Experiences GodModding stories?

Jexoid

Godmodders are annoying. To people who have gotten into RP’s with people who turned out to be God modders, what was your story?

In Resident evil there’s literally this guy that uses Weskers son but not Jakey boy his OC. He would literally have like this sword called Sally that would kill anyone super fast.

Ok I’m salty he didn’t wanna be in a rp relationship with me and we rped for a long time together and he had a relationship with the owner! The only person I can play as is Sherry I mean she’s cool but I wanna be someone else.

The worst experience for me with a god mod obsessed rp partner, was a dude who would not, under any circumstances, allow my characters to have a say in the story. When I complained about him hijacking my characters he accused me of being dramatic and insisted that he was just improving my writing. Ya girl was pissed.

it got worse when any action scenes would come and he would auto dodge or auto hit constantly. To the point without warning he straight up killed one of my characters without my permission while I was away in a spam messages without my replies.

i blocked him shortly after that.

The worst experience for me with a god mod obsessed rp partner, was a dude who would not, under any circumstances, allow my characters to have a say in the story. When I complained about him hijacking my characters he accused me of being dramatic and insisted that he was just improving my writing. Ya girl was pissed.

it got worse when any action scenes would come and he would auto dodge or auto hit constantly. To the point without warning he straight up killed one of my characters without my permission while I was away in a spam messages without my replies.

i blocked him shortly after that.

Damn.

Had a guy in one of the crossover RPs that I played go through and cherry-pick the best parts of a whole bunch of sci-fi canons and graft them together to try to make himself unstoppable. It really didn't bother me so much that he was doing it, but that he was so ham-fisted about it. Like, slapping things together without any care for what kind of internal conflict would arise, or whether or not these groups would actually work together. If you're going to do that, at least give me a good story, you know? Anyway, things came to a head when he decided that in addition to having Jedi and Sith, he wanted to run the entirety of the Imperium of Man from Warhammer 40k. Also, if the rulebooks changed, they had to be immediately retconned. It quickly went from being a minor nuisance to being a complete nightmare.

Also, he had a nasty habit of ghosting on other players if it looked like he was going to lose in an encounter. C'mon, dude.

I think I already told this story in a thread about bad roleplaying experiences, but to put it in a nutshell, it was in a group rp, the party of a few characters was exploring a dungeon. One player's character killed or injured all other characters in the party because their character was so strong, without getting consent from any of the players. Needless to say, the rp died out shortly after that as well.

It's not fun, I agree.

Had a guy in one of the crossover RPs that I played go through and cherry-pick the best parts of a whole bunch of sci-fi canons and graft them together to try to make himself unstoppable. It really didn't bother me so much that he was doing it, but that he was so ham-fisted about it. Like, slapping things together without any care for what kind of internal conflict would arise, or whether or not these groups would actually work together. If you're going to do that, at least give me a good story, you know? Anyway, things came to a head when he decided that in addition to having Jedi and Sith, he wanted to run the entirety of the Imperium of Man from Warhammer 40k. Also, if the rulebooks changed, they had to be immediately retconned. It quickly went from being a minor nuisance to being a complete nightmare.

Also, he had a nasty habit of ghosting on other players if it looked like he was going to lose in an encounter. C'mon, dude.

Why do I get the feeling I know specifically who this is.

Wait there's a lot of people who do this kind of thing.

Yeah I've had some pretty foul experiences with scifi crossover RP and godmodders. Really It's not even worth the time to go into the specifics since everyone here either knows exactly what I'm talking about or probably doesn't care. People who just take Star Wars, Halo, Transformers, Gundam, Warhammer, or whatever they're a fan of, remove all the weaknesses of the faction and buff the speed, durability and power feats of the characters and military units to absurd levels, upscale the ships and add cartoonish amount of weapons and then proceed to call it their original scifi faction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back