• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Godbound: Throne of the Azyrinth Extra Page

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
no, i do not like simply agreeing which "good guy" goes first
Ah, I see, so we're rolling amongst the players to find out who goes when within the Good Guys turn.

its in a town
Right, but it's a small town and we went out into a field for the little fighting demonstration of Orrin's ability. Caesura didn't want him damaging the town if he proved as capable as wild rumour suggested.

Ok ok ok, we can make this work. I think it's caecgirls intention to houserule initiative in as an Attribute Check, in which case it wouldn't be a save so you're forced to use Dex, and it is in fact a d20 roll. Though, that does imply we could get an initiative boost by using a fact. (devious thoughts)
there is a saying "Temptith not thy GM." :P
look, I'm very happy how this turned out :D
i thought we just left the tavern
this was my assumption too

Ok ok ok, we can make this work. I think it's caecgirls intention to houserule initiative in as an Attribute Check, in which case it wouldn't be a save so you're forced to use Dex, and it is in fact a d20 roll. Though, that does imply we could get an initiative boost by using a fact. (devious thoughts)
yes

if your a good little boy, Santa caecgirl mighjtg even approve your initiative boosting fact :P
Honestly my goal is to use all my facts to just get a metric frickton of Lesser Strifes just for the sake of having them (because I think one of Orrin's long term objectives will be to make his own Strife C: ), so that will probably wait until waaaaay lategame

Ah! I see. It looks like Word of God (the author of the book, when answering questions on Reddit) says that non-physical attacks do indeed get a stat bonus to their damage dice, and that whatever stat seems appropriate can be chosen. I can't find anything about attacks without an attack roll, though.

It doesn't appear to? I posted the text of the ability above.

1/3rd rounding down? So 0-2 = 0, 3-5 = 1, 6-8 = 2, 9-11 = 3, 12 = 4?

How does the absence of the table hurt him? Oh, because a 1d10 is much less likely to get a 4 when you have to reach 12?

Rolling initiative: 3

what is your dex mod?

I will be able to post in about 12h!

There is ansolutely NO WAY Kritas will be the first to engage the giant dino though, so Orrin/Caesura can go regardless of my roll

Hypothetically, could Orrin use Stronger Than You to grapple it, and then use Shoulders Wide As The World to pick it up off the ground while grappled and carry it somewhere more convenient to fight?

as much as i said i dont like to just agree on who goes first. turn order: Orrin, Zaal, Caesura, Kritas. sounds good, Orrin. Too bad you dont have descent of the mountain. If you did, you could deal damage at the same time. Stronger than you is constant. That means it is always on which means you don't "use" it. Anyway, you still have an action.

Also, note that you can use any of your gifts as miracles by committing effort for the day!

as much as i said i dont like to just agree on who goes first. turn order: Orrin, Zaal, Caesura, Kritas.
May I ask why? Seems that this way we save time and all the PCs act before NPCs anyway? Just curious to hear your reasoning :)

Oh, Caesura can cancel one attack for free per scene. Is 3 damage a lot, Sizniche Sizniche ? Let me know if you want me to cancel any attack you take for the team.
3 damage is a pretty typical hit as far as I understand. If attack negations aren't something you have in droves, save it for something pivotal, like an attack rolled straight.

Ok, so since it seems we're making our rolls here, I'm gonna roll my attack here. I'm obviously using Loosening God's Teeth, because if it takes 12 rounds of rolled-straight attacks to bring down and has gifts, this thing ain't playin'.

So, 16 on the attack roll, and 14 damage straight if it hits. If it misses, that still shakes out to 4 damage by the divide-by-3 rules since a miss with LGT becomes a normal hit.

One effort left after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back