Idea Gods Realm

InsistentPatchwork

Gods Realm is what the New World is called. God having abandoned "Earth" due to it's chaos and destruction caused by the beings of the Planet created this World bigger and better then the last. He made it easier for the plant to be sustainable, to have a direct link to Him and for a better life. This World was created and filled with creatures of all shapes and sizes, such as the Standard Humans, Angels, Demons, Elven Kind, Dwarven Kind and People of the Fae.

This story takes place in Vigrid. Vigrid is a lush, beautiful city full of life and joy and beautiful architecture. Vigrid is one of the many cities that hold "The Council". This Council is a governing faction of the City and its surrounding smaller cities. The Council are the ones who help decide in which direction their District needs to change and maybe improve. They do this from within their Council Chamber in which they communicate to God through a representation of Him.

But Lately God has been frequenting the meetings less and less. The Council does not know why and are afraid of the riot it may cause if the general populace find out, but rumours are beginning to spread that God is slowly abandoning them like he had his last Realm. So is God truly abandoning them? or is there something more sinister at hand?

This will be a slice of life style fantasy Roleplay. I want some action, some romance and plenty of drama in it! Events will happen periodically through out such as festivals, balls etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey all thanks for reading! Just want some constructive criticism on my idea for this Roleplay I've been slowly working on. Please let me know what you think and if I should add anything to it and what not!
I look forward to hearing from you all!

I think it’s a great idea, but a slice of life might not be the way to do it. The premise of a plot you have makes the whole idea sound like a quest kind of thing.

If that makes any kind of idea.

Maybe the characters go on a quest to where the God lives to finally confront him. Just my idea in it.

I think it’s a great idea, but a slice of life might not be the way to do it. The premise of a plot you have makes the whole idea sound like a quest kind of thing.

If that makes any kind of idea.

Maybe the characters go on a quest to where the God lives to finally confront him. Just my idea in it.

Ah yeah I get ya. So make it a quest kinda roleplay instead. hadnt thought about doing that tbh

Love it! This actually inspired me a seed of an idea, and kind of aligns with ideas I've been working on as well (because I just love fantasy worlds with gods either disappearing or having no patience for humanity). So I'm guessing this is a group rp.
Would the players be council members?
Only council members?
Is the entire Council human?
Do these council members handle all spiritual affairs, or is there a priesthood above them?
Are they a sort of priesthood, just with all sovereignty over the city and not answering to a King? Is there a sovereign aside from the Council?
Are there rebel factions? Insurgents?
If this Council is one of many Councils, what's contact like with the other Councils?
Are there any signs that God is abandoning them? In my fantasy worlds, usually when you have a ton of natural disasters, things like climate change, or random sweeping illnesses, it means the gods are not amused by humanity's antics. So is this a situation where God stops showing up, crops start dying, ocean levels start rising, and everyone turns to the Council like: 'Tf, guys?' Because that's where I would take this. Although, since all my fantasy worlds are magical, this would inevitably turn into the Council reacting by trying to replace God through magical means, maybe a couple of pacts with minor gods, until they figure out how to get him back. Maybe have half the group in the city doing damage control and pretending everything's fine, and the other half trying to find him and find a solution asap.

But all that depends on whether you want something quest-style or something slice-of-life. You could arguably do both, but I agree with Lord Aphrodite Lord Aphrodite , this would be a great quest-style roleplay. If you have the time and patience to flesh it out and plot it, and pace it, and GM it, this could really be something fun.

Love it! This actually inspired me a seed of an idea, and kind of aligns with ideas I've been working on as well (because I just love fantasy worlds with gods either disappearing or having no patience for humanity). So I'm guessing this is a group rp.
Would the players be council members?
Only council members?
Is the entire Council human?
Do these council members handle all spiritual affairs, or is there a priesthood above them?
Are they a sort of priesthood, just with all sovereignty over the city and not answering to a King? Is there a sovereign aside from the Council?
Are there rebel factions? Insurgents?
If this Council is one of many Councils, what's contact like with the other Councils?
Are there any signs that God is abandoning them? In my fantasy worlds, usually when you have a ton of natural disasters, things like climate change, or random sweeping illnesses, it means the gods are not amused by humanity's antics. So is this a situation where God stops showing up, crops start dying, ocean levels start rising, and everyone turns to the Council like: 'Tf, guys?' Because that's where I would take this. Although, since all my fantasy worlds are magical, this would inevitably turn into the Council reacting by trying to replace God through magical means, maybe a couple of pacts with minor gods, until they figure out how to get him back. Maybe have half the group in the city doing damage control and pretending everything's fine, and the other half trying to find him and find a solution asap.

But all that depends on whether you want something quest-style or something slice-of-life. You could arguably do both, but I agree with Lord Aphrodite Lord Aphrodite , this would be a great quest-style roleplay. If you have the time and patience to flesh it out and plot it, and pace it, and GM it, this could really be something fun.
All of these are great questions that should be answered, just for the deep lore and other factual basis.

Other questions are, is there speciesism? As in are humans high and mighty above all others, or dwarves or another species?
Or does that not exist yet in their world, because the world is still “pure” in some aspects?

Have thousands of years passed and this is happening, or have hundreds, and we’re still in the metaphorical Stone Ages?

InsistentPatchwork InsistentPatchwork

Sibelle Grey Sibelle Grey
Lord Aphrodite Lord Aphrodite

Wow! thank you both so much! You guys have given me so much extra to think about and tweak for the Roleplay!
I've got my homework so I better start!

and if it is okay with the both of you, once I redo it I will probably repost it and may I tag you both to get your help again?

Gods Realm is what the New World is called. God having abandoned "Earth" due to it's chaos and destruction caused by the beings of the Planet created this World bigger and better then the last. He made it easier for the plant to be sustainable, to have a direct link to Him and for a better life. This World was created and filled with creatures of all shapes and sizes, such as the Standard Humans, Angels, Demons, Elven Kind, Dwarven Kind and People of the Fae.

This story takes place in Vigrid. Vigrid is a lush, beautiful city full of life and joy and beautiful architecture. Vigrid is one of the many cities that hold "The Council". This Council is a governing faction of the City and its surrounding smaller cities. The Council are the ones who help decide in which direction their District needs to change and maybe improve. They do this from within their Council Chamber in which they communicate to God through a representation of Him.

But Lately God has been frequenting the meetings less and less. The Council does not know why and are afraid of the riot it may cause if the general populace find out, but rumours are beginning to spread that God is slowly abandoning them like he had his last Realm. So is God truly abandoning them? or is there something more sinister at hand?

LORE:-

God/The Creator

God. The Creator. The Omnipotent One. Many names he goes by. All is his creation. He created Gods Realm as a new start from the destruction and chaos of Earth. He created this world with all races and species to be equal and all land to flourish. The Council speaks to Him as representatives of the Populace through a communication channel that is different in all districts. Some are simple statues, clumps of gemstones that have formed or even the very rare underground cavern that harbours the gem trees. Through these links His voice shall resonate in the meetings of the council. Here He shall hear their request for assistance and help them if deemed worthy. But the last couple years His attendance to these meetings have been dwindling without a reason to explain his absence.

The Council:-

The Council, made up of 8 members varying in species, size, shape and abilities. This group of people act as the Governing faction for the district and hold the responsibility of relaying the request of the town to God for his deliberation. The council is chosen by God himself, he chooses who He sees fit despite their crimes or good deeds all are equal to him and worthy of being on The Council.

The Council keeps in contact with the other council through a variety of messengers. These messengers run, fly or travel by horse to get messages throughout the land often being on a message run from a couple days to a couple weeks at a time. Messengers are sent off in pairs and the same message is often sent by two different parties just to be sure the message is received on the other end by the other Council.

Hierarchy of the City:-

The Council
The Church
The Civilians

This order does not represent who is better then who. It is Governed this way as so The Council does not get an influx of Civilians bombarding them with request during their meetings or constantly within their day to day lives. The Civilians give their request to the Churches Priest/Priestesses or nuns who then in turn hand them over to the Council who debate over the lot for which to be brought up in the next Meeting with God.

Signs of gods abandonment:-

God has slowly been abandoning the world. Not showing up to meetings and not helping out. Rains come less and less for crops in results the crops are dying. The wild animals seem to be getting increasingly aggressive towards civilians which is not the usual behaviour of them. Because of this The Council has taken it upon themselves to try and fix things. Using magic in place of Gods help to try and survive. Using Elemental Wielders to grow crops and make it rain, energy wielders to keep the town safe from outside animal attacks and many more. This though has caused a stir in the community with Rebels causing havoc.

The Rebel Faction:-

The Rebel Faction. Simply called as such because The Council wishes to not name them as to not give them anymore power in which they think they have. They have sprung up within the last year so are fairly new. They have come about as a result of The Council taking it upon themselves to try and better the community with magic rather then the hand of God. Rather then asking for rain they would use a Water Wielder to make it rain down on the crops, rather then asking for a bountiful crop harvest they use an Elemental Wielder to grow the crops big and bountiful and so on. The Rebel Faction not knowing the full reason behind the councils actions decide to take it in their own hands to try and stop this. They burn crops, deface the councils chambers and terrorise civilians who believe The Council is doing right.

Rules:-

Quick set of Rules:
1: NO BULLYING OOC
2: NO OP
3: Romance allowed
4: Drama Allowedb
5: 2+ sentences is all I ask per post
6: No use of * * or - - Third person only

Bio Template:-
Name:
Species:
Powers:
Weapon/s:
Personality:
Background info:

Sibelle Grey Sibelle Grey
Lord Aphrodite Lord Aphrodite

First off sorry for all the scroll boxes. It is the only code I could get to work and I couldnt figure out how to make a table with tabs so sorry! if yall can help there id be grateful XD

Went back and clarified on the questions you guys asked for the lore and what not so please give it a read and let me know!

any one who is lurking Id also like your opinion!!!

Last edited:
I definitely see some promise in this idea my man. You've begun to flesh it out quite a bit now, I just have a few questions. So God is real and tangible in this world. Is it the only almighty being? Are there multiple gods worshipped in secret that could perhaps be the reason for God's loss of faith or loss of particpation? It's commonly thought in societies thats beings or gods gain power directly from the amount of worship or fear they have. Perhaps the population had lost faith in God, which caused it to no longer have any power over that particular world or lost interest in helping the population as they have no worship.

Perhaps that could be a larger overarching dynamic as to why God abandoned the previous Realm. Just spitballing some ideas for ya. ^_^

This has the makings of a great story, something I’d love to read. I unfortunately can’t participate due to my schedule, but if you’d allow it, I’d love to read (lurk) the roleplay.

Lord Aphrodite Lord Aphrodite ah yes specieism. I'm thinking of it being non existent or maybe just starting to be a thing because of the rebel faction.

Lurk as much as you like. But if you are able to participate please do. Once I've got it polished off I'll post the official Roleplay and tag you for good measure so you can read along :D

Lord Aphrodite Lord Aphrodite ah yes specieism. I'm thinking of it being non existent or maybe just starting to be a thing because of the rebel faction.

Lurk as much as you like. But if you are able to participate please do. Once I've got it polished off I'll post the official Roleplay and tag you for good measure so you can read along :D
Sounds good! When I get free time, I’ll definitely try to participate. When that is.... I don’t know.

LORE:-

God/The Creator

God. The Creator. The Omnipotent One. Many names he goes by. All is his creation. He created Gods Realm as a new start from the destruction and chaos of Earth. He created this world with all races and species to be equal and all land to flourish. The Council speaks to Him as representatives of the Populace through a communication channel that is different in all districts. Some are simple statues, clumps of gemstones that have formed or even the very rare underground cavern that harbours the gem trees. Through these links His voice shall resonate in the meetings of the council. Here He shall hear their request for assistance and help them if deemed worthy. But the last couple years His attendance to these meetings have been dwindling without a reason to explain his absence.

God however is losing power slowly causing him to weaken meaning he cannot intervene as much as he wants to. The reason behind his weakened state is due to the slow lose of followers. Slowly but surely some of the Populace have stopped following him and have started worshipping false Gods created by people who want to obtain power and wealth from the innocent.

The looming question that reremains. Why did God abandon the old world? Is this something he will ever reveal or will it be kept secret to hide his secret?

The Council:-

The Council, made up of 8 members varying in species, size, shape and abilities. This group of people act as the Governing faction for the district and hold the responsibility of relaying the request of the town to God for his deliberation. The council is chosen by God himself, he chooses who He sees fit despite their crimes or good deeds all are equal to him and worthy of being on The Council.

The Council keeps in contact with the other council through a variety of messengers. These messengers run, fly or travel by horse to get messages throughout the land often being on a message run from a couple days to a couple weeks at a time. Messengers are sent off in pairs and the same message is often sent by two different parties just to be sure the message is received on the other end by the other Council.

Hierarchy of the City:-

The Council
The Church
The Civilians

This order does not represent who is better then who. It is Governed this way as so The Council does not get an influx of Civilians bombarding them with request during their meetings or constantly within their day to day lives. The Civilians give their request to the Churches Priest/Priestesses or nuns who then in turn hand them over to the Council who debate over the lot for which to be brought up in the next Meeting with God.

Signs of gods abandonment:-

God has slowly been abandoning the world. Not showing up to meetings and not helping out. Rains come less and less for crops in results the crops are dying. The wild animals seem to be getting increasingly aggressive towards civilians which is not the usual behaviour of them. Because of this The Council has taken it upon themselves to try and fix things. Using magic in place of Gods help to try and survive. Using Elemental Wielders to grow crops and make it rain, energy wielders to keep the town safe from outside animal attacks and many more. This though has caused a stir in the community with Rebels causing havoc.

The Rebel Faction:-

The Rebel Faction. Simply called as such because The Council wishes to not name them as to not give them anymore power in which they think they have. They have sprung up within the last year so are fairly new. They have come about as a result of The Council taking it upon themselves to try and better the community with magic rather then the hand of God. Rather then asking for rain they would use a Water Wielder to make it rain down on the crops, rather then asking for a bountiful crop harvest they use an Elemental Wielder to grow the crops big and bountiful and so on. The Rebel Faction not knowing the full reason behind the councils actions decide to take it in their own hands to try and stop this. They burn crops, deface the councils chambers and terrorise civilians who believe The Council is doing right.

Those Who worship false gods:-

Those Who worship false gods is given to the secret societies who believe the one God who rules over is not the only God or is a fake god. These groups have no facade and are kept extremely well hidden throughout cities. Simply given notice by a small symbol or hidden message on a wall, barrel of ale or even an animal.

Deep within the tops of these societies are evil money hungry people who have created these false gods and churches to swindle money out of the innocent and make themselves richer then the rest. Due to these groups there has been a beginning in speciesim. Speciesism is causing a stir and uncomfortability between many of the many species within the Populace. Never before seen or having to be handled before The Council are at a loss on what to do and God does not intervene in this matter let alone address it whence it is brought. Knowing the reason behind it he feels he mustn't intervene for fear of the following growing bigger and Him weakinging even further.

Rules:-

Quick set of Rules:
1: NO BULLYING OOC
2: NO OP
3: Romance allowed
4: Drama Allowed
5: 2+ sentences is all I ask per post
6: No use of * * or - - Third person only

Bio Template:-
Name:
Species:
Powers:
Weapon/s:
Personality:
Background info:

Tyrael Tyrael answered your questions about gods abandonment, added more information into it and about the false god worshippers

All opinions are welcome! Please don't just lurk. Please comment and let me know how it is

A MASSIVE THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! GODS REALM IS NOW UP AND RUNNING BECAUSE ALL OF YOU! I LOVED ALL YOUR INPUT AND YOU HELPED ME POLISH WHAT IT IS TODAY THANK YOU!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back