• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Godbound: Throne of the Azyrinth Extra Page

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
by this morning, i mean this evening. Today is shaping up to be a busy day at work for me :C

That big dino is prolly pretty fast, Kritas won't be able to outrun it. I GUESS he'll try and help out in the fight instead, lol.

I actually just realized that Kritas doesn't have any means of escaping danger once he's in it. He kinda relies on foresight and staying hidden to survive. It's a good thing he has made such STRONK friends. :)

if u really want to, zaal can make sure you escape but this thing's almost dead, surely you have some magic that will work

if u really want to, zaal can make sure you escape but this thing's almost dead, surely you have some magic that will work
w0t

Ok I definitely misjudged its durability lol. Still, nice to get a chance to flex LGT.

I'll try to finally get that description up tonight, sorry I didn't yesterday :P

Dude, you did 14 Hit Doce worth of damage! You could've smashed a giant in half with that hit lol
Well caec did say it took the other group 4 rounds dealing straight damage, I thought we were just getting ultra-hardballed :vP

Yea LGT is an absolute early-game hammer. It'll get even worse when we get to level 2 and Orrin has Faster Than Thought, effectively letting him potentially do two of those before an enemy can even act ;)

It's getting late so I might not get that description in, but I'll edit it into my post so you guys can continue the turn order in the meantime. In case you need to know it, most of what i intend to say is that something audibly cracked in its jaw :vD

w0t

Ok I definitely misjudged its durability lol. Still, nice to get a chance to flex LGT.

I'll try to finally get that description up tonight, sorry I didn't yesterday
hmmmm i just took damage reduction off of it as per player request...i can put it back...low HP triggered damage reduction...

How does damage reduction work in this game? If I recall, in D&D DR reduces HP damage by a flat amount if you don't meet some criteria (like being magical enough), but nothing has HD DR, does it?

i decided using HP AND HD is too complex, but it doesnt matter what u have under the hood...DR will protect it. Why can't I just start using it the d&d way?

Well, in D&D DR only applies to certain kinds of damage, like 'fire' or 'bashing' and usually doesn't apply to magic weapons.

DR is also incredibly strong in a system that naturally caps out at 1d4 damage without something like Loosening God's Teeth! DR 4 'everything' would make something functionally invincible against most Godbound tier opponents!

What sort of DR did you want to give out, and against what damage would it apply? If Caesura does emotional damage, or Orrin makes his fists into magic weapons, or Kritas casts a spell, would the DR apply to all of that?

I could make it a 1d3 roll with no mod against all damage....or unkillable like from raid shadow legends where nothing can reduce it's HP to 0 until it's next turn...open to other suggestions

I would prefer not to incorporate DR at all. I feel like it would push the game towards higher numbers, which I think is something the design actively tries to avoid.

A 'last stand' power that halts damage at 1 HP unless already at 1 HP seems perfectly reasonable, but could be obnoxious if combined with healing.

I don't think DR is a good idea for this game, unless there are existing powers that grant it. If DR exists, it should be against a specific damage type an enemy is resistant to, like a god of fire having DR against fire damage.

Last edited:
A 'last stand' power that halts damage at 1 HP unless already at 1 HP seems perfectly reasonable, but could be obnoxious if combined with healing.
until...? its next action? I was leaning toward that ruling anyway. some enemies have an ability like dnds fast healing only slower, but those enemies have clear weaknesses. this is not such an enemy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back