• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Godling Academy (OOC)

jj9095 jj9095 Also, I'm probably going to need to iron out this character with you... No idea what mechanics you have in mind for magic, so I'm just throwing out the concepts I have in mind.

jj9095 jj9095 Also, I'm probably going to need to iron out this character with you... No idea what mechanics you have in mind for magic, so I'm just throwing out the concepts I have in mind.
If you want put your idea for the character here and I can help you with the magic section. Mainly though, for mortals they do not have any idea about powers yet and through time in the Godling Academy people will slowly realize they have powers or be helped with their powers in class atmospheres. The teachers will also mention what kind of power each God/Goddess should have if anything.
The easiest way is to see what kind of main powers your God/Goddess had and use that for your main outlets. We just don't want someone completely overpowering everyone else

If you want put your idea for the character here and I can help you with the magic section. Mainly though, for mortals they do not have any idea about powers yet and through time in the Godling Academy people will slowly realize they have powers or be helped with their powers in class atmospheres. The teachers will also mention what kind of power each God/Goddess should have if anything.
The easiest way is to see what kind of main powers your God/Goddess had and use that for your main outlets. We just don't want someone completely overpowering everyone else
There are three main things that I feel could be an issue:
Magical Insight/Talent - Sherri is inventive and tricky, especially when it comes to magic. She has the smarts and ability to apply magic in ways others don't think of and can't replicate with eerie precision and mastery. She's quick and eager to learn, and will go out of her way to attain new knowledge.

Ethereal Perception - Sherri can't see spirits or other things that are not normally perceptible, but she does get a sort of gut feeling when something of that nature is nearby and/or approaching.
Magical notes - a notepad that can't be destroyed, when held by Sherri she can choose to write down what she's thinking, making words and images magically appear on the paper. The notepad has 150 pages, and Sherri can choose to erase certain bits to make more room if she ever runs out.
I tried to stick with Hecate's themes, but since my character has very thin blood I made sure the abilities leaned more towards talents and slight effects rather than outright active abilities like tossing lightning bolts.

There are three main things that I feel could be an issue:
Magical Insight/Talent - Sherri is inventive and tricky, especially when it comes to magic. She has the smarts and ability to apply magic in ways others don't think of and can't replicate with eerie precision and mastery. She's quick and eager to learn, and will go out of her way to attain new knowledge.

Ethereal Perception - Sherri can't see spirits or other things that are not normally perceptible, but she does get a sort of gut feeling when something of that nature is nearby and/or approaching.
Magical notes - a notepad that can't be destroyed, when held by Sherri she can choose to write down what she's thinking, making words and images magically appear on the paper. The notepad has 150 pages, and Sherri can choose to erase certain bits to make more room if she ever runs out.
I tried to stick with Hecate's themes, but since my character has very thin blood I made sure the abilities leaned more towards talents and slight effects rather than outright active abilities like tossing lightning bolts.

I actually like the notepad from Hecate! My only suggestion would be that in the beginning she may have difficulties conjuring specific things? Start her off slow like apples and critters and slowly but surely she can learn throughout school how to create tigers and soon larger beasts. We want to make sure that they learn through time and it becomes a process.

For Ethereal Perception I would also say through time she could see the ghosts, and speak to them in the future as well. The more and more a character gets in tune with her God/Goddess the more they become that God/Goddess.

What do you think?

I also think Sherri is going to be a great friend to my character ;) My character (that I have not named yet) is going to follow Athena's path.

I actually like the notepad from Hecate! My only suggestion would be that in the beginning she may have difficulties conjuring specific things? Start her off slow like apples and critters and slowly but surely she can learn throughout school how to create tigers and soon larger beasts. We want to make sure that they learn through time and it becomes a process.

For Ethereal Perception I would also say through time she could see the ghosts, and speak to them in the future as well. The more and more a character gets in tune with her God/Goddess the more they become that God/Goddess.

What do you think?

I also think Sherri is going to be a great friend to my character ;) My character (that I have not named yet) is going to follow Athena's path.
I think that sounds great! I think Sherri is more interested in throwing around bolts of energy and cursing people than conjuring things... There's a cool factor to magic, you know!

I think that sounds great! I think Sherri is more interested in throwing around bolts of energy and cursing people than conjuring things... There's a cool factor to magic, you know!
I'm looking into Hecate and she was seen normally carrying around a torch. So instead of having bolts of lightning or something, maybe she could slowly have bolts of fire coming out of her hands or something? I want to make sure each character has their own thang. Cursing people is a go for it lol. Have all the fun you want rhyming and cursing people out. Especially with potions? We'll for sure having a potion class that Sherri can learn some curses and books that maybe my Athena character can help her find in the library later ;)

Hey JJ
Are we doing the 1 male and 1 female of the gods again
Or are we just doing one of each?

Hey JJ
Are we doing the 1 male and 1 female of the gods again
Or are we just doing one of each?
NICO!!! So excited that you are here :)

We are doing maximum 2 each (male or female does not matter) but I would prefer that we have 1 of each God/Goddess and from there we can start getting a 2nd one for each. If you REALLY want one that's already taken tho that's perfectly fine. No complaints from me.

I might go with Iris or Hypnos
Idk if I'll bring Damian back (I actually really hate his character now that I look back years ago)

I was gonna bring my friend but idk if she can join until Summer.

I'm also excited to be here JJ! :D
I missed GA so much, it was my first REAL rp ;w;

I should be sleeping...
Yeah, I am officially going to bed. Will chat with all of ya'll tomorrow <3 I also updated the available gods/goddesses left in the [OPEN] Thread for invites so people know. If I missed something, someone let me know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back