• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Glory To The Empire! RP [Closed]

Skylord Nexus

Dabbler in the Dark Arts
Initiating start-up sequence...
Compiling relevant information...
Initiating orientation message volume 25...
Message reads:
Greetings citizen,
If you are reading this message then you are being moved to a new area and/or job role within the Empire.
To ensure that you possess a sufficient amount of knowledge on the workings of the Empire, a short summary
of Imperial history will now be given.

Glory to the Nexarian Empire! For over 50,000 years it has stood as a shining beacon of grandeur, power, and prosperity to the other, lesser nations of the multiverse. Under the ever wise rule of the Nexus lineage, the Empire has become the greatest force of military power and technological advancements ever seen. How fortunate we are to live in this day and age where we flourish in a golden age under Emperor Solrac Titus Nexus the Second, the first Emperor in our history to ascend to the rank of Immortal and secure us everlasting peace and serenity.
Know now, as you go onwards to your new role in Imperial society, that you help create an even greater tomorrow and make it so future generations know the glory of living in the greatest empire in history.
Glory to the Creators!
Glory to the Emperor!
Glory to the Empire!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, in this RP you'll be in one of two roles, you'll either be a somewhat high-class Imperial Citizen or a freebooter/rebel who would rather see the tyrannical rule of the empire end. For a majority of the RP both sides will be separate, but as the story progresses, both stories will begin cross and join together, because fates a b*tch.

As an Imperial, your RP will be more slice of life at the start delving more into the cut-throat politics and multiple prejudices of Imperial society.

As a rebel/freebooter, your RP will be more action orientated, having you dimension hop and go on crazy adventures whilst being chased down by the Empire.

Class order in the Empire:
-Emperor
-Arch Prince/princess (the royal next in line to the throne)
-Arch Council (Nobles who command the most valuable parts of the empire such as military, science, navy, etc. Like the small council in Game of Thrones.)
-50 great houses (The 50 most powerful noble houses in imperial society, this includes the houses in the arch council and the royal house. It is their responsibility to govern large portions of the empire.)
-Lord Commanders (The division heads of the Imperial military.)
-5000 minor houses (These are the houses under command of the great houses each one governs and takes responsibility for a section of the great houses jurisdictions, and report any major problems to them.)
-Military (Can be split into subclasses much like any military, and follows the same kind of ranking system.)
-Citizens (They're just peoples :3)
-Slaves (Pretty self-explanatory)
-Scum (These are people who live in the lowest layers of Imperial city planets, where the waste and toxicity has caused mutations and disease. Lucky to live into their mid-20's.)

Well, there we are! A brief overview of the RP and it's setting. Depending on how much interest I get, I'll write up all relevant lore and go into more detail. If your interested, post below (Obviously XD) and if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here, or PM me.

Side note, due to this story taking place in a multiverse, characters can possess and use magic if they want.

RP: Glory To The Empire!
Lore: Futuristic - Glory To The Empire! [Lore]
Character Sheet: Futuristic - Glory To The Empire! [CS]

Last edited:
well I have a few ideas, 1, the scum can do something about the Emperor and all his men not taking care of the Scum and not doing anything about the mutation. I want to be the leader or something but I want to do that later. for I want to see things about the world and get used to it while foreshadowing it. I also kinda want to play a lord commander.

well I have a few ideas, 1, the scum can do something about the Emperor and all his men not taking care of the Scum and not doing anything about the mutation. I want to be the leader or something but I want to do that later. for I want to see things about the world and get used to it while foreshadowing it. I also kinda want to play a lord commander.
From a lore perspective, Lord Commander would be easier to justify anything. The issue with the scum is that they are basically sealed at the bottom of the city planets so getting anywhere near the Emperor would be a challenge; that being said it is a very interesting idea and I do like it a lot, definitely not what I expected. Honestly, when you make your mind up, say so and whatever you chose, I'll find a way to make it fit in. Alternatively, you can play multiple characters if you want. Either works.

(I mean it could take years, but i'm guessing it's been years or even decades since they were first sealed, so they probably had a lot of time to break the seal.But I want to do both.)

I see. So they have had a longass time to break the seal so I'm guessing a few months in roleplay time it will break
Yeah, that would work. Once I get the RP started we can talk about the detail in more... well, detail.

Also in the case of your Lord Commander, generally the high up the class chain you go, the people become bigger assholes and racists and bigots. Obviously, your Lord Commander can have any personality you want, but just to let you know what kind of people he'll be around.

I wonder where mercenaries would fit into this world. Regardless, I'm interested.
Mercs are mostly used by freebooters and other unaffiliated parties, the empire doesn't really use them since they already possess what is desputedly the largest and most powerful military force in the multiverse. Another way they may be used is in wars where a weaker nation might hire a fleet of merc ships to strengthen their own forces.

But still, i'm extatic you're interested. Do you have any other question? or any idea what kind of character you want to play?

Mercs are mostly used by freebooters and other unaffiliated parties, the empire doesn't really use them since they already possess what is desputedly the largest and most powerful military force in the multiverse. Another way they may be used is in wars where a weaker nation might hire a fleet of merc ships to strengthen their own forces.

But still, i'm extatic you're interested. Do you have any other question? or any idea what kind of character you want to play?
When it comes to open world sorta things like these, I usually opt for a mercenary as that pretty much opens up my character to working with anybody. Either that or a role within the empire.

When it comes to open world sorta things like these, I usually opt for a mercenary as that pretty much opens up my character to working with anybody. Either that or a role within the empire.
I kind of have an idea a merc like character could work between all possible factions. Your character could be part of a section of the Imperial military that's detached from main duty, kind of like a spec ops unit that is only used for specific mission, and then so long as it doesn't effect your duty or the Empire, i doubt the any higher-ups would care if you took some 'side jobs', and even if you have to do something against the Empire, it's only illegal if you're caught ;)

I kind of have an idea a merc like character could work between all possible factions. Your character could be part of a section of the Imperial military that's detached from main duty, kind of like a spec ops unit that is only used for specific mission, and then so long as it doesn't effect your duty or the Empire, i doubt the any higher-ups would care if you took some 'side jobs', and even if you have to do something against the Empire, it's only illegal if you're caught ;)
I like the sound of that

I’d be down for this

Also, for the scum, what type of mutation would generally be occurring? (I.e more towards Cronenburg monsters or X-men)

This sounds interesting! Quick question what kind of technology is there?
This is always one of the harder questions for me to answer because i only really describe it as super advanced, however i think a good example of how advanced the tech is how they have ships capable of effotlessly traveling to over universes and weapons capable of theoretically destroying universes. And on the subject of what kind of technology there is (because i deffinatly didn't miss read your question), i'd say mostly anything you can think of, if you have idea's for certain techs then you can always run them by me, but they should mostly all be ok.

I’d be down for this

Also, for the scum, what type of mutation would generally be occurring? (I.e more towards Cronenburg monsters or X-men)
Excellent! On the subject of mutation, i was actually thinking about this yesterday, and i'd say there are both, but x-men style mutations are rarer

I’m interested in joining.
Yay!

Then question for all of you, what kind of characters do you want to play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back