• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Gods Own Soil

Moldie

Modpurger Edgelord
GODS OWN SOIL

1551974063542.png
“With the young prince gone, our lands are further weakened… Our enemies are preparing an advance so tauntingly obvious, the Pricians… The demae… And now there is a talk of a new threat northwards? I fear that luck won’t stand by our side this time, and these lands, gods own soil, might be lost forever. I call upon you, anyone… Hunters of the demae, scholars, warriors… Whatever your skills, come to our aid and songs will be sung of your heroism for a millenia to come… I know my duty as king and lord, and I humbly call upon you, No... I beg, to reclaim our former glory..:”

A plea to allies overseas, King Angus II

A kings desperate words ring across the world, a call for aid. The Pricians have been a looming threat for some time, but a dormant one. However, new challenges have arisen. The young prince, after not finding the recognition he deemed himself to deserve, has inherited the power of Kez’Rog by tracking down the sealed well containing his body, and drinking of his foul rot. With him, the kings first advisor vanished. Upon return, disgusted by his actions he has been banished from Wellund. With no other place to go, he has turned towards his own kind. Hailed as the first divinity of a new pantheon, he began amassing armies in the lands of the demae.
Meanwhile, foolish adventurers has stumbled upon a cave burrowed within the icy plains of the north. Carelessly they awakened the god queen Sefanía, who alongside her empire were swallowed by permafrost a millennia ago. This is to most still unknown, but a situation growing in magnitude that soon no one will be able to ignore.

In this RP, you can play as practically anyone, a Warrior coming to fight on the fronts in exchange for gold, A scholar wanting to study the situation or maybe a Demae hunter fuelled by hatred and spite. This will be a collaborative world building project, meaning players will be able to introduce new things and things will be kept somewhat loose for this purpose. There will be different races, creatures, powers, war, politics and everything else you would expect of a fanatsy world. What we do might range from tracking down a killer on the loose, to teppeling demonic dynasties together with armies of collosal magnitude. I want a manageable group that can at least dedicate time to post 7-5 days a week and all OOC discussion will be kept to a discord server.

Last edited:
So, few questions: what kinda worldstyle are we going for? Generic medieval fantasy, bit more advanced and entering a rennaisance like period, more like a dark ages/antiquity? What's the general level of fantasy we should be aiming for regarding use of magic and how, well, exagerated things are? Would guns be a thing?

So, few questions: what kinda worldstyle are we going for? Generic medieval fantasy, bit more advanced and entering a rennaisance like period, more like a dark ages/antiquity? What's the general level of fantasy we should be aiming for regarding use of magic and how, well, exagerated things are? Would guns be a thing?

Great questions! The world would be more renaissance like, with primal firearms being present. Magic is a tricky subject to tackle, as I don't necessarily want it to be the generic "caster wizards" and "elemental" stuff, but for it to manifest within the world in other ways and perhaps being quite rare. Other fantasy elements will be things like exaggerated landscape, a plethora of races and a lot of ancient powerful stuff. I'll also add that this will be quite gritty and realistic in tone. I hope that at least somewhat answers your questions? We’re working stuff out in the discord at the moment.

I see, sounds good in general but it feels like there'd be kind of a clash between wanting this actual fantasy setting with magical races and ancient secrets and magics more complicated than "wave hand to beam" but, also wanting to be "gritty and realistic in tone"? Unless you just mean, a fantasy story that isn't noblebright, really it's the "realism" bit that sticks out to me a little here.

I see, sounds good in general but it feels like there'd be kind of a clash between wanting this actual fantasy setting with magical races and ancient secrets and magics more complicated than "wave hand to beam" but, also wanting to be "gritty and realistic in tone"? Unless you just mean, a fantasy story that isn't noblebright, really it's the "realism" bit that sticks out to me a little here.

Nevermind if you read what I first wrote, you said it well yourself. I just mean it might not be particularly noblebright, as you put it. I meant that the RP in tone will be gritty and somewhat brutal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back