Goblin Themed, Sandbox RP (closed)

Murdergurl

will turn your insides into your outsides
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Without writing up too fancy of an RP recruitment, I'm wondering how much interest there would be for a group RP that would have the player characters all being goblins? I already have made a detailed MAP of the region the RP would be set in. And so there is no confusion of exactly what kind of goblins I mean, I have also written up a detailed racial description. The genre would be one of a medieval, low fantasy world. Though the goblins themselves are a bit primitive within that setting. These are most definitely not the industrious and inventive types of goblins that are portrayed in more than a few fandoms. They are more tribal.

I will only be lightly GMing the narrative, as this will be a sandbox-styled RP. The setting I am trying to set up is going to be VERY detailed, and the players are expected to find their own (mis)adventures within it. So that I do not get overwhelmed, I am only looking for a small group of players (besides myself). I am currently working on organizing the information I have into a nice, user-friendly format. If this advertisement gathers enough interest, I will post up more information and tag those who showed interest.

The RP will not be fast paced. I am only expecting the players to post responses around two or three times a week. In fact, I discourage posting more often than this as it will stress me out to try and keep up with that pace. I prefer posts to be made in multi-para format. But a single, strong paragraph is also acceptable. I will be asking for writing samples from interested parties. Anything that embodies your typical RP post will do. It does not have to be genre specific. It can be an original entry, or something out of context from a previous RP of yours.

The mood of this RP is intended to be lighthearted and even a bit comical. Characters should not be focused on being badasses or heroic types (though wannabe's of either derivative are perfectly in theme). We are going to be Goblins, afterall. This is a low fantasy Sword and Sorcery. By that, I mean that we are not focused on an epic, world-saving quest. The characters will be immersed more in personal, localized adventure(s). Magic will be present in the setting, but more in the existence of magical creatures and enchanted items. Spellcasters will be a rarity in this world, and goblins themselves are bereft of any innate magical ability.

If anyone has any questions about the setting or the goblins themselves, please feel free to ask in the comments.
gobgob.png

Last edited:
I'm definitely intrigued by this and I would be eager to learn more about this setting and the goblinkin.
well, the setting itself is going to be in a big, forested region. It's called the Great Mushroom forest. It isnt consisted entirely of mushrooms, mind you. But giant mushrooms exist in it, and thusly it was named as such by outsiders. It's set in betwixt rival nations, and is in a sort of valley between a bunch of mountain peaks. the surrounding area has elements of orcs, ogres, and of course the military presence of the rival nations. But the goblins typically don't pay these any mind.

The goblins themselves are separated into a few different colonies in the forest, but occasionally congregate as a larger clan. They are very tribal, though they do go out and steal away or adventure outside of the forest. The return rate of these adventuring parties is low, however. So most goblins tend to stay within the forest. The region presents all its own dangers, but by comparison, they are at least familiar dangers. Versus the unknown dangers of the outside world.

I'll definitely post the completed lore within a day or two when it;s finished up.

Updated with a link to the map. I had forgotten to do that initially.

Ooh, a goblin-themed quest! Colour me interested, though I am unsure of time constraints after filling up my last chosen time slot. If you are comfortable with two to three posts a week, that may be perfect for me, and I will let you know if I cannot make such commitments in certain weeks up ahead.

Ooh, a goblin-themed quest! Colour me interested, though I am unsure of time constraints after filling up my last chosen time slot. If you are comfortable with two to three posts a week, that may be perfect for me, and I will let you know if I cannot make such commitments in certain weeks up ahead.
yeah, i don't intend for this to be an RP that requires daily attention by any of the participants. I do ask that those involved do make the effort to participate, though.

no worries, I'm closing this RP anyhow. the interest doesnt seem to be here

Users who are viewing this thread