• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Gods Among Us- OCC

Agent23

"Honey!!! Wheres my Supersuit?"
Mankind has always had tales of gods, the norse, the greek, egyptian and countless others. However these pantheons are all one and the same, ancient mans best attempt at understanding what they were seeing and hearing from the true gods. Seven true gods have always ruled over the planet earth and its nearby celestial bodies, possessing knowledge and power far beyond the imaginations of man they taught the humans and tried to curb the apes baser instincts and elevate them to the point where they would be like them.

But it turned out earth was not the only world with life, and with each world there were Seven more gods with varied goals as to what the purpose of their creation should be. While they seemed to agree on nothing there was one consensus among them, the goal of the Gods of earth would lead to the universes doom as humans had proven unworthy of the lofty goals of their attendants. These gods would spend thousands of years attempting to slay earths gods only to discover that while these young naive gods lacked many things power was not one of them.

After many thousands of years and many times which the aftermath of their divine battles knocked man back to the stone age the earth deities realized that they were the targets not the humans they hoped to elevate. So they made a pact to fake their death and live amongst the humans hidden but still guiding them. For nearly ten thousand years this has proven effective with the gods rarely intervening to save mankind either from itself or from the dangers of the cosmos but always without revealing themselves. However this has come to an end when the Alien god Yawl discovered their continued existence and informed the pantheons reigniting their desire for mankind's destruction.

Now the seven gods of earth must decide wether to preserve humanity, or let them perish and start over. Do they risk themselves to repel an onslaught of celestial deities, or remain hidden to rebuild from the ashes. For the first time the Seven seem divided with war right around the corner and victory seemingly fleeing from them. Already the alien followers of their gods begin to head to earth, monsters brought from other dimensions spawn, and humanity seems grossly under prepared. What will become of the earth and its inhabitants? Only the gods among us can decide.

(Hi guys so this is sorta a new twist on a god based rp i wanted to make but with the sheer multitude of gods to choose from it quickly can get out of hand. As such ive come up with this way of organizing it. Each of the 7 inspired countless myths in their own right but again there are only 7. Their cosmic powers while similar to the myths they inspire may have been exaggerated and even misunderstood but the high concepts usually remain there. For example Odin, Zeus, Ra, Quetzalacoatl they were all the "leader of gods" or "high father" concept and all draw their mythos from the same deity who is the Leader of the 7 (played by myself) while Hermes or Mercury both would be considered the "Messenger god" architype. In short you chose and archtype, pick what mythos they inspire and decide from their pool of abilities which ones you possess.

Archetypes
Leader of the gods - Taken
Advisor of the leader - Open
Scholar of the Gods - Open
Messenger of the Gods - Open
Undertaker of the Gods - Open
Warrior of the Gods - Open
Craftsman of the Gods - Open

These roles are not gender locked so your myths inspired can be of male and female or neither. This comes from the shared list of abilities all gods possess at varying levels.

Powers all gods possess.
Shapeshifting, Superhuman strength, superhuman durability, super human speed, superhuman stamina, supernatural senses, Power bestowal, Empowered Offspring, Mortal Soul manipulation, Creation.

Other abilities such as weather manipulation, fire manipulation, etc are free to pick but the gods base abilities alone are quite powerful so there is no need to make a super long list and try to be the strongest, just assume that all seven of the gods are equal in power just manifest that power in a variety of ways.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions and if anyone knows how to code this to make it look pretty then please let me know and ill be eternally grateful. Bye ;P​

Id be up for this as either Messenger or Undertaker (Depending on what you view their purview is)

Id be up for this as either Messenger or Undertaker (Depending on what you view their purview is)
Undertaker- Basically death and the underworld and mortal soul reincarnation. Interesting fellow.
Messenger- Essentially communications expert of the gods and founder of languages.

Yeah idea for that one was based on the death character from the Sandman series.

It was one of the inspirations for this in fact. Death would be Undertaker

Leader would be Destiny

So Anubis, Scathach, Hel, Hades/Pluto, Kali, Shinigami and a few others....though was going to mix in the fictional ones as well for bits of fun.

Indeed your battle cry hath been heard. Physically speaking your god should be the strongest.
Hell yeah! Quick question, will the Earth set in present times? I'm kinda curious how being repeatedly reset to the Stone Age panned out lol.

Hell yeah! Quick question, will the Earth set in present times? I'm kinda curious how being repeatedly reset to the Stone Age panned out lol.
Yes its modern day. The 7 gods are about 2.5 million years old and used their power to bring man from the Neanderthal to the cromagnon. The last hard reset was 6500 years ago when the Alien god Tyranex arrived. He inspired the mythos for typhoon and chronos and nearly destroyed all 7 when he Ate the leader and started using his power as his own. The advisor woke him up while the others fought him and upon his awakening he attacked his insides making the op deity die from a two pronged assault.

During that battle the world flooded, volcanoes everywhere erupted and the moon was struck so hard it shotgun blasted the earth with moon rocks, hence the hard reset

During that battle the world flooded, volcanoes everywhere erupted and the moon was struck so hard it shotgun blasted the earth with moon rocks, hence the hard reset
Gee, guess I can't blame them for that lmfao. Thank you!

Gee, guess I can't blame them for that lmfao. Thank you!
To be fair the gods have never just decided to reset. Usually they save a handful of people and use them to rebuild the population. Atlantis was a similar event, and again before that was Mú

To be fair the gods have never just decided to reset. Usually they save a handful of people and use them to rebuild the population. Atlantis was a similar event, and again before that was Mú
Interesting! In that case, do the humans they keep to repopulate also keep their memories?

Interesting! In that case, do the humans they keep to repopulate also keep their memories?
Usually yes. Thats where most mythology comes from in fact. Those who survived telling tales of what the world before was. Then the telephone game butchers those and we get crazy stories that defy reason.

Usually yes. Thats where most mythology comes from in fact. Those who survived telling tales of what the world before was. Then the telephone game butchers those and we get crazy stories that defy reason.
Wow, I love that! This is so cool. I'm looking forward to Thursday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back