• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dragons, mecha, and more! A fandom and originals 1x1 partner search! (MxF, OCxOC, 18+, currently craving originals!)

Gnomar

Discount cryptid
pond art boyyy.jpg
Hello, hello!

Welcome one and all to my first 1x1 partner search here on RPN. This seems like a convenient way to find like minded individuals and prospective partners so here we go!

First, a little about yours truly. Feel free to call me Gnome, Alone, or even Gnomealone if we’re being formal I guess? I’m a 24 year old male situated in the Greenwich Meantime timezone, and I’ve got years upon years of experience when it comes to roleplays. I started with some truly cringe worthy stuff on a Destiny fan page back in the day, and although I’m not perfect there’s definitely been a huge increase in the quality of my written work since then. Now for the rapid-fire fact round!

• I have a burning passion for speculative evolution and fictional ecosystems, like to the point that if I was contacted out of the blue to make some stuff for an RP I’m not even part of I’d still probably do it.
  • Occasionally struck with the inspiration and energy to draw. I’m not great, but hey it’s fun. There’s a chance I’ll draw something from our RP, provided it isn’t human. We’ve got such weird proportions… come back when you're a lizard, then I’ll do your portrait.
  • Making friends OCC with my partners is one of my favourite parts of this hobby. If we set something up together, rest assured you’ll be welcome in my inbox to chat about the RP itself, our characters, or whatever else you’d like!
  • Writing samples on request!

Alright now for my RP preferences. I guess bullet point lists aren’t the most creative way to go about this but hey, they’re functional.

• I prefer PMs to forum for the roleplay, but I can be swayed if my partner is really against PMs.
  • Long term is my jam! Gives us time for our characters to have proper arcs and really flesh out our setting. I’m into short term as well, but I’m not as enthusiastic about it.
  • Preferably I’d like an RP that runs at a speed of 1-2 posts a week. If we can make time for it to be faster, great, but I don’t always get as much time to myself as I’d like when my coursework starts stacking up!
  • OCxOC and Fx(M) is pretty much all I’m interested in. I’ll play as many canon side characters as I need to but they aren’t the characters I’m looking to main. Likewise when it comes to side characters, regardless of if they’re canon or not, I’m happy to play M, F, whatever, in any kind of pairing you can think of. I’m plenty LGBTQ friendly, but I prefer Fx(M) for my primary character. Let me indulge in my OCs and I’ll let you do the same with yours!
  • For OCC I would prefer to stick to PMs. I do have discord now and I'll happily add you over there but I'm not all that active on it as I can only access it via my laptop. My fastest responses will come from here!
  • My posts tend to range in length from between 3-9+ paragraphs. I’d consider myself lit, maybe advance lit?

Right next I’ll cover what I’d like from a potential partner!

• I prefer playing the male role in FxM so if you prefer playing the female role that would be ideal!
  • Work with me on the plot and setting, it’s no fun if I’m doing all the work and I’m sure all you wonderful writers on here have plenty to contribute.
  • Basic grammar and spelling abilities. Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes, so don’t sweat it too much but I’ve gotta be able to understand what it is you’re writing.
  • OCC! I think I’ve mentioned it once or twice already, but I enjoy chatting with my partners outside or the roleplay. I find it helps keep interest in the roleplay up and I’ve met plenty of great friends as a result of it.
  • 3+ paragraphs on average per post. Sometimes it’s just not possible to write that much, but usually this is the kinda length you need to move things along.

Themes for originals

• cyberpunk
  • sci fi
  • dark fantasy
  • monster hunters
  • horror?
  • interesting apocalypses
I'm currently really interested in either a cyberpunk setting mixed with a heavy religious influence (of which I've done a bit of work on already), or maybe something with dragon riders? Rewatching House of the Dragon always does that to me haha. But feel free to come to me with fresh concepts of your own, I'll always take the time to at least consider them! And if you see something under my fandom list that you'd like to use as a loose guide to make an original concept around then that'd be awesome : )

And finally the all important fandoms list. Yeah you’ve guessed it, more bullet points.

Anime+manga

• Attack on Titan (Anime only) **
  • Jujitsu Kaisen (Anime and manga) **
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion (Anime only) *
  • Fire Force (Anime only) *
  • My Hero Academia (Anime and manga) *
  • Chainsaw Man (Anime and manga) **
  • Kaiju No.8 (Manga) ❌
  • One Punch Man (Anime and manga) ❌
  • Mob Psycho 100 (Anime and manga) ❌
  • Promised Neverland (Anime only)❌
  • Tokyo Ghoul (Anime and manga) **
  • Demon Slayer (Anime and manga) **
  • Rwby *

Video games

• Bioshock *
  • Metro 2033 *
  • Halo ****
  • Destiny *
  • Pokemon **
  • Dead Space *
  • Titanfall *
  • Rogue Company ❌
  • The Forest ❌
  • Monster Hunter ❌
  • Overwatch ❌
  • Rainbow Six Siege❌
  • Borderlands❌
  • Bloodborne *
  • Dark Souls *
  • Elden Ring **
  • Ark: Survival Evolved *
  • Apex Legends *
  • Spectrobes ❌
  • Armoured Core **
  • Probably some more that are slipping my mind, feel free to ask!

Books

• Percy Jackson *
  • Harry Potter ❌
  • Artemis Fowl ❌
  • GONE series *

If you’ve got this far then thank you, have a cookie 🍪. I appreciate you scrolling through my rather barebones partner search, I swear my ability to make these pages look pretty doesn’t reflect how I write! Anyway if you are interested after all that, feel free to shoot me a PM! Looking forward to potentially hearing from some of you.

Last edited:
Bump! Mostly looking to work on originals with someone right now, preferably something with dragon riders or mecha but I'm all ears for other suggestions as well!

Bump! Mostly looking to work on originals with someone right now, preferably something with dragon riders or mecha but I'm all ears for other suggestions as well!

Hiya !!
I’d love to try and work something out with you and a potential dragon riders plot?
Hit me a PM if you’re still interested in doing so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back