• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Kritas studied Caesura, weighing her words as she spoke. Calculations ran through his mind, trying to construct a cost-benefit analysis of trusting this otherworldly being. He was familiar with deception though, and the fae were not ones for outright lies. Although the situation may be slightly more complex than what was being presented now, the only way to learn more was to be accommodating.

"Well, the Low Races are more than familiar with the destructive forces of others. If you oppose such forces, then I see now reason to stop you. Rather the contrary, in fact. If you wish to enlist Orrin and Zaal to help you, perhaps you would not mind me tagging along? I do not seek employment, of course, for I could not truthfully claim to work *for* you. But a temporary allegiance for our mutual benefit? The Order has a vested interest in anything or anyone that can help defend Camblin, inadvertently or no." The last part is said with a smile.

"What say you, Orrin? I'm afraid I've assumed you were interested in the fair lady's offer. Was that assumption correct?"

Orrin gets up out of the dirt, dusting himself off. "'Horrors from beyond', eh?"

He thinks for a moment, before speaking once more. "We can discuss compensation later. There is... something I need to handle outside of Tyvvor, anyways. Maybe we can all travel together for the time being, help each other with our woes, see what we make of them?"

"In that case, Caesura, where would your fight against these 'horrors from beyond' take us first?"

Caesura stills, brow furrowed for several seconds before replying. "Mr. Velkin, Mr. Orrin. This is not a matter to be taken lightly. I will raise a great city, and when I begin my work they will come. Should Mr. Orrin fail all who find shelter and succor within its walls will die. Mr. Velkin, you are free to bear witness as you please, but unless your masters wish to grant a stranger carte blanche to rebuild their city, I think I will be of little help in defending your Camblin. Mr. Orrin, If you have a task to complete abroad, it must be completed before I begin. The enemy is canny, and they will strike while you are far afield if they can. What must you do, and how can I expedite it? I need only a suitable location, defensible with a large volume of fresh water, and your assurance of security to begin."

"I will take you up on that offer, lady Caesura." Kritas said.
"Aye, I think traveling together for a while is wise, Orrin. Whatever you need to handle, if it threatens Tybor, and by extension Camblin, you will have all the aid I can give you." He rises from his seat, the chair dissolving into smoke as he does so. "Let me just inform the Council of the developments, and then I am ready to head off. Say, within an hour or so?"

"Now, hold on, how long of a process are we talking here? I have obligations to the town of Tyvvor, you know," Orrin replies.

"Look, there is a creature wandering the countryside that no mortal folk around here will be able to handle on their own. I need to track it down and deal with it. If you can help with that, I might be able to help protect your city as it is built. We will need to work on a more permanent solution from there."

just then a great reptilian roar could be heard as a giant formiddable looking lizard with a boney axe where its nose shouled be. (hard as steel and razor sharp also) charges, running on the side of a building at one point, looking to bit Orrin in half with razor-sharp teeth before he could react (not an instant death attack). The beast's single mindedness makes it clear that it was acting under clear orders and Orrin seemed to be its primary target. This is a worthy foe so we are looking at normal damage (i made it easier so we dont need a table that normal damage is 1/3 straight damage. And fray die will not affect this thing). If anyone takes an action, it uses Faster Than Thought.

Attachments

• 6b511a54941001f5f3275b4bc77516a0--year--xbox.jpg
    6b511a54941001f5f3275b4bc77516a0--year--xbox.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Orrin pries himself from the great beasts jaws, having been taken by surprise!

"Damn it all, looks like the problem has come to us!"

Orrin steps back, winding up a strike. As he steps in for the strike he lets it loose, his fist giving off a deafening CRACK akin to thunder as his uppercut shatters the sound barrier, the full force directed upward at the beast's chin!

Zaal knows what he should do, but doesn't know if he can. Nothing ventured...as his power tells him he says "cover your ears!" He says as he backs up. He takes off his hat and opens his mouth. A blast of high-pitched sound emerges from his throat and slams against the creature. It is thrown back, but is suprisingly alive. "What the...wasnt it nearly dead?"

Last edited:
Caesura looks on in bewildered shock as a massive lizard bears down on Orrin with its terrible jaws, only to see him pry himself loose and strike the beast with enough force to generate a colossal shockwave that sends her robes billowing around her and forces her to shield her eyes. Still, incredibly, the beast stands, and through the ringing in her covered ears - that was a encore she could do without - she can see the fetter binding its soul to this plane, straining nearly to breaking to keep it from the pull of the black gates. "It cannot die. Yet. What holds it here cannot hold for long. Hold it off! I will tell you when its magic fails."

The fates mock me. I could not have wished for a better test.

[Once the creature becomes vulnerable, Caesura will cry, "Now!" so no one has to hold on that.]

As the creature appears and ramapges, Kritas shares Caesura's look of shock and bewilderment. He winces as the creature lunges at Orrin, but fortunately this new friend seem to be hold back, and even wound the great beast. As Zaal enters the fray, Kritas gathers his composure to do the same. Just as he is about to cast a spell, Caesura's words ring through the air. Best hold off on the heavy stuff

He takes a few steps back, as a crossbow manifests in his arms. "A bit mundane and crude for my tastes, but it will have to do."
He takes aim, and fires a bolt at the beast. Alas, his aim falters and the bolt does not strike true, instead bouncing harmlessly off the thick scales of the mighty beast. Hopefully Orrin still had the strength to do what his companions evidently could not.

Last edited:
Orrin grunts as he narrowly ducks the bite.

"Not enough for you, eh? Then have at you!" He swings at the skullosaur with a 'normal' punch this time, though 'normal' for him is still closer to the blow of a battering ram used in a siege than it is to the sort of punch any mortal man can throw.

With great fortune, the hit strikes true, hitting the creature in the torso with a meaty smack!

"Might as well go big to make sure it dies...unless someone wants it alive? If not, cover your ears." (not taking action yet. looking for responses)

Last edited:
Kritas saw no value in keeping the great beast alive. "If you have the means to bring it down, my good man, then by all means to do!" he shouted as he covered his ears.

"I don't have many offensive powers so we'll stick with this." He trusts thjat his companions are shielding their ears effectively as he leans forward, delivering an ear-splitting shriek that's sure to send it to its maker. (hide ur glass objects too lol)...and fails spectacularely.

Last edited:
Kritas holds out his right hand, open with palm facing towards the sky. With the other hand, he retrieves the elaborate, eight inch long crane-shaped blade from his belt and places it upon his palm. With the tip of the blade pointing towards the best, he extends his hand and utters a few words steeped in power.

With tremendous speed, the blade takes flight and races towards the monster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back