• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Godless- The Realm of Thuell

Deepfish

The Fishiest of Fish in the Deepest of Depths.
Roleplay Availability
F4D32809-F5AD-4036-A99C-202D94A48D87.jpeg
(This story is about 14 years old. Made it a while ago in my school days as a Dnd campaign. I cant believe i found this notebook. I hope the story brings as much joy to yall as it has to me over the years.)
~~~
The Creation and Destruction of Man

This is the world of Thuell. 11,000 years ago it was a primal and savage world, then the Gods came. Hundreds of these strange mystical beings who could manipulate the fabric of reality itself using magic. They created countless lifeforms out of what already existed And would go on to teach these lifeforms to harness the powers of change similar to how they themselves could. While they used whim and thoughts, they taught their creations to use tools and science. Things would go well for a time, as their creations curiosities remained innocent and harmless. Yet after nearly 10,000 years the most intelligent of the gods creations would begin to inquire about the gods true power…Magic. When they were denied these creatures would seek the knowledge without consent from their makers. Eventually they would be able to manifest their first spells and the gods knew this would be a problem.

The gods however were fickle and saw little to no value in these animals turned sentients. So, a little over a 1,000 years ago the gods began their plan to exterminate the planet and start anew. Pooling their magic together, they thinned out the atmosphere and strengthened the light this world got from its star. A drought of proportions never before seen began and the world dried and died. Forests shriveled up, oceans evaporated away. Death seemed inevitable for all. Yet there was one who had yet to give up, the devout cleric Balmond Kareenel went on a pilgrimage through the growing desert to seek the god he followed, one of Justice and Peace. Upon finding this god he learned the truth. The gods had forsaken them altogether, and decreed they should die.

In his fury at this revelation of betrayal the cleric took the gods own sword, and smote the god who was weakened by the drain of the gods enchantment. Upon doing so Balmond absorbed the essence of said god and became Divine himself. The gods took this as an act of war and began to slaughter their creation in earnest. Thus balmond responded in kind, declaring war on the gods he would rush to the last known city of mankind to meet the gods on the field of battle. Hopelessly outnumbered and overpowered as he was, the gods were arrogant and proud, thus they revealed their own plans machinations as if to brag about how brilliant their plan was. Upon learning that the gods had stored their magic in a secret weapon, balmond left the battlefield and rushed to find it, and even though a few attempted to stop him, he was successful.

Draining the Stored magic he not only managed to stop their drought curse, but he was also powerful enough to end the conflict. 57 gods were struck down before they that remained bowed the knee, they would be banished to the center of the great desert they had created with their own evil plans. Sadly this desert would encompass 90% of the planet. Luckily, balmond found a tenth of the planet, which had been covered by ice caps when all this started. With the ice melted what remained was two large seas split by a small continent. It was lush and still thriving. So he took the bulk of the remaining magic he took from the gods and wove a protective storm around this land and went to wander the world in search of survivors.
~~~
The Rise of man, And fall of the Man-God

In all the world he found only seven families. So he took them and lead them to a safe path through his storm to the preserved land. There he found a large open grassland and would carve out small towns for each family, would use his magic to remove any genetic abnormalities and bolster their telomeres so that they could repopulate the world. In honor of his efforts, the people would name this collection of towns Kareen, and call it the first nation of man. While they built homes, Balmond would explore this strange land, finding ancient creatures that predated the arrival of the gods, such as Dragons, Baloths (dinosaurs), And ogres. For several hundred years he would tour the lands naming places and things as he went, but in his absence mankind would forget his kindness, and upon his return he was viewed as an outsider and a stranger, yet one who technically ruled them, a fact that did not set well with the family heads.

the towns had become cities, and of the Seven families, there rose heads of the families who wished to become kings. Thus they planned to take the throne from balmond. But two of the seven Familial heads remained loyal to Balmond. Thus they were not told of the plan to come. The five lords who agreed to the usurpation plan acted while the other two were away. They stole the sword balmond had used to cut down gods and managed to plunge the blade into balmond. This wounded him but would not kill him, however they anticipated this and had prepared a large iron casket to house the wounded god. More than a hundred mages would spend their life’s essence sealing this casket in a way that would slow the gods healing. In just a matter of minutes they had sealed the god and freed the throne. But it was costly. The mages who wove the runes would not survive, and though the scuffle was brief, two of the traitorous family heads were cut down.

The remaining three family heads would call themselves kings. The two loyalists were chained and given to the tactician who thought up the plan. One lord would take Kareen making it a nation of its own under gis rule. The second lord was given the territory west of Kareen, Now known as Okube, and also was given custody of the Loyalist Family heads. While the third traitor was given the northwestern wild lands. The second Traitor lord, Now the first king of Okube, had enough of bloodshed and treachery, so rather than execute the two loyalist lords, he banished each one with their families and loyal servants to the untamed great islands to the north east. Each was sent to a different island.

Meanwhile the third lord would begin to spread through the wilds, with thoughts of evil ambition driving him.
~~~
The dividing of mankind, and the birth of Nations.

Five hundred years after mankind was given the lush paradise by balmond, they turned on him and sealed him away dividing the gift they had given him into territories. Shortly after this began the first of many wars to come. The Kordovan expansionary war.

As Kareen grew more powerful, Okube got itself established, and The loyalists began to Form Both Gaimont and Theanos respectively, The third traitor lord had been hard at work rapidly expanding his reign through the northwestern continent. By the time the throne passed to his grandson it was a nation rivaling any other in both size and population. Because of this he felt bold enough to attempt to unite the world under one banner and thus began to launch raids on Okube. This quickly gained the notice of The other nations and after a few short years, the Powerful nation of Kareen, the Budding nation of Okube, And the Small settlements of Theanos and Gaimont would all come together and strike at the heard of Kordov. This would fracture this nation into four countries that still struggle with one another today. it would also serve to set the stage for things to come, it seemed that mankind would no longer know peace in the times to come.
~~~
The present day.

Five hundred years after the Betrayal of Balmond, and the world is beginning to groan. Tensions are at an all time high with skirmishes breaking out between nations. The wealthy hoard resources to bolster armies, and the poor have begun to starve and suffer disease. Fears of full scale war braking out between the eight nations has been growing, and with all nations beginning the preparations for war like has never been seen before, no one has much hope that the dreaded conflict will pass them by.

Yet it is not just mankind that seems to feel these changes, magic has begun acting strangely, the magical beasts becoming more aggressive, as are their mundane counterparts. Even the Protective storm of the Man-Gods own design, the one keeping the desert from expanding has begun to subside. However some people have felt greater changes than others. A handful of individuals across the world have begun having strange dreams where a figure talks to them.

“Bring me my power…
I shall share it with you…
I shall flip this broken world on its head…
And you who sit at the bottom…

Shall find yourself at the top…”

These people have been chosen for an journey of unparalleled importance, their decisions will either damn the remains of mankind, or save them. Only time will tell which outcome is Fate.
~~~
(lore, OCC, and Cs coming Today. Lore is long, may take up to two days but its written so maybe i can have it done by today??? Don’t quote me on that.)​

Here is the OCC for now Ayama Ayama & Caffeinated Joy Caffeinated Joy

The lore has some grammatical errors in the original script so i am working through them. Please bear with me.

After the national lore I’m going to put up the lore and functions of magic, and a few of the Legendary characters that already exist (kings of Theanos and Gaimont)

Here is lore so far. Im working on the countries/cities still, waiting on my friend to txt me the papers i left in his car… but i DID put up the way magic works in this world. This will not encompass EVERYTHING to do with magic, but it is the fundamental science behind magic, the history of how it arrived on the planet, and the distinctions of the energies associated with it. This will help in the development of spells and different magical specialties like being a fire mage or a healer. It can also allow you to design your own unique method of magic use even creating small magic schools or independent teachers.

If you’d like to make a large scale mage college of some famous fabled assassins mage academy let me know and we can figure out how to include it in the world.

Ok you guys. Lore is finally done for now. I still gotta do the cities but i am debating leaving them alone for the time being so you giys can mold individual cities to your backstories so long as it doesnt directly conflict with the lore.

I added some legendary character things.

Dont worry either, i will not be actually Playing the two kings of the north, just NPC steering them for plot progression and quest giving.

The CS will be up TODAY 100%. I give it between 1-7 hours depending on how this coming storm effects the signal in my office.

Alright peeps. As promised

Here is the cs thread. I have two heroes ill be posting at a later time but feel free to go ahead with yours if you want.

Let me know if you need help or have any questions about the lore and wether or not a concept works.

Haven’t roleplayed on this site in awhile but this looks interesting.

Haven’t roleplayed on this site in awhile but this looks interesting.
That makes me feel very good. I hope you are doing well.

Please come on in, the water is fine.

So i believe everything is in order for character creation to begin.

We should be able to kick this off Once we have like 2 more players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back