• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Godbound: Throne of the Azyrinth Extra Page

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
And yes, miracles aren't specifically chosen. You can miracle any effect, and mimic any Gift, it just takes extra effort and has a few limitations (duration is never permanent when miracling Gifts, for instance)

I'm also not sure what languages there are?

Also my spells will be:
Seal of Regal Dominion
Trumpet of Far Utterance
Barred Gates of Forbiddance
Kiss of the Crane

Last edited:
And yes, miracles aren't specifically chosen. You can miracle any effect, and mimic any Gift, it just takes extra effort and has a few limitations (duration is never permanent when miracling Gifts, for instance)

I'm also not sure what languages there are?

Also my spells will be:
Seal of Regal Dominion
Trumpet of Far Utterance
Barred Gates of Forbiddance
Kiss of the Crane
i think replicating gifts is limited to the gifts of the Words you're bound to, but otherwise yea

It's missing my gifts :vP

Also, since I dunno what other languages there are... uhhh...

I guess Orrin's second language will be Dwarvish? If they exist?

also, Orrin's fist damage is 1d12+4, not 12d4
i didnt see ujr gifts when i copied it

i didnt see ujr gifts when i copied it
  1. Body of Iron Will (Endurance)
  2. Fists of Black Iron (Might)
  3. Shoulders as Wide as the World (Might)
  4. Stronger Than You (Might)
  5. Loosening God's Teeth (Might)

Gimme that Draconic pls
u could get draconic as a free one given ur work as a low-magic mage. You would know all tiers. What tier did u reach as a mortal? if its not already in ur backstory, u should indicate that once you became godbound, the secrets of ur chosen order became obvious or something, if u werent already master as a mortal. lets say it would take 50 years for a mortal to reach master tier, so ur body is forever at least 60. or do you think it would be less? 30 years to reach master tier? So languages: please pick Elven, Mothertongue, Azyrithian, or Celestial.

Last edited:
If there's no Dwarvish, I'll take Draconic as Orrin's second language

• Name: Caesura

Origin: Faerie Queen - Everyone knew about the ring of menhirs at the centre of the grove. Everyone knew not to go there. Except Caesura. The harvest was bad for the third year. She went to plead with whatever lived down there. Now 'not knowing' is an alien concept to her, as far remote as she is from her former friends. When some ancient fragment of divinity chose to unfold the secrets of the universe before her like a blossoming lotus of impossible beauty and complexity, it transformed her utterly and irrevocably. It filled her with the knowledge of how to create all things living and unliving, and a burning desire to build a better world, to complete a work left unfinished eons ago.

Superficially, of course, she was different. Her tangled brown hair became a riot of colourful blossoms and petals, her unremarkable brown eyes scintillating jewels that promised to reveal a fragment of that infinite complexity if only the viewer would stare just a little deeper, her pale thin lips ripe with the promise of a kiss as sweet as the first harvest apple and just as red. These superficial changes did not truly separate her from what she once was. It was the knowing. Knowing what everyone would say, could say, was capable of saying if they applied themselves for years, from the moment they stepped into the room. Knowing they could never comprehend the beauty she could behold, could bring forth. Could never truly appreciate it. Often quivered in fear at the sight of it. It hardly mattered, though. They're almost all dead now, cut down and reduced to ashes by the same monstrosities who destroy everything she builds.

Profession: Tender of the Sacred Grove - The rites and rituals of the harvest. Honouring the spirits of soil and tree and vine. The propitiation of the forest spirits and the honoured ancestors interred beneath them. The efficacious power of herbs, their harvest and preparation. She thought she knew these things. She had but taken the first timid step on a path she has now walked leagues upon. From the great heights she has reached she can barely see the spot where she had made her humble beginnings. She can't decide whether to laugh or cry. She does both.

Relationship: Guardian of the Last Campfire at the End of the World - She builds it. They tear it down. Where once there was a teeming settlement, now only ash. And yet life is tenacious. Something always survives, staggering out of the dark to her little beacon of hope in still smoking fields of ash. Her forlorn campfire at the end of the world. Some of them she pulled back through the black gates before their souls could move on, some were canny enough to escape, some were simply too stubborn to die, some were just lucky. They're all survivors. Each time a few more choose to follow her, and they set off with the next dawn to a new site to build it all anew. Each time a little bit faster. A little bit better. Hoping this time will be the last.

Goal: To build a city that shines bright, defies the darkness, and does not fall.
"your hero's Effort score, which is 2 unless you've taken gifts that increase it." And you can only have 3 words at level 1. choose your gear.

Last edited:
ok character sheets on extra page are updated, all 3 of em. i'm starting today. u have one week to finish ur chars if needed as well as write ur backstories (including complaining that they are already done and its my fault they aren't up yet) and character pictures and respond.

Last edited:
"your hero's Effort score, which is 2 unless you've taken gifts that increase it." And you can only have 3 words at level 1. choose your gear.
i think they used 3 of their starting gift points to buy an extra word, with them having 4 points worth of gifts because Fae Queen gave them a bonus gift.

Hmmm? Here's what you wrote for the Microcosm Faerie Queen:
Faerie Queen - +4 to any mental stat or will save. You gain one lesser gift from Deception, Mind, Illusion, Memory, or Chaos as well as 3 additional effort.

Base 2, +3, makes 5.

The character creation rules say we start with 6 points to spend on Gifts, and 3 points can be spent on binding a new Word. Are you banning the purchase of additional words at character creation?

Does armour stack with the +3 base AC from the effect of the Protection Word? Usually Base AC stacks with Armour, but I think you mentioned Gift AC doesn't stack with Armour AC. If Armour AC doesn't stack with the Protection base AC, then I can't think of any equipment that would be useful.

Hmmm? Here's what you wrote for the Microcosm Faerie Queen:
Faerie Queen - +4 to any mental stat or will save. You gain one lesser gift from Deception, Mind, Illusion, Memory, or Chaos as well as 3 additional effort.

Base 2, +3, makes 5.

The character creation rules say we start with 6 points to spend on Gifts, and 3 points can be spent on binding a new Word. Are you banning the purchase of additional words at character creation?

Does armour stack with the +3 base AC from the effect of the Protection Word? Usually Base AC stacks with Armour, but I think you mentioned Gift AC doesn't stack with Armour AC. If Armour AC doesn't stack with the Protection base AC, then I can't think of any equipment that would be useful.
it's worth noting that the Protection AC isn't a bonus, it just needs converted since we're not using THAC0. 3 THAC0 AC is equivalent to a base AC of 17. (Though my Endurance gift used to be 3 THAC0 AC before the homebrew change, so caecgirl might need to give clarification on that)

it's worth noting that the Protection AC isn't a bonus, it just needs converted since we're not using THAC0. 3 THAC0 AC is equivalent to a base AC of 17. (Though my Endurance gift used to be 3 THAC0 AC before the homebrew change, so caecgirl might need to give clarification on that)
Oh I see! I thought it was saying the word granted a natural AC bonus of +3! It never occurred to me it was an actual AC of 3 in the old style. Thank you for clarifying.

From the rulebook:

You have six points to spend on your gifts and binding new Words. Lesser gifts cost one point, greater gifts cost two, and binding an additional Word costs three. You may only learn gifts from Words you have bound, with one exception; you can spend 2 points to learn a lesser gift from another Word if you can explain how your own powers are creating that effect.

oh. no doing that with the bonus gifts from fae queen because they are bonus gifts not bonus gift points.
the math still works out, because they only spent three gift points on gifts since one of their gifts is free.

Oh, I'm confused. I didn't use the bonus Gift from Fae Queen to bind a fourth Word. I used 3 points to bind a fourth Word, 2 points for a Greater Gift, 1 point for a Lesser Gift, and then the Fae Queen grants one Lesser Gift, and you said you wanted us to be able to defend ourselves, so I chose the Memory power that grants you a gaze attack.

Sizniche Sizniche Tachyon Tachyon do you want our characters to have met before, or has fate just pulled three Godbound into a tavern in a tiny town seemingly by chance?

caecgirl caecgirl give us more to work with! What draws our eyes to a musician who hasn't started playing yet? Why do we care about him? Do we see each other? Because I kind of feel like the huge shirtless scarred warrior-god, the divinely charming god of ostentatious wealth, and the faerie might command the attention of the room. I'm honestly a litle bit surprised they let Caesura in at all 😆 Faeries usually aren't well received in many settings, what with the murdering and kidnapping and whatnot. Maybe fae are nicer in this world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back