• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Gods of Lost Faith

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Tags: TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity calypso calypso
Mood: Loopy
Lorenzo Arusura Noscata
The brown and white hair danced before him, bending to the whims of the brush before him as the person the hair belonged to winced as a tangle was pulled. It was then that Lorenzo heard the door open, turning his head from the waves of hair and toward-

THUMP

Heavy breathing, dull pain to the side, that hurt-

CRACK!

"AUGH!"

Lorenzo winced and grabbed his side as something felt cracked, maybe even broken...it was probably a rib of some sort, though it was hard to tell because of what was likely a concussion due to the tree branch he'd been beat over the head with, top all of that off with the fact that Lorenzo had been in direct sunlight for the most of the day and the vampire felt half present. Lorenzo sat up slowly, realizing his pistol wasn't by his side and shaking his head as he barely made out the things Hatch was saying. The goblin blinked a few times as he made out the situation slowly, he was captured by the goblins and stuck in a cell with an asshole and a dead horse while the loud fighter guy from before was yelling at him about finding a way out so he could take out the place alone.

The lights hurt his eyes, he felt dizzy, his vision was blurry, it was weird to breathe, and Lorenzo had been captured by GOBLINS of all things, the last thing he needed to do was be talked down to.

"Firstly, I'm not a goblin, I'm a vampire and I don't know their lesser language. Secondly, if you keep talking down to me like that I swear I will blOW OUT YOUR BRAINS AND DRINK YOUR BLOO-"

Lorenzo collapsed and put his head in his hands, even his own voice was loud enough to make the pulsing feeling in his head worse. Looking warily around, Lorenzo took a full assessment of the situation, moving his hands around more revealed them to be bound, but there was a horse right over there...he had no weapons, but he could make them think he was gone if...that was it! His mind worked slower than usual, taking about five minutes to piece together the puzzle before he had an idea, eyeing the broken rope Hatch had snapped. The vampire licked his sharp fangs as he looked at the horse, hating the idea of what he would have to do but knowing full well if he didn't he'd likely die, and he REFUSED to have his story be that he died while going up against LOWLY GOBLINS!

"B-breakout, w-we just gotta..." Lorenzo took a deep breath and attempted to breathe, "We have to make them think one of us escaped, they might open the cage to check, or at the very least take attention away from the cage for long enough for us to-" Lorenzo's head went limp for a moment as the Goblin passed out for a few seconds...ten seconds passed before Lorenzo picked his head up again and took a deep breath before falling on his stomach, his hat landing three feet away from him. He then began using his legs to crawl towards the underbelly of the horse, "The horse is just big enough to fit me, gotta hide inside it...disguisting but it gives us time...good time, break out time, tie up cut with rope so they don't notice...itz the bezt plan I haves..." Opening his jaw open wide, the vampire put a fang against the top of the underbelly and put it in deep enough to begin using it as a makeshift saw, "Hide me, th-they gets sloppy and open door...leave..."

Last edited:
Screen_Shot_2018-09-28_at_8.46.16_PM.png
Morrigan

There have been many things Morrigan wasn’t prepared for in life. Like being randomly placed in this world without her memories, meeting a bunch of strangers, watching said strangers die horribly while you’re tied up as a snack for later…Anyway, many things she wasn’t prepared for. Out of all those things, however, Morrigan was the least prepared for the sequence of events that just played out next to her.

When the cell-door opened twice on this lovely evening, Morrigan just assumed they were dropping supplies down next to her. Of course, she didn’t expect the supplies to be men, much less loud, annoying, foul-mouthed men. To be fair, however, most men were naturally like that.

Despite hearing the audible snap of their restraints, Morrigan still didn’t move her head away from the pile of hay it so comfortably rested under. These men sounded psychotic! She had never heard so many curse words and self compliments fly from the mouth of a single person with such fluidity. The other man, on the other hand, sounded anything but confident in himself. He already threatened to drink the blood from his companion, so he probably wasn’t sane…Wait-- Did he just say he was going to cut her open? And go inside her? Oh, absolutely not. Abso-fucking-lutely not! She was not becoming a...What do you even call that? A sock? A puppet? The more she thought about it, the more the idea disgusted her.

“H-Hey--” Her voice rose up weakly, before the little shit bit her! Right on her belly! A screamed sounded from the woman as she rapidly rolled over onto her back, the restraints snapping on around her legs from her sudden adrenaline rush. If Lorenzo didn’t let go because of that, then the front hoof delivered to his face directly after should. Sure, it was hardly hard enough to break his nose due to her lack of energy, but it was still a hoof to his lovely little green features.

Morrigan stared with large green eyes at the two men, pieces of hay sticking out of her glossy black hair. She was rather pretty, but she was definitely a bit gaunt at the moment.

“Are you insane?! You didn’t even ask!”

TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity
Loony_Bin Loony_Bin

Leon [NPC]
The heroes appeared to come up with their own general consensus without his intervention. The recent taste of defeat still stained their hearts, so the grump understood their enthusiasm to get revenge on the opposing side. From what he was able to tell, the kind hero from before, Rhydian, was the most devoted, proposing their plans of action and an analysis of the enemy. While he was a man that lacked foresight and still, ultimately, a child in Leon's eyes, he made up for it in bravado and a foolhardy disposition that wavering souls united under. He was a born leader, but even then, was that enough to stop Radomir?

He shook his head, allowing his baggage to finally rest on the shoulders of those more capable than him. Leon had to trust in the heroes that he summoned and believe that they were going to hold true to their word. It was when Irenic began to head out the door that the geezer moved. He went against his better judgment and, just before the orc was able to leave, he gently held her arm, demanding for her attention one last time. "I apologize for the abrupt end of our talk from earlier. If it doesn't bother you, I have one last bit of information to give you before you head out with the rest of your peers."

Without waiting for an answer, Leon headed back to the fireplace in the main room, reaching up on his toes until he grabbed a hold of some sort of item, bringing it down to his level and returning to the shadowy figure with it in tote. "What I hold here is a knife that once belonged to my late wife. It was her favorite memento and the last heirloom that runs in our family. She used to carry it everywhere, and so when she brandished it on the goblin heroes after they had assaulted our home . . . she was the first of many to lose her life. I have a small request to make of you. Do take care to hear me out. As to what your response is, I leave it up to your discretion."

Cradling the weapon in his hands, Leon's gaze softened, memories of his partner infused in the glittering tool. "My wife's head reigns high above the goblin fortress ontop a pike. They put her there not only to shame us but install fear in any that rose against their power. My wife was unable to find rest, and Elizabeth, our granddaughter, has taken it upon herself to try and replace the void that came with her passing. I only ask this of you because I fear what my little Li might do to fulfill my wish. Please, if you have a heart, I beg of you to give my wife a proper funeral and to place this knife at her grave. If you can do that for me, I'll be sure to reward you in any way that I can."

Foxu Foxu
Elizabeth [NPC]
For a man that stressed the importance of action, Rhydian sure did take his sweet time when it came to buttering up the women in his party. To flaunt such behavior for everyone to see was scandalous, and the mere sight of it alone caused Elizabeth to blush in embarrassment. What made it worse was how commonplace the man made it seem! Holding true to a charmer with a snake-like tongue, she found herself loathing him more and more by the second. Unlike Quor, there was little finesse in his actions, and unlike Quor, he didn't know the first thing about women, and unlike Quor. . . What was she going on about again? It didn't matter. Time was of the essence, and there was no reason to dillydally.

"I hate to ruin whatever moment you two are sharing, but we need to get moving before it becomes nighttime. The goblins have superior senses to ours, and with a lack of team members, we're already at a disadvantage." It was true that Elizabeth had taken up a nagging tone early in her youth, but due to her carefree grandfather and the simplicity of the village, she felt as if she were the only one that ever gave a damn when it came to moving onward. Turning her back to the two lascivious individuals, she raised her hand in the air. "Alright everyone, we'll be heading into the woods now. It's a good walk from here to the hideout, so I expect all of you to stay close. We can discuss matters as we travel. If you have any other questions, I recommend that you shut your trap and listen to me instead. There's a lot you don't know when it comes to around here, so be tentative and there might be a chance that you all survive this."

Worry had settled in her chest long ago. Elizabeth had already said her farewells to Quor, despite his uneasiness, but the pressure of returning to that camp still haunted her. She had promised him a safe and quick return, and hopefully, once this was all over, she will finally have the chance to ask for his hand in marriage. The thought alone had loosened the tensing of her shoulders, Li swaying back in forth in a lovestruck wonder. Still, she was unable to shake off all the fear that resided within her. All that Elizabeth could do was pray to the Divine One for protection on their journey into enemy territory. Craning her neck back to the others, her voice was calm, "Now then, does anyone have any questions before we start moving? I'm not going to be waiting long."

youngmanrhys youngmanrhys HTCOR HTCOR NyxNightmare NyxNightmare Lo Mayn Lo Mayn
Hatch
It was hard for the pactborn to deny that Lorenzo's plan wasn't all that bad. Considering the state he was in, Hatch was pleasantly amused to see the little scamp still moving around, using his tiny noggin to formulate a method of escape. Sadly, neither of them were able to account for the minor complication that came attached to his strategy. As it turned out, the presumed dead horse was undoubtedly still breathing, and what more, the ear-piercing shriek that she let out was enough to force Hatch to cover his ears. That's why when Lorenzo was bucked by the horse's back end, the tiny gremlin shot straight into the haughty figure's stomach, slamming the two of them into the iron bars of their cage.

Pushing Lorenzo off with one hand and clearing out one of his ears with the other, Hatch snuck a peek at the sleeping beauty that they had disturbed. What the fuck is that thing? he thought to himself, the combination of man and horse unsettling him to the bone. Never had he seen a creature quite as grotesque as this. Was it customary for humans to simply slap half of themselves on everything that they saw? The concept was rather bogus, and as Hatch went to check on Lorenzo, he noted that the goblin had taken one too many beatings. He wasn't looking very pretty at the moment.

"Oi, horse, mind telling me why you were sleeping in that bale of hay? Would've been nice to know that it wasn't only us two that were trapped in here. Aw, fuck, look what'cha did. Now he's bleeding all over me!" The horse hoove imprint on Lorenzo's face was crystal clear, and the fountain of blood that followed from his nose was even more apparent. Without hesitation, Hatch stripped off his shirt, wrapping it over the goblin similar to gauze, careful not to cover his ability to breathe and leaving a gap for his mouth to still get air from. That should suffice with clogging up the open wound and give the guy a chance at survival. Then again, Hatch wasn't much of a doctor, let alone a compassionate soul.

With hands on his hips, the bare-chested man stood tall, wiping some of Lorenzo's blood off his hands as he quirked a brow towards the newly found beast. "Now then, why don't we start off with introductions, yeah? The name's Hatch, and my buddy over here that you so kindly kicked in the face of is named Lorence. Maybe. Still not sure if it was that or Larry. Either one works. Anyway, what's your name, and how did you find yourself caught by the blokes outside? Shouldn't you be, like, uh, grazing on some grass or something?"

Loony_Bin Loony_Bin calypso calypso

taaOA13.png
Camila wasn't interested in playing a hero role to citizens who couldn't even save themselves. Her survival reigned overall regarding importance. Rhydian's blood was tantalizing, but not enough to buy her loyalty. Placing her out of the direct sunlight, Camila would soften her gaze, but only slightly. Such chivalry will only heighten my suspicions of you.

The boy with hair rivaling the purity of an angel's wings stepped forward to converse with Rhydian. Although his words were firm, his body language hinted at his mild agitation. Berlin. The vampire would remember it, for more reasons than one. Camila might be lying to herself if she said their talk of strategy didn't draw her in a little. It was, nostalgic. Why? She couldn't be sure. It was as if she had been in the center of a situation much like this one before. The old Camila would never stray away from a battle; even if it was only to serve towards her selfish agenda. Could she relish in those old feelings?

Berlin left soon after, casting Camila one last glance before making his way towards the other human male she had tried to attack. She had to admire Berlin's confidence. With the proper attention, he could be worth taming. Maybe she shouldn't have allowed him to make such an impression on her. But there was an air of familiarity about him that had Camila favoring him. She didn't like the overflow of feelings along with the absence of memories. There was nothing to tie the two together. Not yet. And if winning this battle lead to that? Then her hand is forced into this battle.

Wriggling away from the firm hold Rhydian kept on her, Camila hardened her gaze. "Don't hold me in such a familiar fashion around others. I'm not your woman." Before she could say anything else or hear his reply, Elizabeth made her way forward, spouting orders. Rolling her eyes, Camila took Rhydian's wrist with her hand and brought it up to her lips. Sinking her fangs into Rhydian's skin, scarlet liquid seeped out. Only a few seconds passed before she removed herself from him. "I suppose I'll get the rest when we're done with this, hmm?" Turning to face the novice healer, Camila hissed, "And who elected you captain?" Pushing past her, she left to accompany the orc woman.

Interacting: youngmanrhys youngmanrhys TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity
Mentioned: Lo Mayn Lo Mayn Foxu Foxu

Last edited:
kalon_by_woo_foxu-dcmpzzv.png

TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

The orcish woman watched Rhydian walk away with vivid contempt, her décolletage rising with the indignation of a spurned paramour. Who was this fool to give her instructions? This was not his battle, his directions came off as sanctimonious and uncouth to Kalon. Did he think he was in charge here, what could possibly qualify him to be in any place to tell anyone what to do? It left a bitter taste in her mouth to say the least.

Irenic was surprised by Leon’s touch, pulling away slightly while intaking a sharp but relatively inaudible breath. She turned to face the elder with a movement so soft it juxtaposed with her frame and face to a nearly disturbing degree. She looked down with poignant pumpkin eyes as the man spoke, though underneath her faux face, her expression was void. His quaint turns of phrase had managed to endear him to her, or at least amused the woman enough to lend him her ear. Afterall, in this world of mystery Leon had been her only guide- and while she found him slightly pitiable, she had to honor that in some way. Maybe it was just because he’d asked nicely instead of acting like she owed him something.

That was it.

Her hand hovered over the dagger, fingers twitching slightly against one another before finally clasping around the object and accepting it. She filled her voice with as much somber gratitude as she could, placing her free hand on Leon’s shoulder as she nodded carefully,” I will do my best…good luck with…things back here.” She dipped her head politely before sliding her hand away and turning lightly towards the exit. She made sure to make a subtle show of treating the little token with respect, stowing the glittering weapon away with a reverence divine.

She easily managed to catch up with the rest, falling in step with them in time to notice that the other woman of the group had made her way to her. Irenic had to admit that of the garish troop she’d been partnered with, this woman had done little to irritate her thus far. She attempted to clear her throat, resting the fingertips of one hand on the knuckles of the other,” What did I miss?...They appear to be in rougher…conditions.” She was glad to have not sallied into battle as quickly as they had, and still had mixed feelings about doing so now.​

image0.jpg

Rhydian Garefs

To doubt yourself is equivalent to failure, Rhydian. Remember this, that an Archer’s gaze is ever unwavering.

There it was, that voice again. It seemed to always become prominent when he felt anxious, as if it were a light leading him through a shadowy path. The archer’s words seemed to have an ill effect upon Berlin, but at the very least he could say he persuaded the ivory woman.

Though, the sudden shove surprised him slightly. Camilla had first pressed herself against him, yet now amongst the fallen eyes of his comrades and the scoldings of one they called Elizabeth she rejected her initial approach.

“Don’t hold me in such a familiar fashion around others,” spoke the bewitching beauty. “I’m not your woman.”

Yet, she took his hand once more, and pressed her pure white fangs into his wrist. A sharp pain, of course, merely catching him by surprise. He watched with curious eyes as she drank her fill, then released her grip upon him. With a huff, she turned and made her way to the towering orc, Irenic.

“I apologize, Camila. I mistook your friendly gestures for other means. It was a mere instinct of the hand.” Rhydian nervously explained, “Of course, one such as myself would have to be blessed by the Gods to-“

The archer halted in his words, feeling the pressuring looks of his comrades pierce into him. Elizabeth, Berlin, Iain, Camila, and even Irenic were all watching him ramble like a buffoon. He felt his heart race, this type of attention rather… nerve-wracking.

“Hah, right then.” He said proudly, his lean figure seemingly peering at them all. The kindness in his eyes seemed to never fade, betraying his physical depiction. Whether the heroes found this aspect of him annoying or charismatic was to be determined. However, one way or another, he seemed to have become the self-proclaimed leader of this sorry bunch.

“Follow along, and I’ll go into better our plans of action and listen to any inputs of advice you all would like to add.” He stated, then moving forward in the direction of where he shot the arrow that grazed Kazimar. Although hesitantly, he heard the shuffling of feet from over his shoulder.

Rhydian’s voice rang with confidence, the ebony-colored man now starting to speak. “I’ll go over my name again to everyone here. Rhydian Garefs, one with the ways of a bow, as I’m sure you can tell.”

He waited a moment, but only silence greeted his remarks in return.

Ease your voice, Rhydian. Talk with them, not at them.

The same voice again, Gods, did it ever go away? Nonetheless, it was right. In order to earn their respect, he had to talk to them and not over them.

“If you were summoned here alongside me, then I’m sure you’re all just as skilled, if not more than I.” He chuckled, “However it appears our strength isn’t what it once was, alongside our memories. Until we regain it, then it may be in our best interests to band together to survive in this world.

“I’ll briefly explain what the contents of our attack will be. Iain and Berlin, with your range and what I assume speed, I feel it’s in our best interest for you to distract the goblin knight, Kazimar. In order for me to do what I must do, I’m entrusting you to keep him busy long enough for me to do my part. Mage, your magic is incredibly explosive; thus this aids Iain with crowd control in case the lesser goblins attempt to overwhelm you. Spearmen, with your lance, I can trust you to be quick and efficient enough to jab at the knight and keep your distance.

“Of course, you both are just as exhausted and tired as I am, which is where Elizabeth and Camila come in. I trust in your support capabilities to keep these men alive long enough to where they aren’t overwhelmed and beaten by Kazimar in his onslaught. Everyone understand me so far?”

Elizabeth picked up her pace, walking alongside the archer in a huff. Her demeanor seemed to show irritation, especially directed at Rhydian. “Ideally, your plan sounds just and all- but what exactly will you be doing during all of this? As far as I know, your skills only consist of being a charmer with women,” Her gaze looked over to Camila, then back to him. “And not a very good one.”

She seemed to be in a bigger hurry than the rest of them were, and in her brilliant eyes Rhydian could see her sadness. Something troubled the maiden, yet he dared not ask. The only thing he could do was instill hope.

Despite the aggravated gesture she displayed upon him, Rhydian greeted her with a grin. “I understand your worries, but I simply wanted Camila to assist us, that is all.” He gave a small laugh, “I’ll be targeting Radomir. If I don’t defeat him, then we lose already. For as long as the creatures have their morale, they’ll trust in their advantage of numbers- which they are right to do so. Defeating the one who leads them will leave the lesser ones confused and disheartened. Overall making it easier upon the rest of us to execute and escape. I’m the best one for this job, I feel- for this requires a direct combat situation. Not mere crowd control or mana dependence.”

Elizabeth’s tone didn’t waver an inch, her raunchy attitude still cutting away at the archer. “This plan seems rather risky, Garefs. I don’t think you understand the frailty of this situation or what’s exactly at stake here.”

That’s when the archer chuckled. “Have faith, Li. I trust in myself to do what needs to be done, just like I’m trusting in all of you. In order for us to win, we need to act and think like a team. Even with these odds stacked against us- we must have the mentality to persevere. Otherwise we’ve already lost.”

Rhydian clenched his fist, looking down at his left arm. “I may not have the same strength as I did in my times of living, but I pity anyone foolish enough to underestimate their opponent. As far as they’re concerned, they believe they are stronger; which leads them prone to carelessness. I plan to show them the dangers of that.”

The maiden turned her head from Rhydian to stare straight at the nearing forest in front of them. Her face still bore a skeptical look, but she said nothing; leaving the archer to retain to himself in a cold silence.

Rhydian nodded, then called back to the feminine orc. “Don’t think I forgot about you,” He stopped finally in front of the collection of trees. The shadows of their structure and leaves towering above them and engulfing the group. Archer turned back to the group, a gentle breeze blowing against him which sent ripples across his garments.

“Orc, I don’t know what your profession is, nor your ability. You carry yourself as if you’re better than the rest of us.” His voice seemed almost scolding, yet his following words may have surprised her. “Good. Keep yourself aligned with that confidence. It’s that very persona that’ll save us all.” Another small laugh of joy from his lips.

“I want you to scour the compound and search for any slaves or allies possibly imprisoned. If they’re able to assist us, or escape; that makes the fight all-the-more easier upon us. I know I’ve yet to earn your trust, but I aim to earn it one day, Warrior.”

Rhydian focused his gaze on Berlin and Iain now, “I know I am asking a lot out of you both, and I apologize for that. Yet, for some reason, I feel as if you both are more than capable of handling this.”

Then the archer noticed the dagger against Berlin’s waist, then gave a glance to his own. “Say, Mage, would you mind me borrowing your dagger for the time being?” A sly smile affixed to his face.

Interacting: Lo Mayn Lo Mayn HTCOR HTCOR NyxNightmare NyxNightmare TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity Foxu Foxu

image0.jpg

The Voice

You’re doing well, Rhydian. I could not be more proud of you… You are the way to salvation, and for every ounce of kindness you spread, you are doing a God’s work. Inspire the hope in them, Archer. Inspire it in your comrades, your people, in other heroes of this land.

Show me that I did not fail.

Last edited:
62522685ccc96aa94018f696ab3b348c.png

Iain

"...Can't say you're wrong. But I have this distinct feeling that, well, our resident Archer isn't going to let us do the wise thing easily. He's going to try and be an assassin at best, and leave the art to someone else." Iain stood tall, as he spoke to Berlin. His eyes softened slightly as he gazed at the white haired man, a smile upon his face. "But I have a feeling we can handle something like this. I've only got an idea of two abilities of mine so far, but alas- they're helpful. Mark and Observe, the names are pounding their way through my mind. Mark, on one hand, causes an explosion on any target I hit...but only if someone else hits the mark that I lay upon them. So as you can tell, it'd probably be highly useful alongside you, considering I could lay down a few marks, and you could detonate them all at once." He'd sigh, starting to glance at Rhydian and Camila- they were...well. Not people he liked at this point in time.

"...I can't help but feel that one was young, when he died. Most of us were. Unfinished business makes spirits, if I recall right." He'd yank his spear out of the ground, sending a tuft of dirt flying to the side. "So let's see if we can handle this horseshit. Oh, and catalysts? Inject your mana into them, slowly and carefully- it's a finesse task, not a brute strength task. Just like easing a lass's heart," He'd make a quick joke, grinning to Berlin as he nodded his head towards the archer once more.

"Anyway...let's listen to this man's words. See how inspiring he is." With that, he fell quiet for the speech that Rhydian did. It was...decent. His mind whispered that he'd heard better, and given better- at least, he should have.

Iain slowly walked forwards, resting his spear on his shoulder as he glanced at Berlin. "You ready, boy? This isn't going to be easy on us, and we're bearing the brunt of the fighting here. Rhydian has drawn his share of blood, and hopefully we have a healing specialist on our side." Iain was awaiting Berlins' choice- he wasn't going to drag them into this madness without his permission, at the very least.

Interacting: Lo Mayn Lo Mayn

Mentioned: youngmanrhys youngmanrhys

Berlin_Defined.jpg
Berlin A. Malkuth
'The Flight Plan - Continued'
The idea rattled his mind. Charge the crystals, his hands messaged them in the bag. Slowly and carefully? He asked himself. Was slowly really a luxury he could afford now? Berlin doubted it.

“... Yeah, I’m coming.” Berlin answered. He jogged to catch up to Iain and once in line, he matched Iain’s pace.

Berlin could find some comfort being around Iain. They were both summonees, and if not for the man’s friendliness, then for the thing they could agree on.

Rhydian; The self-proclaimed Leader and hero. Traces of stories and books flowed like a wavering breeze through his minds. The mage had a feeling for what heroes are meant to be. As good as this archer was at shooting, he lacked as a hero in Berlin’s eyes. Sure, Rhydian had the makings to be one. But should his speeches all be eye-rolling worthy? Berlin would detest having to go through another one. Just talk like regular people. He scoffed.

“I say we just go along with what he says.” The words as much a surprise to him as it was to Iain. Berlin was quick to explain, “Just for the sake of unity. He seemed to have garnered some attention from these two-” He stuck his thumb in the direction of Camila and Irenic, giving them, more at Camila, a slight glance.
“And while it may not be ideal forever, we can deal with whatever we-” the summonees, “-are afterwards…We’ll know what the others are doing and act accordingly.”

Rhydian stopped, turning himself to the group. Again, he sprouted his plan, ending with his attention on Berlin.

A sly smile across his face, the archer had his eyes upon the dagger at Berlin’s waist. “Say, Mage,” He started, “Would you mind me borrowing your dagger for the time being?”

With a sigh, Berlin found his hand on the weapon. “Bring it back in one piece.” With a uniformed motion, he pulled the blade out, twirled it, and tossed it to Rhydian. “Move quick enough and I won’t need it back this fight.” His voice feigned a joke, almost mocking Rhydian’s tone.

With an eye roll, he turned to Iain, awaiting his answer.

Interacting: HTCOR HTCOR youngmanrhys youngmanrhys
Mentioned: NyxNightmare NyxNightmare Foxu Foxu

Morrigan

After her singular hoof was promptly slammed into the small profile of Lorenzo, Morrigan was quick to flip herself over onto all four of them. A slight yelp escaped from her lips as her hands shot forward to steady her tottering form against the wall, before she shot a glare over to--

A very handsome man. Was he shirtless? He was very shirtless...Oh my, that’s a lot of abs. And muscles...How were his arms so big? Wait, what was Morrigan doing again? She had been captured, she was in a cell-- Oh jeez, now he’s bouncing his pecs! (It should be noted, that Hatch was not bouncing his pecs. Morrigan just had an active imagination.) How was Morrigan supposed to even focus now when there were rose petals falling around this God of a man?

Meanwhile, to both Hatch and Lorenzo, Morrigan was simply staring with large eyes and red cheeks. Her jaw was almost aghast, and there was even a bit of blood dripping from her nose. While one could blame the nosebleed on the fact Morrigan hadn’t eaten in several days, and that she just got a rush of blood to her head...She was also staring directly at the physique of Hatch. Seems two of the three people here were currently bleeding from their noses, for very different reasons.

Reaching up with both hands, she covered her nose with wide eyes and finally dropped her gaze down to the floor as she attempted to stand straight. A yelp and shout was heard as her head smacked into the short rafters, and she dropped right back into a sitting position. Morrigan blinked a few times before she finally lowered her hands away from her face, an exhale leaving her lips slowly.

Wait-- Did he just say she should be grazing grass? And that look in his eyes...Oh, that was a look Morrigan knew well enough. That little fantasy moment was fun while it lasted, but there was work to be done anyway. Just don’t sniffle, Morrigan. Just don’t sniffle…

“I-I...Please don’t act like I’m an animal! I’m clearly a person too,” she said with a loud huff, reaching up to rub at her bloody nose. First things first, after all. To hold a decent conversation, one must at least be treated like a human.

“Hello Hatch, hello Larry. I’m...sorry, for kicking you in the face. You did bite me, however,” Morrigan began softly, her voice taking a gentle and more polite tone, despite their current situation. “I’m Morrigan...and I don’t really know how I ended up here. I was with some other people, but they all died…” Dragging her gaze over the two and finally off of Hatch, Morrigan took notice of just how poorly he wrapped the poor fellow up. Surely she hadn’t hit him that hard? It didn't matter, anyway, he was starting to look more a mummy.

“You’re going to suffocate him like that!” Morrigan exclaimed as she stood up, before letting out a yelp of pain as her head slammed into the rafters again. Dust rained down into her black hair, and she kept her body low as she slowly moved over to Lorenzo. Yes, her hooves did make little clicking noises as she walked. Bending down next to the little goblin of a man, she unwrapped the shirt from around his head.

“All this, for a bloody nose? Poor little guy…” She said in a doting tone, holding Lorenzo by the cheeks as she peered down at him with vibrant green eyes.

Iain

Iain paused, glancing at Berlin. It was a brief moment, before he would just sigh.

"First off. You're effectively an idiot, Rhydian." His hand held up to halt any response- he didn't want to hear the excuse that the man was bound to come up with. Iain took in a deep breath, before explaining. "We're not a strong group of heroes, and three of us couldn't fight their knight directly. You're planning to save more now, and sacrifice your crew. That ain't wise by any means. Means that you'll kill more innocents down the road, and kill us a lot easier. I'm not interested into going into a duel to the death with unlikely favor. You accounted two against twenty, and expected us to survive. So, kindly sit down, shut up, and don't talk until the adults are done speaking."

He'd turn to the rest. "He's right about some things, but forgetting quite a bit. They have an ice mage in the group, which means they have an opposing sorcerer- and the goblins are well-trained, or are enchanted to act like such. So we need to cause as much chaos among the group- and rescue our own party members." The weary Iain turned to face Irenic, giving her a small nod. "If you don't mind, I'd like to borrow your talents for this battle- if you think you can raze this place to the ground, that'd be useful. Berlin here can assist you on that, as a fire mage, and afterwards you'll want to assassinate their archers- and any other heroes that may try to interrupt your efforts. I'm going to find Hatch and Lorenzo- they're needed for this task. Lorenzo reminds me of something, while Hatch is a key force for brute force- considering the fact that he got hit harder than me, and didn't manage to die on impact? That's something. He was in good enough condition for the goblins to capture him for some reason."

Iain shook his head. "Either way, once Hatch is saved, I'm going to ask you- Li," He'd turn to face the young maiden. "To heal his wounds a bit, if he has any. After such, Berlin is going to try and ensure that the goblins don't fight Hatch and I directly- while him and I take care of Kazimar. I'll be supporting Hatch in that battle, giving him the primary impacts while enhancing his attacks. Li, you're going to be with us, healing Hatch primarily. I know it's a shit scenario to deal with, but suck it up. We can't work with someone else."

Finally, he turned back to Rhydian- looking him dead in the eye. "You're going to be given one of the hardest tasks among us. You're going to need to save as many people as you can, while the rest of us keep the enemy on the defensive. Camila is going with you- she's going to try and heal anyone who's able to fight alongside you, and assist you in your efforts. However, for all of us? We're going to try and fight the remaining parts of the enemy after we kill Kazimar and their archers. That way, we can fight as a group afterwards- and therefore kill any other heroes they throw at us, far more effectively." Iain exhaled the last of his breath, glancing among them all. A counter plan. Pleasant.

With that, Iain held his spear on his shoulder, awaiting their responses.

Interacting: The Whole Party

image0.jpg

Rhydian Garefs

Rhydian would give a slight chuckle at his insult. This one, out of all the heroes here suggests to call me an idiot?

The archer walked up to Iain, sizing the human up. “I said I’m open to ideas, not shabby comments from a man who can’t carry himself properly in a battle. Before you dare undermine the strength of anyone here- remind yourself who was the first to fall, and who were the ones that kept your sorry ass alive to begin with.” He spoke with an eerie calmness in his tone, but his eyes were full of clear anger. As if they bore right into Iain’s core.

“Now, aside from your arrogance, your plan is rational... to an extent. Setting ablaze the camp puts at risk everyone within it, despite making the fight possibly easier or harder upon us- it’s a gamble either way. Potential allies reside within the compound, like Hatch or Lorenzo; who, mind you, we are unaware if they’re even alive, or here. Another flawed factor within your plan.“ Rhydian scratched his head, as if sorely disappointed with his outspoken confidence. Hell, the plan he suggested wasn’t exactly sound, either. His arrogance didn’t seem to match his wit. the archer had thought. Although, the dreaded man was simply annoyed with no real reason to be angry with the former demigod.

“Another thing, Iain. What you’re suggesting is a focused attack at one point- which leaves them time to fall back and regroup after the blaze is set and we storm the camp. I suggested my plan initially because we’d be attacking at different points within the camp, without dividing our group into too risky of partners and numbers. A cluster of you all in one area, whilst one or two of us moving around is a better fit of survival in my own personal opinion, rather, than dividing into three groups of individuals with a vague understanding of their skills yet. Chances are, they don’t know our numbers, so me acting as one man can lead to them thinking there’s more depending on how I act. This adding to the initial chaos of a surprise attack, as well as possibly diverging the army and making it easier upon the rest of you to deal with Kazimar. I can move fast, and hit from a vantage point at different angles better than anyone here. Before you mention my low supply of arrows, as I recall... there were archers as well. I can make due by stealing the ammunition from their quivers. Regardless, the flexibility to move around and make it seem like there’s more than one enemy is more reliable with me. This shouldn’t be too hard to accomplish on my way to find Radomir. Might as well create a confusion within their ranks, right? At the end of the day, we have to kill him to lower their morale. Or at the very least, scare him away.”

He started to walk away, facing the forest now. “Before we take the risk of killing innocents, and cutting off an escape route for our allies, and possibly ourselves; let’s take into account our individual skills and abuse them, Spearmen. Berlin here has explosive magic, from what I’ve seen. That blast radius is more than enough for keeping the fodder at bay. As far as the enemy mage goes, I concur that I neglected his part in all this... I suppose that was rather foolish of me. Impulsive thinking at its finest, yeah? Perhaps the orc should be sent to deal with him, alongside freeing those along the way that she sees..” He went to crack his knuckles, rolling his neck to ease his joints.

The archer looked at Iain once more, “Mind you, the only one I’m putting at risk is myself. I’ll be in the center of the entire operation. If it gets too overwhelming, pull away and leave me to flee or die on my own. I’m aware that I’m putting you all at risk, but this is a battlefield. You’ll have the grace of being able to retreat, if things become too awry. The risk of harming the civilians involved in your plan is too high, I’d rather attempt to save them over possibly cause more casualties.“

Although the hero was young, he spoke with plenty experience, and to a degree, respect in the art of battle. The others would find his words convincing, but whether his experience was reliable in times now would be up for questioning. He held Berlin’s dagger in his hand, nodding in thanks to the ivory haired sorcerer.

“Any other ideas? I’m open to anything else less risky than mine or his.”

Interacting: HTCOR HTCOR

Mentioned: Lo Mayn Lo Mayn NyxNightmare NyxNightmare Foxu Foxu Loony_Bin Loony_Bin TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity

Last edited:
Elizabeth [NPC]
As the two warriors bickered between each other, Elizabeth had stopped abruptly, raising a finger to her lips, as if to hint for them to keep their voices low. "We're nearing their territory now. We should finish up our little discussion now because, in a few more steps, we'll be in the thick of battle." She had paused to consider what they had been saying this entire time, seeing flaws in both plans, but considering the odds stacked against them, there was no hope of having a perfect plan, to begin with. Instead, it was her job to clarify their misunderstandings of the opponents that stood in their way.

"I would be more surprised if Radomir hasn't already planned a counter to everything that the two of you have said. He is a tactical genius. Underestimating his mental prowess is the worst mistake we can make right about now. We can't look at this as an ambush. He knows what position we're in. It's why he took those two as prisoners. He'll plan to have them executed, and whether that boosts the morale of his troops or draws us out of hiding, he plans to utilize that to his advantage in every way possible." Biting her bottom lip in an anxious display, she gripped shakily at her staff, gazing at the stone fortress located off in the distance.

"I guess it's only normal for me to tell you why I know so much about Radomir. After the initial attack on our village, Radomir made sure to have his men kidnap slaves to work under them and to help build their base of operations. He kidnapped both men and women. A handful of female villagers, along with myself, were taken to their camp for a specific type of slave work. Goblins are unable to reproduce within their own species, so they use girls from other species to repopulate at an alarming rate. The things that they did to those girls. . .

"I was lucky. Before they were able to get their hands on me, Quor broke one of the most important rules within the Guild and saved me, despite my affiliation as a simple townsperson. It's why I have studied in the art of healing. If I am strong enough to join his party, I become a hero, and he won't face punishment," she said, shaking her head. "That's not the point, though. The point that I'm getting at is that Radomir is smart enough to be cautious and plan for any possibilities of attack. Just because they are celebrating our defeat doesn't mean that they've forgotten us completely. Which now brings me to my next point."

Turning to face Iain, she nodded her head. "The goblins are prone to drinking highly flammable grog. If you can get those lit up, it'll suffice as a proper distraction for our attack. Our overall goal is to not lose heroes pointlessly. I hate to admit it, but your lives are more valuable to the safety of those already in the village rather than the those that have already been captured and tortured. I have countless friends in that prison, but we can't save everyone's life. Not with the cards we're currently dealt with. Our main priority is to locate the other heroes above anything else. If we lose them, we lose everyone. Without your entire team, you stand no chance against the opposing heroes."

Crouching into position, she then motioned for them to follow. "Stay low. We'll get in close and observe from the hills and see what's happening in the goblin courtyard. If they're having an execution, it'll be where the most goblins are, and, well, where all the decapitated bodies are, too. We'll work from there, and depending on what the outcome is will be the decider of whose plan we're going with. Got it? Good."

Lo Mayn Lo Mayn NyxNightmare NyxNightmare Foxu Foxu HTCOR HTCOR youngmanrhys youngmanrhys

Hatch
"Hm? I think I did a pretty good job of patching him up," Hatch said stubbornly, stepping back as Morrigan floundered over to the tiny critter of a man. "I'm no expert, but it ain't just his nose that's a problem." Even Hatch was able to recognize the bruises on the goblin's head, along with the way his body crumpled into a fetal position, most likely from his previous soccer practice on the squirt. "He'll most likely die if he doesn't get a healer," Hatch said nonchalantly, looking to the bars of their cage, losing interest in the entire ordeal. It wasn't his problem if the green shart was unable to survive a few blows or not.

"Seems we're in luck, though. The cavalry has just arrived," he said, Kazimar, Desislava, and a multitude of their lackeys crowding the entrance of their jailhouse. Hatch wasn't one to pass up an opportunity when it presented itself to him. Extending his arms in a "come at me" sort of pose, Hatch cocked his brow. "What? You all come here just to get a good look at little old me? You're all too kind. Hell, if you open up that door, I'll be sure to only beat the shit out of you. A pretty good deal, yeah?" Hatch was going to continue antagonizing them, but as he was preparing his onslaught of snarky remarks, Desislava took out a pair of rusted over keys from his pocket, placing it into the lock and unlocking the heroes from their cell.

Next thing Hatch knew, Kazimar's hand had slammed his face into the dirt, holding him down as he replaced the binds that Hatch had broken, hoisting the man up over his shoulder and lugging him out of the door. "Oi, the fuck you think you're doing, Fatso?! Ever heard of being careful with the merchandise? I know you've got potatoes for a brain, but it doesn't mean you can just toss me around- HEY, WATCH WHERE YOU FUCKING PUT YOUR HAND." As Hatch was taken away kicking and screaming, Desislava and the rest of the troops went to secure the remaining two and prepare them for the event that they had in store for them.

Two goblins had snatched Lorenzo up from Morrigan's hold, dragging him across the floor in pursuit of Kazimar, making sure to have every rock hit his head in the process of skidding him across the ground. As for Desislava, he aimed his crossbow at the centaur, signalling for her to follow, lest she finds a crossbow bolt between her eyes. The smaller goblins cheered and clapped from behind their hero, fully enjoying the harsh treatment given to their prisoners of war. "Move," Desislava finally stated in a gruff voice, his beady eyes unwavering when gazing at Morrigan. "Now."

Loony_Bin Loony_Bin calypso calypso

Morrigan

Whoever this Hatch character was, Morrigan was absolutely certain he was going to get them all killed.

A glare was shot back towards him as Morrigan attempted to check over Lorenzo, taking notice of the many bruises the little green man had suffered. Had they played a round of ball with his head? Now she almost felt bad for kicking him right in the nose…Almost. Morrigan had begun to stand up once again when Hatch so nonchalantly commented on the possible death of Larry. Her jaw fell open, and she let out a loud huff in response. How rude could this man possibly get?! It was like staring at an angel who got kicked out of Heaven for fucking the virgin Mary.

She had rose a finger up in a similar fashion of a teacher who was preparing to scold a disobeying child when Hatch announced the presence of the ‘cavalry.’ Excitement flickered across her features for a moment, as she was expecting someone had come to save them. Then she noticed who was standing at the front of the cell. Disappointment and even fear overtook her face. Oh great, the people who had captured them and were likely planning to eat them, yay… (Larry biting her had not eased her nerves at all about the goblins, and even added more onto the stereotype!) And even better, Hatch was starting to speak. He always had something smart to say, right? Oh, absolutely not.

It took all her willpower to not smack a hand through her face as Hatch openly taunted the people who had them captured. She was going to die with an idiot and an unconscious green man. This is what her life had become. Poor Morrigan. As Hatch continued to taunt the goblins, she couldn’t help but notice that Desislava was moving to open up the cell. Maybe if Hatch just shut up for a second, they could--

A cry rang out as Hatch was slammed into the ground, her eyes widening at the sight of his face making contact first. Her body jerked forward to help the poor man, but he was already being tied right back up and carried from the room. Yet, he still managed to be vulgar as ever. Perhaps that warranted some respect, in it’s own unique and nasty way. It was when the two goblins had snatched up poor Larry did Morrigan act, her hands reaching down to try and grab the poor man she had kicked. Of course, she was halted by the very pointy arrow aimed between her eyebrows, likely the only thing that could truly stop her if she started kicking at the goblins. Her hands raised up slowly as a sign of surrender, before the clopping of her hooves was heard against the stone. She was marching after Hatch and Lorenzo, and she seemed to be the only one able to do much at the time. Of course, this was also a good thing…

The goblins couldn’t carry her, so they had to untie her legs. Which meant she could kick. All she needed to do was somehow inform Hatch of the plan forming in her head, and they may just make it out alive non-roasted and in one piece.

But that was putting a lot of trust in Hatch, so they were probably going to end becoming kebabs. Ever had horse?

Desislava [NPC]
Each captive was corralled into an open clearing, the sunset illuminating the stone fortress in its radiant orange hue. The night was creeping closer, and if Radomir was correct in his calculations, so was the deadline for the surviving heroes that were coming to rescue their comrades. A steady eye was trained on the horse's backside, Desislava's breathing shallow, his senses far more acute than usual. He was anxious to rub out these obstacles and move forward with their leader's plan. The stroll was steady, and before no time at all, the three were brought to the appointed location of their demise.

The setting was similar to any sort of showcasing; a "stage", represented as a slab of a broken down wall, acted as the centerpiece, accompanied by a goblin audience and their chorus of blood-curdling screams that echoed off the walls of the shabby palace. The criminals were forced to take their places shoulder to shoulder, kicked to their knees (or on their side for some cases) to position them for Kazimar to have an easy go at them. His club was stained with fresh blood from their last batch of prisoners, of which their kin was still rallying over. Even Desislava had to turn away from the brutal bludgeoning at the time, the bodies having been draped over the side of the stage for all to marvel at.

There were four of them, each easily identified as a hero from their apparel. To Morrigan, it was apparent that these were her previous party members, turned to nothing more than the playthings of these monsters. They had taken their time making an example of each of them, taking them one after the other and watching as their horror increased alongside the body count, the faces they made being priceless to the crossbowman. The horse was meant to be the finale, given her size, but unforeseen complications led to having her due date being pushed up with the two new inmates. Despite the pleas of his brothers, Radomir had made it very clear that they were to follow the schedule and believe in his judgement. In the end, it didn't matter much to Desislava as long as the small-minded fools met the same end for raising arms against their valiant self-made army.

The indignant black-haired pactborn was still yammering on, agitating Desislava greatly. He was going to take a lot of pleasure in seeing that one finally shut his mouth. Making eye contact with Kazimar, the larger of the two goblins slammed his club onto the stone floor under him, demanding for there to be silence during the ceremony. Whether it was out of fear or respect, the horde of ravenous critters and their cheers of delight had abruptly turned into complete stillness, leaving only Hatch to continue rambling on about "personal space" or something along those lines. This was it. The time was finally upon them.

It was to start with the traitorous goblin that betrayed his own kind, his blood making for a great initiation into their celebratory performance. Desislava knew that they were the same breed as him and how they weren't like the thoughtless dregs that made up the majority of Radomir's army. The fact that such a valuable mind was going to be lost due to a foolhardy act of defiance was disappointing to the archer, and while he held some discomfort in the act of murdering one of his own, he found the procedure to be necessary. A true testament to their value of kinship and undying loyalty to Radomir's rule.

Kazimar had beat down on his own chest, repeatedly stomping his foot in a rhythmic beat, reminiscent of the drums of war that played before a battle, a song favoured heavily by the Earthbound. Radomir had taught it to him as a means of giving back the memories that the brute had lost. It was by now that Desislava decided that Kazimar had control over the situation, and with a single wave, he took his leave, wanting to settle back into his perch. Something about this night was biting at the back of his mind, and it was his job to keep an eye out for the inevitable attackers. Clutching his crossbow in his hands, the goblin pattered to his sniper's nest, disappearing from the crowd without a word as his hawkish eyes surveyed the land, waiting patiently for his time to strike.

calypso calypso Loony_Bin Loony_Bin HTCOR HTCOR youngmanrhys youngmanrhys Foxu Foxu NyxNightmare NyxNightmare Lo Mayn Lo Mayn

(Some soft chill. Expect a lot of instrumental music for my future posts)

taaOA13.png
This was some A-class level BS. Their team's division rivaled the parting of the Red Sea. She twirled a strand of her once silken hair between her fingers. The soot from the flames had tinted her locks Gainsboro grey. Oh, how she would kill for a cleansing shower right now. Camila listened to Rhydian droll on in silence. He may as well be the team mascot at the rate things were going. His entire verbiage appeared to be nothing more than a prosaic pep talk. But the woman had to admire the man's persistence briefly. Even when the haughty healer grabbed the reigns of the conversation, the contents remained shy of a proper conclusion.

Turning her gaze to the orc woman, Camila finally answered her question, "It would appear they have only roughened further. We might very well be waltzing straight into a death sentence. A shame we haven't gotten a proper meal first. Who wants to die on an empty stomach?" She allowed her dark humor to waver over below the orc woman for a few moments before trudging onwards.
____

Standing atop the hill, the members gazed down at what was indeed, a ceremonial beheading. Only, this was the low-budget version where you beat someone so hard their head falls off, or their face turns to mush. The joyous cheers could be heard even from here. It prompted a question within Camila's mind. Do we really want to save these people? They're practically strangers. It all seemed to be a massive effort on their end. Besides, Mr. Arrogant Ass and halfbreed down there could perish for all she cared. It's his cocky attitude that got him there in the first place. Poor halfbreed probably got stuck to the bottom of someone's foot and carried into camp by accident. Mentally sighing, Camila allowed an ever so fleeting moment of sympathy for the fellow. Whatever God had placed her into this situation, she would willfully curse with all her might. "So what's the plan, boss. All of their blood is about to go to waste. They went through that first bunch at a rapid rate." Solicitude and urgency was all but void in the vampire's voice. However, the spark in her eyes was unmistakable. She was going all in.

God might have dealt me a sorry set of cards, but who says I still can't win?

Interacting: TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity Foxu Foxu Loony_Bin Loony_Bin youngmanrhys youngmanrhys Lo Mayn Lo Mayn HTCOR HTCOR
Mentioned:

Iain

The man took a moment. He paused. Perhaps he came off too strongly- yet it was far too late for any apology. He would glance at the rest of the party, formulating, cogitating- perhaps they would be able to come out in front of all of this. Yet it wasn't long before something caught his notice- a flare of light, a flicker of steel. His hand shot out towards Rhys, as he gazed across the battleground. Something tinkered, something twitched, his mind starting to push through rusty gears of old plans. The motion had begun. Iain tapped Rhys shoulder, gesturing to a few of the sentries. "Don't kill them. Be careful of telepathic links. We know they have a caster- they could possess such a thing between them and the sentries. Don't know how much backlash they have." He'd try to keep his advice short and sweet.

"If you need me to clarify anything, ask. Please." The last word seemed to be dragged out of the man with a heavy toll, as he leaned on his spear. "Uncertain of how much I can assist here, other than verbal and direct combat. Things are getting a little hazy, others more clear. Vision is one of the former. Thoughts are of the latter." Iain forced himself to stand once more, a faint flicker of emptiness draining the light behind his eyes. They turned from cold and impersonal to pure apathetic and coldblooded hatred. A battle was at hand- and no lights could be used. "Remember. No lights. Use that to our advantage." He'd flat out state, starting to make his way down the hill. If anyone chose to follow- that was their choice.

Interacting: Party

Berlin_Defined.jpg
Berlin A. Malkuth

Text_Divider_1.png
‘For Those Who Couldn’t Fly’​

People. Why are they always so quick to resort to conflict? Berlin watched as Iain and Rhydian went back and forth, curious as to whether there was a better way for them to discuss plans that wouldn’t get them all killed. Regardless, Berlin would no longer get involved, he’d keep his lips closed. He didn’t have a plan that he trusted more than theirs, which was a rather low amount of trust to begin with anyways. So why bother? If there was one he’d have to follow, it’d be whichever Iain and Rhydian decided. Berlin walked ahead of them to look out over the hill.

The glorious vermillion colored sky and its ball of fire cascaded light across the land, causing the goblin’s fortress to cast a shadow onto itself.
In There - would be the missing summonees: Hatch and L… What was his name? Right. Larry. The two people, this entire, possibly suicidal, plan was for. A fight was to come.

“Is it even worth it?” Berlin asked himself. Yes, they were called upon to be heroes - but he could still walk away. Fighting here wouldn’t bring those who died back, instead, it may cause more to die. Yes, Berlin himself wanted to give Kazimar a good 1-2 for the apparent pain he caused - but Berlin himself hadn’t truly felt that pain. He had all reason to value his own life over others and what they felt.
Then, Elizabeth spoke.

A warning of the enemy, revealing how smart and tenacious they were, as well as how monstrous they were. Within the stories of heroes that were tattered within Berlin’s mind, the hero would stop the monster no matter what. and after Elizabeth lamented some of the pain these goblins caused, a stir relented Berlin's self-preservation. Through her hurt, she’d do her best to keep a level head, giving the team ques and lending into the planning.

Camila took to stand and look down from the hill, she too was ready for this fight. Berlin mentally sighed. No memories, no real power, and no answers. Did he have much of a different option? “If they’re giving their all, life on the line and blood to be shed, I suppose I could too.” He took a step forward as Iain moved ahead.

Windswept across the hill, blowing Berlin’s hood off his head. His snow-white hair and his iris cloak blew wildly in the breeze. Violet eyes set on the fortress, the sun reflected on his newly determined pupils. Berlin took moment to take it all in, then he followed after Iain.

Mentioned; youngmanrhys youngmanrhys HTCOR HTCOR TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity Loony_Bin Loony_Bin NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

image0.jpg
Rhydian Garefs

Just what exactly were they getting into?

Rhydian's own thoughts seemed to pulsate within his mind, as if each word were a warning urging him to take caution. Reasonably so, for this world felt much different from what he was used to. Behemoths seemed to inhabit this world, to ugly and lacking warriors alike the goblins they had fought earlier; or to the strengths of that one colossal, hobgoblin. The one they called Kazimar. He alone managed to wipe out two members of their party, nearly three if he hadn't stepped in to safeguard the incoming strike aimed for Berlin's life. Even then, what fighting chance did he himself offer? The minute he even created the slightest opening, a startling roar shattered his very bones and rendered him paralyzed. Gods, it still hurt even now. Though, why didn't he finish him off right then and there? It would've been so easy to swing the mighty axe into his skull, and erase him into the pages of history. Even thinking about such an event possibly transpiring made Rhydian's heart ache, and he raised his right hand to rest it upon his temple for but a moment in thought. Hell, he had even forgot the mage had lent him his dagger at this point.

However, he had much more pressing matters to focus on at the moment. Ones that concerned his own life, and that of his forced companions. The archer slowly followed behind Elizabeth as she lead the party up the hill; which let Rhydian get a clear, bird's eye view. Unlike the others, he had a view of what was happening down in the fortress as if it were right in front of him. It was much worse than he had expected.

It seems the goblins were already unrelenting with their torment and torture upon the innocent, and that very thought made him sick. His gaze focused on the bludgeoned, beaten bodies of what he could assume were once living warriors alike him; only they had been unlucky enough to perish at the hands of these imbeciles. Rhydian clenched his fists a moment, his blood seemingly starting to boil and stir with anger. None of them deserved this, and the very fact he was helpless to stop it alone irked him entirely. He had to rely on others now, and damn it all he didn't want to in the slightest. Why was he so weak? Everything about him, and his being felt... sapped entirely. He was simply a mere husk of a warrior that once lived vivaciously, wasn't he? Even if he did die here... it wouldn't matter whatsoever.

"Tch." He bit his lip a moment, but a slight burst of relief came over him. His eyes examined as the ironclad hobgoblin from before, Kazimar, lead a crew of prisoners towards the center of the fortress; where the mass of goblins had gathered for a celebration, more than likely in their earlier victory. Behind that particular, intimidating warrior were his lost companions. Rhydian could see Hatch slung over the warrior's shoulder, yapping away likely insults at his captor. A woman, with a... horse half? He had never seen anything akin to her before, a studied gaze upon her frame for but a moment. Though, he quickly lost interest upon seeing Lorenzo walking alongside her. The poor creature looked dazed, confused, and beaten- and was that a... hoof mark on his face? Behind that duo was someone who looked just as dangerous as he himself did, one who fitted the previous description of Desislava. The pudgy faced, horrendous goblin held his crossbow in his grasp as if his life depended on it and soon it would. It was loaded, and aimed directly at the centaur woman and for good reason too. From what Rhydian could see, she had no bounds upon her whatsoever.

It wasn't long before those heroes themselves were lined up like trophies in front of the goblin party, all eager with excitement for whatever form of entertainment that was preordained to take place. Kazimar himself even stepped forward, and began to beat his chest as if it were Chris Brown walloping on Rihanna once more; his mighty roar signaling something- something Rhydian didn't take all too kindly to. It was now that they needed to hurry. Rhydian quickly etched the memory of the fortress' interior into his mind, and his eyes also followed Desislava to his watchpoint; making a note of that as well.

____

As Elizabeth spoke her words of both foreboding and sorrow, it was even more evident as to why he had been summoned and placed into this very world. As they crouched and began to move forward, Rhydian slowly began explaining what he saw from that heightened point on the hill, in hopes they could come up with a strategy based off that information alone.

"Before we get too close... I saw everything, from up there." He pointed back to his previous position. "All of the goblins are gathered in the centered area, and they've lined up our allies- yes, Hatch and Lorenzo are both still alive and well from what I saw. They're being restrained alongside a... half-horse and half-female hybrid. I saw Kazimar, and watched whom I believe to be Desislava disappear into his own watchpoint from their base. I couldn't see Radomir or Heintz, however... I hope you all forgive me for my blundering on that." He frowned, a bit saddened he couldn't do everything that was needed of him at that very moment.

However, what truly shocked him after saying those words was Iain offering a hand out towards the archer- it wasn't an apology, but perhaps a truce from earlier? Bah! Rhydian didn't even care about the petty argument that had transpired before. More than likely, they were both exhausted given the beating they both took; it was to no surprise that they both were irritable. This man was to be his partner on the battlefield, and it was better to form a healthy relationship rather than a toxic one off the bat. Without hesitation, Rhydian shook Iain's hand and nodded with an understanding motion. He released, and began to move further down the hill for a moment; however he stopped.

"Say, Iain..." He pursed his lips in thought, looking to their surroundings upon the hilly forestry. His gaze then fell to Berlin, and remembered the slight sparks that gave off from his palms. Rhydian then looked back to the countless trees, twigs, and leaves that surrounded them at the very moment. "With everything I told you, a frontal assault would be damn near suicide for those inside and for us. But what if we were able to mask their vision so that we could get close?" Rhydian would propose, before giving a gesture over to Berlin. It was in his hopes that the strategist would hopefully understand what he was getting at.

He had to.

____

Interacting: HTCOR HTCOR TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity

Mentioned: TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity NyxNightmare NyxNightmare Lo Mayn Lo Mayn Loony_Bin Loony_Bin Foxu Foxu calypso calypso

1546209769420.png

? ? ?

Ah, where was I, again, in this tale? Page...seventeen? Thank you. It would have taken us restarting, if I hadn't found such a page! Either way. Let us begin.

So the heroes of this tale have found themselves in quite the predicament. They are resting atop a hill, having journeyed across hills and through forest, after their lost teammates. Two of them mended a broken bridge- hopefully forever in this time. Yet, I can tell you this- they are bound to clash quite severely, at some point. A difference of ideology, one could say.

But I need to cover the basics as well! This might be a bit disjointed, and as such- I do apologize. I need to figure out what I'm saying, and where I am...it's hard to tell this tale, truly- it has its own form of madness twisted in, with a shroud barely hiding it from my eyes- I cannot say that everything will happen as I thought it will.

Seven heroes, summoned by the Beckoning Call of Heroes, an old spell from the Breaking itself, as to take literal legends from the land to combat against the threats against a nation or home. These seven, unlike any ritual before, have had their memories stripped, their abilities torn apart. A shroud lays upon them, preventing any scrying ability from seeing who they truly are- except for the eyes of three. I know that one of them can barely glimpse into their past, and the other two sets of eyes are unable to be found. (Of course, one of such is me! And I am certainly unable to be found unless I wish to be.)

But, here I stand, proud and able, watching these folks try to defend against goblins- most of them weaker than anything that has come before. They lost two members to the hoard, and were dragged away to be executed- yet the rest of the party caught up, and intends to save them! Now we find ourselves upon a hilltop, intending to save these silly heroes, and save the village. Hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back