• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Gods Don’t Bleed

Siren77

Bored Ancient
“Immortal, Invincible, the Deathless came; caressed the throats of weak mortality.” -Galath, The Worker of Secrets (Infinity Blade III)

Life, what a strange and simple concept to understand. We exist and yet we don’t understand why, and so we find it best not to think about it too much. Existentialism can be a bitch after all. However one thing remains consistent with our understand, and that is that death is the end to it all. Death is what ends all things in this life, be it life, love, inspiration, pain, etc. One question to be had is how might a being be able to escape deaths grasp and become that of an immortal? Well, we never had the chance to find out.

The immortals found us instead. Mortal in appearance, and yet Godlike In life. No one knows where they came from, only that they took the land by force almost instantly. Their prowess was unrivaled, and their thrones unchallenged. Demanding to be worshipped as gods, the people of the land were forced to submit to their every wish. Resistance was to be expected eventually though. Mass armies were brought up to fight the immortal warlords, and they would all fall to their blades.

Death had its day after day. A ritual slaughter, fathers and avenging sons, all doomed. It seemed all hope of taking back our world was gone. The immortals were not only unconquerable, but they had many allies from the darkest corners of the world. Innumerable Powerful beasts and monsters were at their disposal, and all in the name of purity and perfection they cut down thousands upon thousands of innocent lives. As their power grew, so too did their lust for more blood and more violence.

We cannot stand by as our world continues to be ruled by these heathens, for if left unchecked surely the land would be plagued by an absolute Armageddon. But what can be done? For it is an axiom of the natural world that death cannot touch those above it?

Alas, sometimes to kill a monster, you must become a monster.

“Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.” -Ezekiel 28:9

((Hello there! So thank you for taking the time to read my silly little preface of a roleplay. I’d like to have about 5-7 members for this, I might allow more depending on how things are looking out. This’ll be a pretty active group so if you can’t reply atleast once or twice a day this might not be the roleplay for you. All around I look forward to this story and seeing where it goes!

Note that differing races are allowed, BUT I require you to over them with me just to ensure nothing too wack is used. This’ll be a strange timeline placement, as while it’ll be mostly medieval there’ll be examples of advanced forms of technology and machines far beyond mortal understanding at the time. If younger have any questions feel free to inquire below!))

So, any further info on the role of the players in the RP? I like this idea, and am interested, you just haven't specified... that much on that aspect.

So, any further info on the role of the players in the RP? I like this idea, and am interested, you just haven't specified... that much on that aspect.
Ah, my bad! Well while I don’t wont to give too much away, the general idea that our protagonists seek out a way to defeat these gods of destruction and free the land from their tyranny. Be it by discovering weapons that allow the death of an immortal, or finding the source of the Gods’ power to use it against them. It’ll involve traversing the land of Diemos and encountering the vast armies that serve the god, even having run ins with the deathless themselves with no coherent way to fight them. Theres a lot of world building involved an Id love for everyone to contribute their ideas and shape the world!

Ah, my bad! Well while I don’t wont to give too much away, the general idea that our protagonists seek out a way to defeat these gods of destruction and free the land from their tyranny. Be it by discovering weapons that allow the death of an immortal, or finding the source of the Gods’ power to use it against them. It’ll involve traversing the land of Diemos and encountering the vast armies that serve the god, even having run ins with the deathless themselves with no coherent way to fight them. Theres a lot of world building involved an Id love for everyone to contribute their ideas and shape the world!

Sounds fair enough, aye.

May I take part in this :o
And Tieflings are wee demons commonly found in the Dungeons and Dragons world. I would also like to pursue a demonic character; however, if that's unacceptable, can I just be a wee (yet kick ass) human?

May I take part in this :o
And Tieflings are wee demons commonly found in the Dungeons and Dragons world. I would also like to pursue a demonic character; however, if that's unacceptable, can I just be a wee (yet kick ass) human?
AH well In that case Tieflings are fair game. As for another demon character, I was already planning for mine to be a demon type character as well so id prefer to keep demonic presence to a minimum xD
(Bonus points if you get that game reference.)

AH well In that case Tieflings are fair game. As for another demon character, I was already planning for mine to be a demon type character as well so id prefer to keep demonic presence to a minimum xD
(Bonus points if you get that game reference.)
It's late and I am brain dead so I won't get that reference, sadly!
That's quite all right! Kick ass human then?

Well, I'm mildly interested if ya got room still. Would something like a Warforged be allowed? (Basically golems of exotic metals and stone and wood) Fair enough if not, and got a fairly decent human planned out if not.

Well, I'm mildly interested if ya got room still. Would something like a Warforged be allowed? (Basically golems of exotic metals and stone and wood) Fair enough if not, and got a fairly decent human planned out if not.
I’m shooting for more humanoid type characters in this instance, though depending on the size of our dear beasty I might allow it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back