• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Glorios Ceteri (Fantasy/Action/Magic/Fighting RP)

Kabboom

very explody
Roleplay Availability
GLORIOS CETERI

image.jpg

We've all heard of stories. Stories where there are heroes with supernatural powers, superweapons, that they use to fight for the forces of good, against malevolent people. How, against overwhelming odds, they hold the line of justice and honor with the force of teamwork and their true courage within.

Such heroes do exist in this land. But this is not that kind of story.

ab3bc8150858f1edace89f082bdface0--fantasy-character-design-church.jpg

For thousands of years, the Kingdom of Light has existed, a melting pot of various cultures and species, borne from the wildest of jungles; humanoid Giants who roam the land, trampling everything underneath, beings as tall as trees, Dragons, soaring high upon the skies, each with their own personalities and quirks, as if they were birds, barbaric Elves, who spend their lives taking others', using mediocre tools and living within tribes or clans.

But above them all, the dominant species within the Kingdom was Human. They have ruled the Kingdom for many years, allowing the other species to coexist as a gesture of benevolence and peace, but the relationship between the individual people, are a different matter entirely.

They have expanded far and wide, their throne upon the world remaining uncontested. Until recently.

ijfnKlg.jpg

Some few hundred years ago, in the recent past, creatures have crept forward from the darkness. At first, it was thought that these were isolated incidents of some unknown species of animal attacking villages and towns. But as the attacks increased and time passed, it was clear that this was no random attack.

They were called Darkborne: creatures covered within pitch blackness, emanating eldritch howls, with the lone intent to destroy and kill. They were the embodiment of the anger and hatred in the world, and have now materialised to put an end to it.

But the Kingdom of Light will not go down without a fight. They fought, and they lost, and fought again, until the amount of settlements they had were countable on one hand. But with the aid of a new breed of "superheroes", humans or human halfbreeds with special powers and handcrafted special weapons, called Guardians of the Light, the Darkborne are being repelled back one by one.

image.jpg

But as you've probably guessed, this is not a story about the Guardians. This is a story, in which the main "heroes" have no superpowers at all. No special weapon, aside from old fashioned steel and black gunpowder. For over time, the Darkborne seemingly evolve to match the needs of war, and men and women are always desperately needed defending the borders of the Kingdom with their lives.

One such unit of defenders have been placed within a relatively contested area of the borders: Vainlight Valley, to defend a crucial position that leads directly into a nearby major trade settlement. For the last few months, the front has been quiet, but a veteran of war would know better: the Darkborne are planning something big. And when they spring the trap upon the unsuspecting humans, then the whole Kingdom shall hear of Vainlight Valley, or rather, its infamous name, The Blood Pit.

Will you stand? Or will you fall?

(Hi guys! So this is a little project me and a friend have been developing for a while now, and it's a medieval fantasy world with some realistic elements of magic and combat. This is a roleplay about a normal unit of soldiers or mercenaries, armed with medieval weapons, and basic guns i.e. flintlocks, muskets, maybe revolvers,... against a horde of mindless, but determined enemies.

Everyone is welcome to join! Hoping to take in 6-7 people! Anyone can ask questions freely! Tag anyone you think would be interested!)
Character thread:
Glorios Ceteri Characters

Last edited:
This sounds like a very fun and well thought idea by all appearances, when this comes to start, i would happily try to take part in it!

This looks pretty interesting, but I'm not very good. How skilled do you have to be to participate?
Also, are characters restricted to humans, or are you allowed to play as some of the other races mentioned?

The skill level is like, moderate. If you can get a 3-line paragraph per post, you're good for this RP.

The characters are not restricted to humans. The Kingdom of Light is an equal opportunity recruiter. But do note that Giants aren't really that common within the ranks.

DrLobo DrLobo

The skill level is like, moderate. If you can get a 3-line paragraph per post, you're good for this RP.

The characters are not restricted to humans. The Kingdom of Light is an equal opportunity recruiter. But do note that Giants aren't really that common within the ranks.

DrLobo DrLobo
Great! In that case, I'll probably be applying once the CS is up.
So I've got a basic idea for a character in mind. What kind of last names would be common in this setting?

Last names in this setting are nothing special, but they do have patterns. Humans have job last names, like Smith, Tailor, etc. and also medieval-era names while Elves have those tribal names like Katala, Gingamo, etc. while Giants don't usually have last names.

Last names in this setting are nothing special, but they do have patterns. Humans have job last names, like Smith, Tailor, etc. and also medieval-era names while Elves have those tribal names like Katala, Gingamo, etc. while Giants don't usually have last names.
Alright, Boris(Because I can't think of him as anything but Russian) Blackburn's joining the roster, then.

Alright! Waiting for about 4-5 more people, then we can start! Tag anyone you think would be interested!

So are you gonna admit more players if more than 3 more end up joining, or are we capping at 7?

Well, if by the end of today, we don't have any more people joining, then the CS goes up. Note, it's 12:30AM where I am right now.

Fun fact, my (newly changed) profile pic was a snap of some random guy from that time as well. A civilian (or is he?) in Saigon. Looked unique and funny to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back