• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Gods and Monsters

Derealization

Conductor of the crazy train
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Over 2000 years ago, there was a war between the gods and monsters. Beneath their war the humans suffered, suffering through an onslaught of hardships. The gods knew that this could not go on, so they gave their lives to seal the monsters into the underworld, hoping that one day a new set of gods would return to protect the earth.
Soon after, the humans lost magic. In denial a few took up the mantles of magicians, priests, alchemists, and fortune tellers, though none bore the spark of magic save one fortune teller who, at the steps of a great gothic church, spoke the first prophecy in a hundred years:

As two millennia will pass the shield protecting us from the beasts of the beyond shall fall, and so too will this godless eras!
From the roots of the ancient woodland life shall return
And in the mosaic of stained glass so too shall hope
A lonely scream of despair shall echo from an old cathedral
And the fog on the moors shall return to us magic
An old clock tower shall toll the time
And the shift of paper shall return to us wisdom
When the old brass trumpet shrieks of war
We men shall sleep and turn to dreams
For fortune is found in forgotten gold
A saint's weeping shalt remind us of death
And an old altar will return to us faith
The fire's last embers will burn in chaos
And the violence of steel on steel will return
The shadows approach at the wolf's lonely howl
And mercy will return on wings of light

As the last words pealed from her mouth and arrow pierced her chest and the prophecy was forgotten until 2000 years later when the gods returned to earth as was fortold in a long forgotten prophecy. The new gods kept their existence secret for hundreds of years following, but now the shield keeping monsters in the underworld is faltering. A select few of these beasts have nearly slipped through, and it is the new god's jobs to either make amends or seal them away. Both answers bring uncertainties, and it is up to you to write this story's outcome. But the question is this: will you join us?

-Be as many characters as you can handle, if you want to remove any at any time then PM me
-Be able to write 3+ sentences and use proper grammar
-Hate the character, not the player, bullies aren't allowed!
-Drama and Romance is allowed, do as much as you like, just keep it PG13
-Gore is allowed
-ALL rules apply here and in the thread! Be able to follow them
-Be inclusive, not turning this into a 1x1
-Put a brief snippet of how your character returned to earth in other (try and base it off the prophecy thing)
-I can decline any form, this is my RP, please don't get upset. I won't decline forms cause I don't like you, just something is missing or wrong with it
-Reservations last 1 day, if you don't make your form in that time I'll remove your reservation
-Try to be active please! If you don't respond in 1 week I'll remove your character unless you PM me
-Have fun!
-3 warnings will result in a 1 week ban! 5 bans will get you kicked
-You can die! If you do then feel free to make another with any remaining open spots
-No OP characters, yes I know they are gods but they do have their limits
-No canon characters, and no gods from actual mythology
-I can add monsters from different mythologies if requested, just ask me via PM
-More Rules might be added as needed

Gods

God of Skies
God of Life
God of Hope
God of Despair
God of Magic
God of Wisdom
God of Knowledge
God of War
God of Dreams
God of Fortune
God of Death
God of Faith
God of Chaos
God of Violence
God of Darkness
God of Mercy

Monsters of the Underworld
Sphinx
Chimera
Hydra
Cerberus
Minotaur
Centaur
Orthrus

Forms (things that are not required will have a star next to them)
God

God Name-
God Nickname-
*Mortal Name-
*Mortal Nickname-
*Mortal Age-
Gender-
Sexuality-
Role-
*Mortal Appearance-
God Appearance-
Personality-
Weapon-
Symbol-
Likes-
Dislikes-
Fears-
Best Friends-
Other-

~Creature of the Underworld

Name-
Nickname-
Gender-
Sexuality-
Creature-
Who they hate the most-
Appearance-
Personality-
Backstory?-
Likes-
Dislikes-
Fears-
Other-

Question, how technologically advanced is the world we play in? Since it's definitely over 2000 years old, did things stale out after a while or where are we currently standing?

Question, how technologically advanced is the world we play in? Since it's definitely over 2000 years old, did things stale out after a while or where are we currently standing?
Currently stagnant at around the Age of Enlightenment I think. Without gods in this world everything would have slowed to a halt for longer, and people would have moved on from them

I'm a little interested :,,3 It seems cool!

Heya! It's me! Would like to join!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back