• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Godbound: Throne of the Azyrinth Extra Page

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I personally am fine with it, since our party roles have no real overlap. I would, however, advise that you ask Tachyon as well, since both of your characters seem relatively oriented towards social play, and you may run the risk of making their player feel outdone in their own realm of expertise.

It might not be in your version of the book, I have the deluxe edition. It's basically Godbound's version of Weeaboo Fightan Magic.
I do not dictate what kind of characters my players use. i advise everyone be able to defend themselves though.

Strifes are physical techniques that only supernatural beings can weild. In order to learn a true strife, you must have a appropriate word or find a teacher with a mastery of it. lesser strifes can be learned by mortals as well as godbound, though for mortals mastering them take decades.
Godbound can learn all three levels of a Strife's lesser art for the
cost of one gift point, or by dedicating one Fact to it.

Charsheet completed. The goal is a bit generic for a warrior character, but hey, goals can change over time, right?

Oh, hey, is AC being modified by CON an intentional decision, or a typo? I calculated my AC using the Dexterity modifier since that's what I'm used to, and it's the base game rule.

granted abilities well thats easy...words grant u abilities even without gifts like how sorcery lets u shrug off low magic. in my document, they are after gifts tabs...in the writeups tabs...no need to write down stat/ac increases .... i think strifes go in the attacks/damage sources section of the sheet ... and they must want u to record miracles beforehand; i wish it said how many miracles u get, it must be limited to the two u have there and two more at level 1.... i musta thought it was HP not AC

Last edited:
granted abilities well thats easy...words grant u abilities even without gifts. in my document, they are after gifts tabs...in the writeups tabs...no need to write down stat/ac increases .... i think strifes go in the attacks section of the sheet ... and they must want u to record miracles beforehand; i wish it said how many miracles u get, it must be limited to the two u have there and two more at level 1.... i musta thought it was HP not AC
I put my Strife abilities in the Granted Abilities section since it seemed a more fitting place.

Also, I thought miracles let you do anything in the "What Can Miracles Do?" list, since they're essentially emergency abilities? Maybe I misunderstood it.

I put my Strife abilities in the Granted Abilities section since it seemed a more fitting place.

Also, I thought miracles let you do anything in the "What Can Miracles Do?" list, since they're essentially emergency abilities? Maybe I misunderstood it.
that works too. i was thinking over with fray dice

if miracles werent limited, then why would it be on the sheet? just for recording good ones? seems it would be better in a notes section.

The one that came with my pdf doesn't actually seem to have a miracle section. Where did you get the character sheet you're using? Maybe they had a house rule.

Attachments

• Godbound_Character_Sheet_FORM-FILLABLE.pdf
    662.6 KB · Views: 4
Added my Fray die to my sheet, I think that's actually everything now C:

I was referring to the Microcosms section, specifically the entry for Faerie Queen. If I understand the rules correctly, you can spend your Origin Fact to get +4 to Int, Wis, or Cha, plus a free Gift and 3 extra Effort? That's really strong, isn't it?
Faerie Queen - +4 to any mental stat or will save. You gain one lesser gift from Deception, Mind, Illusion, Memory, or Chaos as well as 3 additional effort. Cold iron weapons are treated like a magical weapon when used on you. It can bypass your damage reduction. You are helpless when bound or contained by cold iron. <-- how's that?

what are your comments on it, sizniche, tachyon?

Faerie Queen - +4 to any mental stat or will save. You gain one lesser gift from Deception, Mind, Illusion, Memory, or Chaos as well as 3 additional effort. Cold iron weapons are treated like a magical weapon when used on you. It can bypass your damage reduction. You are helpless when bound or contained by cold iron. <-- how's that?

That helps balance things out a bit, but I think you can go further and have more fun! Faeries famously can't break their word. Once they make an oath, they're compelled to follow through. There's lots of dramatic potential in that.

That helps balance things out a bit, but I think you can go further and have more fun! Faeries famously can't break their word. Once they make an oath, they're compelled to follow through. There's lots of dramatic potential in that.
id have to rule that they can't take the chivalry word cause in part that has to do with oathbreaking. actulally them hav ing the word is poetic. i would just need to say they cant take certain gifts from it.

I like both of these as counterbalances. One of the things I like about Godbound is how the rules are designed in small ways to focus on narrative more than mechanical play, and especially Random's suggestion plays into that nature of the game really well. I still feel like 3 extra effort is a lot, even toning it down to one or two would still have it be extremely potent even with all the downsides, but I think it's worth at least testing out the 3 effort version and perhaps agreeing to adjust if everybody feels like it's a bit much.

Tachyon, Sizniche please look at character sheets tab on the extras page
It's missing my gifts :vP

Also, since I dunno what other languages there are... uhhh...

I guess Orrin's second language will be Dwarvish? If they exist?

also, Orrin's fist damage is 1d12+4, not 12d4

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not sure why they get 3 extra effort? It's just a fact, right? What's the thinking here? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back