the point that the servant opens up the door to a sitting room and instructs her to wait here for the rest of the Lord's guests to arrive.

Then she sees the minotaur.

He was simply sitting in one of the many chairs there, trying to relax but looking cautious as he eyes her from across the room. Her first reaction is to stop and stare, but then it dawns on her that she's being rude. Stepping into the room, she finds a seat across from the large minotaur and says, "I don't suppose that you are Lord Wesley, are you? If so, I am Delja Hammerhaft, and I am pleased to meet you. If you are not Lord Wesley, I am still Delja Hammerhaft, and I greet you."

Mor'du raises up an eyebrow as he looks over at the dwarf woman, then shakes his head. "No, Delja Hammerhaft, I am not the Lord of this house. I am Mor'du e'Barrit, and I return your greetings with one of my own." His voice is deep and rumbling, but he speaks Common well enough to be easily understood. He eyes the dwarf, taking in the fact that she has an emblem of one of the gods around her neck, marking her as a member of the priesthood. "I presume that you have received an invitation from the Lord to come here today? I don't suppose that you would know what this meeting is about, do you? If so, would you care to share the details?"

Flumping down into the seat, Delja shakes her head. "Yes, I was invited, but no, I don't know what this is all about. I don't even know how the letter arrived at my bedside. I woke up this morning, and there it was." She looks around the room, her short legs swinging back and forth. She then says, "I spent some time pondering what to do, but eventually, my curiosity won out and I decided to come here to see what this is all about. The servant mentioned that the Lord has other guests coming; I wonder who they might be?"

Mor'du says, "I do not know who else has received a letter like ours. I cannot even speculate, since I don't even know why we are here. I suppose all there is to do now is to compose ourselves for a wait and see what happens."

Dear miss of the woods,

How have you been? I am pleased to hear from my huntsmen (despite the state you left them in), that you appear to be in a healthy condition. I was quite looking forward to a 'specimen demonstration' back at that Academy, a good friend informed it was quite a sight, a pity that I won't be able to appreciate one, but perhaps I will have the chance to see the specimen for myself still, so it is not all bad.

And as such, you are hereby invited to Wesley Manor, in the Qymu Principality! It is an offer you would do well not to refuse, dear miss. This place is far more accommodating than the academy after all. We have all manner of luxuries, and you simply must take a look at the garden. Given how well you know your way around that forest, I'm sure you would appreciate it. Oh, and perhaps you might be curious about this relic I recently acquired, for shall we say, a fair sum? No doubt you would like to have a look. Nostalgia can be such a lovely thing after all....

Speaking of lovely things, there is this port along the inline sea post. I had a sketch of a map sent to you alongside the letter, it should give you the right directions to it. You simply must see the sight from there, take in the breeze... Perhaps admire some of the local watercraft? Who knows, perhaps take a little trip for an afternoon or five, on the way to the manor.

I look forward to a more proper meeting.

Yours Truly,
A Not-Quite-Acquaintance

PS: Hopefully you are able to read this language. If not, you will find the same message in others that I seem to recall you were taught about. Oh and I had the messenger collect the equipment you looted from the huntsmen as well, in case you were worried where it vanished off to.

• Uquonta
    Lvl 4 Chimera

I lowered my eyes from the parchment. This had to be the sixth or so time I read it, and yet there was no real indication of where to go now. Even the map I had been given, which looked amazing to me since it was one of the first maps I'd ever seen in my life, turned out to be a crappy sketch, only detailed on how to get to a few specific places... And even then that required that I was in certain other places.

Of course, such a thing was incredibly suspicious. There I was, happily sleeping in the woods, when something falling on my face made me sneeze. I realized after I woke up that I had just propelled a letter from face into a tree, a letter which I had knocked into my own face from a nearby rock, whilst I slept. Problem was there was no one else there went I went to sleep... nor when I woke up.

The first thing I tried to do back then was talk to some of the nearby critters. I asked the birds, the squirrels, the rats... Those that even saw anything, couldn't see more than some kind of invisible figure dropping off a letter (and then making their escape with a bunch of stuff I had piled). Frankly, I was miffed. I looted that equipment fair and square didn't I? What gave him the right to come and take it from me? I had other concerns about it as well, like what he wanted from me. I certainly couldn't trust some random person with a random letter while I was in hiding. But that's when Pseuda and Theos slithered down onto my shoulders.

"Read thissss letter carrefully. Between the linesss. He knowsss, Uquonta. He knowss that you were therre. That you esscaped. Wherre you are." Pseuda's voice had rung in my head, seeming to creep into it through the corners of my mind. "Rrread it. It iss as though he is assking yout to choose. Accept hiss invitation or... go back to them."

Then another voice joined, a deep and sophisticated voice, Theo's.

"He mentioned a relic as well. An ancient one. It might be what we'rre looking for. If it isss, we cannot afford to let it passs us by."

They had a point. Soon after, I was on my way. I followed the map as well as I could, giving a hand to some passerbies in exchange for some assistance with that, until I found the mentioned port city. Getting past the guards, however, proved its own set of troubles, they took me to some weird room, and but then another guard came along and talked to the first ones. Not only was I set free, but said guard even took me to see this man who owned a boat that seemed about ready to fall apart. Not that I was paying much attention to it, my gaze completely fixated on the sight of the sea, right up until the moment I was informed I was supposed to get on the boat. I had shivered, I had tried to find an excuse not to to, but then they asked if I was going to be late for the party I'd been invited to, while clutching his weapon, and pressing a small knife against his own cheek. Pseuda and Theos told me I should get on the boat at that point, though even I could figure out something bad would have happened if I didn't do as they said.

The rest from there up until now was a matter that was hard to remember, no, it was a matter I didn't want to remember. I wasn't sure if I ever wanted to see the sea again. If everyone was like me then the sea probably mostly made up of the same thing that came up my stomach.

Another pressing issue now was where to go from here. I was told about some hill, but the boatman didn't come with me so he couldn't guide me to the place I was supposed to go to. Making sure to pull my hood well over my head, and keeping my hands hidden the inside the robes, I approached some people and asked them where Wesley lived. I was quickly pressed to refer to him as "Lord Wesley" though, but then I was given some directions. It only took a couple tries before I had a decent idea where I had to look for the mansion at.

"Besides, it's probably just a big house." I had told myself. And it was. But it wasn't just a big house.

Once the servant let me in (who apparently wasn't Wes- Lord Wesly) my jaw dropped, and my serpentine eyes darted all over the place. In fact, I couldn't help but stop several times to look around at things, almost poking them before being instructed not to touch anything. But how I could I help being curious about it? This place was covered in all those pretty shiny things! It's like the whole interior of the house was a giant ritual altar!

Then, lastly, I was let into another room, with two people already there. I stiffened a bit when I saw those two horns and that long face. A minotaur? Here? Was this some kind of trap? But that dwarf was also there and she seemed to be talking amicably with it...

"Which one of you is Wesley?"

__medusa_shingeki_no_bahamut_and_2_more_drawn_by_hisakata_souji__d3461569f0d2a595988c2cd22e4cf-jpg.960075

Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Hit Points: 40
    Hit Dice: 4d10
    Armor Class: 15
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 30 ft
    Passive Perception: 14
    Spellcasting Ability: Wis
    Spellsave DC: 13
    Spell Attack Bonus: +5
    Spell Points: 1/8

Spells
Cantrips: (7)
*Druidcraft (Strixhaven Initiate)
*Guidance (Strixhaven Initiate)
*Poison Spray (Innate Magic)

First Level:
*Find Familiar (Strixhaven Initiate) [Ritual] (1/1 Uses Left)
*Animal Friendship (Innate Magic) (At Will, Snakes Only)
*Command (Arcane Monstrous Alteration) (1/1 Uses Left)
*Speak With Animals (Eldritch Adept) [Ritual] (At Will)

Second Level:
*Suggestion (Innate Magic) (1/1 Uses Left)

Items
Equipped:
Sack x5 (5 CP)
Robes (1 GP)
Sling (1 SP)

Currency:
0 PP
46 GP
19 SP
28 CP

Carrying:
Blanket (5 SP)
Waterskin (2 SP)
Mess Kit (2 SP)
Torch x9 (9 CP)
Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
Rations x8 (4 GP)
Tinderbox (5 SP)
40 Sling Bullets (8 CP)
2 Ten Foot Poles (1 GP)
Shovel (2 GP)
Weaver's Tools (1 GP)
Woodcarver's Tools (1 GP)
Old Journal

Skills
Saving Throws
Strength: +5
Dexterity: +3
Constitution: +5
Intelligence: -1
Wisdom: +1
Charisma: -1

Skills
Acrobatics: +3
Animal Handling: +3
Arcana: -1
Athletics: +3
Deception: -1
History: -1
Insight: +1
Intimidation: -1
Investigation: +1
Medicine: +1
Nature: -1
Perception: +3
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
Religion: -1
Sleight of Hand: +1
Stealth: +1
Survival: +3

Other Features

Darkvision - You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Magic Resistance - You have advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.

Poison Immunity - You are immune to poison damage and the poisoned condition.

Spellburst - With a body modified to take in and contain magic, you are able to contain even traces of magic that come in contact with it, and to then release them as a weapon. Starting from 3rd level, whenever you take magical damage, or a 1st level or higher spell is cast within 30 feet of you you gain 1 spell point (if you take damage from a spell cast within 30 feet of you, you still only gain 1 point). As an action, you may spend any number of spell points to make a spell attack against against a target. On a success, you deal 1d6 damage of any 1 type you choose to the chosen target for every 2 spell points spent. Your spell points are set to 1 at the end of every long rest. You may have a maximum of 8 spell points from this feature at a time.

Interacting With: Sherwood Sherwood (Mor'du) Psychie Psychie (Delja)
Mentions: N/A
May Also Want To Read: N/A

when the letter arrived by Mari, their first thought was confusion. they were pulling another all-nighter, working hard on their manifesto (which is gonna be me plagiarizing karl), they blinked and... there was the note. after a moment though, they began to panic. no one should know where they were... they picked up the note, opening the envelope with their fingers. the revolution leader read through the note

"dear miss"
oh for fucks sake, this was already off to a bad start.
"How have you been as of late? it has been rather hard to reach you, as you have been moving from city to city. I'm glad i could catch you in one place"
shit. this piece was stalking them
"i have heard of your many escapades, and while i know you have no great love for partys-"
damn right they didn't... loud noises...overwhelming, without rhythm, reason or rhyme, idle chatter, foolish nobles in dresses, the jewels on even one of the nobles enough to by the freedom of ten people... and in order to make the individual finery, it probably took ten... many of these people would have even made their fortune in the sale of others.
"I hope you will attend, for there will be contacts there who could assist you in your little quest."
this bastered was so condescending... honestly, now they were tempted to go, just to yell at the man... the person, probably a guy, due to the sheer snobbery, the missgendering, and the cockyness. the author was, at least, a noble.
"i truly hope to see you there"
ohh... I'm looking forward to it too
"A Not-yet Aquaintence."
this person didn't even give a name too! all there was was an address and date. they flipped over the paper, spotting a postscript.
"p.s. Dont fear, it is a masquerade, so you will not be recognized"
perfect... simply /perfect/
the human stood from their desk, already being to script a new letter, to a true comrade.... they'd need to pack.

A few days later, the person arrived at the manner. keeping their head low, the human stepped into the room, guard up, hackles raised, thence. they scanned the room first, not intending to speak to any of the other inhabitants unless they were confronted, the human taking note of each member of their mixed company

Mor'du rises as more people come in, just in case one of them are the Lord that they are waiting for. Then, he is addressed by one of the new arrivals, asking which one of us is the Lord Wesley. He rumbles back, "Neither of us, unfortunately. I am Mor'du e'Barrit, and this woman is Delja Hammerhaft. I would hazard a guess that you have received letters of invitation to come here by some unseen hand. Be assured that both myself and Delja have also gotten these mysterious letters, and are now awaiting the Lord Wesley to come and join us. Perhaps we will be able to learn some of the who's, what's and why's of this sooner rather than later."

Delja nods in agreement. "Yep, just like Mor'du said. I'm Delja, or you can call me Del if that is better; I'll answer to either one."

• Uquonta
    Lvl 4 Chimera

So it wasn't them then. In a way I was relieved that the person who called me over wasn't a minotaur. gods, just to think of the alternative, what a terrifying thought! But then, there were many strange things I came across since I was freed. Come to think of it, I wasn't aware minotaurs had armor like that. It seemed a bit too... pristine and well-put-together for that kind of brute. Did he loot it from someone? I couldn't really fault him for that, but even with that kind of excuse the fact that it wasn't a jumbled mess of random pieces of unkept armor, full of dents and scratches from a battle lost, nor even a hint of dried blood, made me doubt that idea as well. It couldn't be that someone gave that armor to him, could it? The other person there was wearing robes with elaborate patterns of some sort, quite distinct from my own plain hooded one that I was using to cover myself in full (or as fully as possible, since I couldn't really cover my face short of trying to keep the gaze low. Either, none of us seemed to have anything in common at all. What was going on here? Perhaps as the minotaur said, we would only know once the host himself arrived. Hopefully, soon.

I gulped, and nodded to the two in front of me.

"I am called Uquonta. Nice to make your ac ac...uh... " How was it you said that word again? They said it all the time back the academy, didn't they? Ah, forget it! "Nice to meet you, Morduebarri, Deljammercraft:"

They had received letters as well, and no doubt that other person that came in after myself had also gotten one of their own. I eyed the human for a moment, but as they made no effort to address the rest of us, perhaps they were just a passerby or staff, so there was no reason to stir up any potential problems by getting myself involved in more than I needed to. The other servant from before I might address though. Seeing the swirling red drink the minotaur was holding, I felt the dryness at the tip of my lips, my tongue instinctively reaching to lick them a bit. Perhaps I should ask for one myself from the actual servant from earlier...

"I think I'll... Ah." Wait. I would have to take my hands off the robes if I did that. And my claws might not really strike their fancy. "Nevermind. Have you been waiting a long time? I don't like the idea of waiting here too long."

__medusa_shingeki_no_bahamut_and_2_more_drawn_by_hisakata_souji__d3461569f0d2a595988c2cd22e4cf-jpg.960075

Spells

First Level:

Second Level:

Items
Equipped:
Sack x5 (5 CP)
Robes (1 GP)
Sling (1 SP)

Currency:
0 PP
46 GP
19 SP
28 CP

Carrying:
Blanket (5 SP)
Waterskin (2 SP)
Mess Kit (2 SP)
Torch x9 (9 CP)
Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
Rations x8 (4 GP)
Tinderbox (5 SP)
40 Sling Bullets (8 CP)
2 Ten Foot Poles (1 GP)
Shovel (2 GP)
Weaver's Tools (1 GP)
Old Journal

Skills
Saving Throws

Skills

Other Features

Darkvision - You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Magic Resistance - You have advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.

Spellburst - With a body modified to take in and contain magic, you are able to contain even traces of magic that come in contact with it, and to then release them as a weapon. Starting from 3rd level, whenever you take magical damage, or a 1st level or higher spell is cast within 30 feet of you you gain 1 spell point (if you take damage from a spell cast within 30 feet of you, you still only gain 1 point). As an action, you may spend any number of spell points to make a spell attack against against a target. On a success, you deal 1d6 damage of any 1 type you choose to the chosen target for every 2 spell points spent. Your spell points are set to 1 at the end of every long rest. You may have a maximum of 8 spell points from this feature at a time.

Interacting With: Sherwood Sherwood (Mor'du) Psychie Psychie (Delja)
Mentions: N/A

marianne eyed the three others with suspicion, specifically the minotaur, not really in a racist way, more in a yeahhh this fella could take me in a fight sort of manner. after a moment, though, the human spoke up "my name, is-" they needed an alias... emma wouldn't work, too feminine- got it "Leon. and... i greet you all as well. have you also received letters summoning you here?" they questioned

cat out of the bag, they watched the others carefully for an answer. they had no desire for small talk and boorish bourgsuie idle chatter and saw no reason to lie about another thing. "Dejla, Mor'du, and Uquontia, if i may also ask, where do you herald from? i simply wish to know if i am in the presence of fellow citizens."

f11fb562747989d8b0a19b699708564f.jpg
Lilith Falciani

HP: 26
AC: 12

Passive Perception: 13

Spell Slots
1st: 4/4
2nd: 2/2

Familiar

HP:
AC: 15

It was a trap. All of Lilith's instincts were screaming it as she approached the manor. Logically she knew it wasn't one. If the sender wanted to harm her they could have done so when they delivered the letter. But everything about this situation was wrong, from the mystery surrounding it to the convenient offer of medicine. There were just too many questions. But in the end it didn't matter how suspicious it was, any chance of curing her sister's sickness was worth taking.

Stopping at the door Lilith took a deep breath. There was a spark of concern prodding at her conscious and she turned her head to look at the small red dragon sitting on her shoulder. "I'm okay." She assured it, giving it a scratch under the chin. Then, steeling her nerves, she reached up and knocked.

Once the servant who opened the door checked her invitation she was led through the foyer, typical of a rich man, to a waiting room where there was an odd collection of people waiting. A dwarf, a human, a cloaked figure, and a minotaur of all things. Well at least she wouldn't be the only freak here. They seemed to be busy talking amongst themselves so Lilith cleared her throat and waved her letter in the air. "I'm not late, am I?" She asked.

Mor'du shakes his head. "Apparently not, since we are still waiting for our host to make an appearance. I am Mor'du e'Barrit, and I greet you. I see that you have the same invitation to come here that we all have. I don't suppose you know anything about what this is all about?"

The little dwarf woman nods in agreement with the bull-man. "Yup, we are all clueless as to what is going on here other than what we were told in our letters. I'm Delja Hammerhaft, by the way. You can call me Delja, or just Del. Up to you. A pleasure to meet you all."

• Uquonta
    Lvl 4 Chimera

Well, thankfully at least one of these people gathered here had a shorter name, that creature called a human, Leon. It was a welcome beak from the small list of frustrations that were accumulating, from host's rude absence despite having invited us here, the thirst that annoyingly crawled into my lips at a time when I could get anything for myself after the trip I had to take to get here, to the fact that nobody bothered to answer my question. Sure, it was probably cause new people kept coming in an interrupting, but I think furrowing my eyes at it a little was understandable, no?

Well, it wouldn't sit right with me to the same thing to them. But wait... they said they received a letter too? What was this about? I thought they were another servant or something here. Hrnnng, I guess I did kind of assume that as well, since they didn't engage with us at first. But now they were doing it... They introduced themselves... And they were trying to prod us about... something...

"What's a si- cityssen?" I inquired. Ah, but maybe I shouldn't have! It's not like I could take it back now, but how was I supposed to explain where I came from? If I even should... It would be nice if this whole situation was less confusing, a bit more straightforward and obvious...

Yeah, yeah, like that. Like that lady that just walked in, waving her letter like a flag. This was nice, knowing right away she was another person who received such a letter. And another one of those 'humans' by the looks of it. With a dragon on her shoulder.

I resisted the urge to take off running. Who the hell let a dragon in here? But nobody else seemed to be reacting, was this normal nowadays? Carrying around little spawn of the same hellish beasts that were known for burning whole villages down and sleeping on the corpses and spoils?! Well, my eyes were likely wide open so at least I made the effort to close my mouth to try to make my shock less noticeable.

"I am Uquonta. I have received one of the letters as well. Woke up with it on a rock right next to me. Nice to meet you." I greeted, trying to follow the other's lead. Nonetheless, I ended up averting my eyes a bit after that. Even if I was doing my best to stay calm on the exterior my heart was pumping, and my mind was racing and shouting at my whole inner village to get out of there at once, though it also knew I couldn't. "Is that... is that a dragon on your shoulder?"

Spells

First Level:

Second Level:

Items
Equipped:
Sack x5 (5 CP)
Robes (1 GP)
Sling (1 SP)

Currency:
0 PP
46 GP
19 SP
28 CP

Carrying:
Blanket (5 SP)
Waterskin (2 SP)
Mess Kit (2 SP)
Torch x9 (9 CP)
Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
Rations x8 (4 GP)
Tinderbox (5 SP)
40 Sling Bullets (8 CP)
2 Ten Foot Poles (1 GP)
Shovel (2 GP)
Weaver's Tools (1 GP)
Old Journal

Skills
Saving Throws

Skills

Other Features

Interacting With: PatriasLover PatriasLover ("Leon") Ian Temero Ian Temero (Lilith)
Mentions: Sherwood Sherwood (Mor'du) Psychie Psychie (Delja)

"Leon" blinked, seeming slightly fazed "Citizen... that is, what is your nationality." they took a step closer to her, glancing down at Uquontia, arching a brow. "i myself am an Akareissian." Leon stated firmly, glancing around the room as though daring any of the others to call them out. "and, for your sakes, i hope none of you are from the City of Greif."

they pulled their note out of their own satchel with a slight sigh, running their fingers over the leather strap in a back-and-forth pattern, a fidget that they often did. Leon glanced over at the newcomer, holding up a hand in greeting "Leon. good to meet you" they stated, their face never slipping from an even look

Delja shakes her head at Leon's question. "No, I'm from the dwarven kingdom in the nearby mountains. Just in case you didn't notice, I'm a dwarf." She grins, poking a bit of fun. "I wonder when our host will make his appearance to tell us why he's asked us all here. And maybe answer the question of just how and why he got our letters of invite to all of us so mysteriously." She takes another swig of her flask before putting the drink away; no need getting too buzzed before an important meeting.

Lilith Falciani

HP: 26
AC: 12

Spell Slots
1st: 4/4
2nd: 2/2

Familiar

HP:
AC: 15

Everyone introduced themselves and she nodded her head in greeting. Mor'du, Delja, Uquonta, and Leon. "Lilith. And no." She said in answer to the minotaur's question. "Figured it was for a job, but you all don't look like hunters."

The cloaked girl showed some interest in the dragon on her shoulder and Lilith couldn't help but chuckle at her nervousness. "Technically he's a psudodragon. Close relative. Say hi, Ixen." The little dragon bowed it's head and gave a little purr, a foreign thought popping into everyone's heads. There were no words, simply an idea, the concept of a greeting.

Last edited:
  • Uquonta
    Lvl 4 Chimera

"Uh-huh..." Was all I could answer to Leon's explanation, taking a step back or two matching his attempts to get closer to me. Ack. Another new, weird word, no, two of them! Nationality? City of Grief? I guess the latter was more a phrase than a word. Either way, it was most definitely not a question I could truly answer when I had no idea what either of those were. Shot in the dark though, it was probably where we came from, seeing the Dwarf's response and I was probably not from there! I gave him a nod and forced a smile. "No worries. I am not from there I think."

Then there was the dragon in the room. At least I'd heard of the word pseudodragon before. though it was only a few brief times when some researchers at the academy where passing by. I had never seen one myself, and I wasn't sure how they were different from a regular old dragon, though perhaps they were small and tameable? It was definitely kind of cute now that I thought about it, with that little bow it did and whatnot. It didn't quite get a giggle out of me, but it did manage to calm down my nerves just slightly. Until that impression fluttered into my head that is, disturbing the two who were hiding in my hair. I reflexively went to try to pull down my hood, but I stopped myself before the cat was out of the bag- or my hands were out of the cloak, to be more precise. I internally begged the two of them to try to stay still and quiet.

"Aren't they dangerous though?" I pressed the questioning. "I heard dragons can burn whole forests down. I know you said that is just a pseudodragon, but..."

I glanced around. There was a minotaur, a girl with a dragon, a person who spoke in gibberish and me. In our group, the dwarf was probably the only one nobody would run away from.

"Ah, nevermind. Maybe I'll go ask if the servant has snacks. It was a long trip."

Hit Points: 40 / 40
    Hit Dice: 4d10 / 4d10

Spells

First Level:

Second Level:

Items
Equipped:
Sack x5 (5 CP)
Robes (1 GP)
Sling (1 SP)

Currency:
0 PP
46 GP
19 SP
28 CP

Carrying:
Blanket (5 SP)
Waterskin (2 SP)
Mess Kit (2 SP)
Torch x9 (9 CP)
Rope-Hemp (1 GP)
Rations x8 (4 GP)
Tinderbox (5 SP)
40 Sling Bullets (8 CP)
2 Ten Foot Poles (1 GP)
Shovel (2 GP)
Weaver's Tools (1 GP)
Old Journal

Skills
Saving Throws

Skills

Other Features

Interacting With: PatriasLover PatriasLover ("Leon") Ian Temero Ian Temero (Lilith)
Mentions: Sherwood Sherwood (Mor'du) Psychie Psychie (Delja)

The faint chime of a bell could be heard ringing, coming closer and closer as a pair of barely noticeable doors near the back of the hall suddenly thrust open.

Instead of the caricature of a dour nobleman appearing forth however, there came instead the dainty and small form of a white haired young man, clothed in pale violet robes. His eyes were pale and empty, showing clear signs of blindness.

“Greetings, my companions,” he spoke, his voice barely distinguishable from the continuous chime of the bells that hung from his ears, “Shall we begin?”

PatriasLover PatriasLover
Psychie Psychie
Idea Idea
Sherwood Sherwood
Junn Junn

Ian Temero Ian Temero

Last edited:
Mor'du stands as the newcomer enters, then raises an eyebrow at the unusual appearance of what is most likely their host. Out of a force of habit, he offers up a bow, saying, "Greetings, sir. I am Mor'du e'Barrit, and if I were forced to guess, I would say that you are most likely our host. How can we be of service to you?"

Mor'du stands as the newcomer enters, then raises an eyebrow at the unusual appearance of what is most likely their host. Out of a force of habit, he offers up a bow, saying, "Greetings, sir. I am Mor'du e'Barrit, and if I were forced to guess, I would say that you are most likely our host. How can we be of service to you?"

The young man gave a half-smile, "I am indeed your host, known to the world as Lord Wesley."

The man sat down on the floor, his shoes scraping slightly against the polished floor. His empty eyes gazed upon the party, his expression unchanging.

"You have been assembled here today thanks to the due diligence of my close confident, who held within him sufficient knowledge that could tempt you to these premises without revealing my motives too hastily. Whatever my friend promised you, I assure you that those petty matters can be arranged soon enough, should matters not unravel too soon."

Wesley paused for a moment, as if to clear his throat - or mind - of any discomforts before beginning once again, with a faint cough escaping from his lips beforehand.

"I am within possession of the details of a prophecy that concern the end of this world as we know it. The prophecy, for what it is worth, exposed you lot as......" he paused once again before continuing, "critical players, in what is to come."

Marianne arched a brow, suspicion mixing with a hint of shock. they took a step forward, hands dropping to their sides "a... prophesy. why should we believe you. moreover, how dare you violate the privacy of the five of us? sending letters, targeting our location via some magical means. why should we trust you." they begrudgingly bit back the attack the longed to use against his nobility. after all, how dare a noble treat the group as though they were nothing more than pawns for him to use "how do we know you aren't using us to simply gain power!" they added, voice filled with hardly restrained anger, hands clenching into fists.

Last edited:
Marianne arched a brow, suspicion mixing with a hint of shock. they took a step forward, hands dropping to their sides "a... prophesy. why should we believe you. moreover, how /dare/ you violate the privacy of the five of us? sending letters, targeting our location via some magical means. why should we trust /you/." they begrudgingly bit back the attack the longed to use against his nobility. after all, how dare a noble treat the group as though they were nothing more than pawns for him to use "how do we know you aren't using us to simply gain power!" they added, voice filled with hardly restrained anger, hands clenching into fists.

Wesley frowned slightly at the remark before responding, "I have no interest in obtaining more power than what I have right now. I am wealthy, and my estate is populated with enough servants to keep me comfortable for the rest of my life, even in the deteriorating state I find myself in. Forgive me for any offense, but I simply have no need of you, in an objective sense, without the Prophecy guiding me."

The young man (or boy, really) stood up.

"I'm afraid to say that there is little I can say to persuade you of my genuinity beyond these words. I absolutely refuse to share the details of the Prophecy with any who are not committing to pursuing it. I have brought you all here so that I can share my concerns - no, belief, that you represent the only hope that this world has of avoiding complete and utter calamity. Accept it or refuse it, that is the truth."

He turned his gaze upwards, staring out into the world beyond the ornate windows of the estate.

"I am not long for this world. I'm afraid my expiration will arrive before I am able to view the fruits of any labor I pursue in regards to the Prophecy. I would at least like to prepare the world as best I can for the storm up ahead."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back