• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Godbound: Throne of the Azyrinth Extra Page

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Random Word Random Word Tachyon Tachyon Ok so I have an idea. I could just describe how Orrin wins the fight...

or...

We could roll it out as an actual fight, and while they're watching what's going on, Caesura and Kritas can have a conversation where they try to size each other up.

Thoughts?

I think that conversation can happen either way, and our GM might have some actual plot they want to get to.

You're welcome to roll out a real fight, either rolling both sides yourself, or having the GM roll the opposition if they're interested in demonstrating how combat works, or just narrate a victory.

Either way I'll edit my post to ask Kritas a question while they wait, because that's just a good idea.

I'll just describe it over the course of a few posts, now that I think about it it seems unnecessary to break out the dice if we don't have to C:

Sorry about the foot-dragging on my reply, I'll try to get a post up tonight C:
No worries, I don't think we've discussed post-frequency? I've really enjoyed myself so far, but I don't know if I can promise daily posts on my end. I usually aim for about 3posts/week, but have been known to exceed that. Best get when the getting is good, so to speak :)

No worries, I don't think we've discussed post-frequency? I've really enjoyed myself so far, but I don't know if I can promise daily posts on my end. I usually aim for about 3posts/week, but have been known to exceed that. Best get when the getting is good, so to speak :)
all icare about is the worst case scenerio

Taking turns is all well and good, but sometimes the moment just doesn't call for a character to be in the limelight. Turns are secondary to keeping the scene flowing.

i could reply now but im waiting...

Up to you, but Sizniche expressed an interest in the conversation making progress while he described his fight. You don't have to wait if the conversation flows naturally.
i guess if everyone is fine with it, its ok. if anyone starts to feel left out, pls let us know

the text says everyone makes a will/spirit save or be enthralled by the story to the extent that you cannot perform any other action. I know its kind of a screwy ability to show off, but i didnt want to do the same action as my other rp group which was to create a simple illusion.

Okay, so... all saving throws are DC 16, and Caesura has a +3 Spirit Save. Not good odds. Wow, so even at a +6 Evasion she only has a 50/50 chance to make a save. Okay, so saves are very risky in this game at low levels, but at high levels saves almost always succeed. Interesting. I wonder if at higher levels there are ways to give your opponents penalties to save so your save-allowing abilities aren't useless.

Haha, a 5. Caesura completely fails. Excellent 😆

Zaal's storytelling will probably cause the fight between Orrin and Otek to come to an abrupt halt, but that's okay. Orrin can always have already won the fight before the story started if he'd like.

Last edited:
Okay, so... all saving throws are DC 16, and Caesura has a +3 Spirit Save. Not good odds. Wow, so even at a +6 Evasion she only has a 50/50 chance to make a save. Okay, so saves are very risky in this game at low levels, but at high levels saves almost always succeed. Interesting. I wonder if at higher levels there are ways to give your opponents penalties to save so your save-allowing abilities aren't useless.

Haha, a 5. Caesura completely fails. Excellent 😆
good point. btw, even if is awkward, i'd rather see the rolls in here. that means u gotta make a message first, edit it, then roll.

Otek takes a fighting stance, and from behind his back and within the linen wrapping his bones he unfolds two extra pairs of arms, gauntleted like the pair extending from his shoulders but otherwise unarmoured. He raises all three pairs of arms and nods to Orrin.

Okay, Otek is definitely a Clockwork Soldier. lol

EDIT: Let's make that sa-- aaaaand he bungles it

I'm figuring out how to roll dice.
Also, remember that Godbound can Commit an Effort for the day after failing a saving throw to simply count it as a success! So will make a post of Kritas passing, regardless of dice result.

Edit: come to think of it, maybe it would be more fun to be a bit enthralled. Will see what the dice says.

Okay, I think I'll wait for Orrin do to things so that the post don't feel as 'time-jumpy'.

could have shadow walked to demonstrate.,..story might be too powerful. entralling tale etc arent even gifts. neither would the shadow walk one.

Mysterious! I'm not familiar enough with the setting and rules to know what that implies, but maybe others do.

well some words have things u get from the word itself...things too simple normally for a godbound to need to put any energy into whatsoever. so dont even cost gift points. i thought we all got this concept in character creation. i looked at the character sheet and thought "there's no where to write these down so made sure to include it in my sheets.

my personal philosophy is to only do that with things I can't afford to fail. So its really impossible to make saving throws harder when u can commit effort to automatically pass. Maybe I should limit that.

Committing Effort for the day to automatically pass is a big cost! We can only do that a few times per day, and if we do, we can't use any of our fancy powers anymore. I think it's rare you'll see players spend Effort to pass a save unless the consequences of failure are truly dire.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back