• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Ginky and Alren's Bizarre Encounter! A Third-Degree Burglary! Steppenwolf and Skunk Anansie vs. Substitute!

Substitute's Power Roll: Moderate Success!

Substitute's fist broke through the glass tank with ease, his plan had worked. A little too well. Indeed, the water that came through the tank washed off the gunk off of him, but the sudden rush of water proved to be too much for Peter to handle as it pushed him back and over the railing down to the foyer on the first floor. The damage from the fall had seriously hurt Peter's back as he smacked onto the floor with nothing to grab but the air around him.

(Peter has been dealt 2 Light Injuries which have combined with his previous two into a Heavy Injury on his Spine. Peter currently has 3 Heavy Injuries on his Right Forearm, Left Calve, and Spine.) (Peter's Stamina: 7/10)

Peter felt the sludge wash off his right hand and eye but he quickly lost his footing and was swept along with the force of the torrent. He soon found himself weightless as he toppled down over the landing's banister and landed sharply on his lower back, thankfully preventing his head from cracking against the cold, unforgiving floor. The pain was momentarily blinding as Peter saw spots in his vision and curled up while using his left hand to apply pressure onto his back and hissing through his teeth at the pain.

He rolled side to side for a few moments, waiting for the worst of it to subside, his body refused to be straightened and preferred a curled position. The pain wouldn't be mitigated by just lying here, and it wouldn't be long until either of his assailants would be here to dispatch the relatively defenseless burglar.

"Su-Substitute..." Peter hissed, calling on his stand. He willed the stand to begin dragging the injured man across the foyer and back toward the front door. He wasn't far from the exit, he could make it out of here without too much issue as long as he remembers to to avoid the vile fluids of Skunk Anansie on the doorknob.

Peter didn't get far before a booted foot came crashing down onto his hand. Steppenwolf's User had entered the scene, dripping with sweat and looking down on Peter's beaten up body. "So, you're still alive, thief? I was wondering why my Steppenwolf hadn't come back to me yet. I suppose you must have outsmarted him somehow, hm?" The man looked up to the second floor to see the aquarium smashed and the railing in front of it broken. "You washed off Skunk Anansie's spray with the water in the aquarium? Very impressive. Although, I doubt you could've found that out without running into him."

Steppenwolf's User noticed the shirt Peter was wearing and clicked his tongue. "So you did run into him. Is it safe to say that you killed him then? A shame. Our Stands worked well together." The man's foot dug into Peter's hand as he moved it side to side, putting as much force as he could muster into crushing it underfoot.

"After I sicked Steppenwolf on you, I went to gather all of our things so we could move location. An old, fancy looking house like this seems to attract too much attention. Once I'm finished here, I'll collect my fallen comrade and we'll leave for someplace less conspicuous. Spy or not, you have no idea what it is we're doing here. There's no way you could've learned so much when you only came in through the front door."

"Still, as incompetent as you are it would be very unwise to let you escape. I'll kill you now before your partner can gather the courage to come in here and save you. That is, unless you were lying about that as well." Steppenwolf's User wasted no time in reeling back his other leg to deliver a swift kick to Peter's abdomen.

Steppenwolf Action Spent

Steppenwolf's User is using a Venture! (Steppenwolf's Momentum has been reset to 0. If a Venture is used in a non-Contest Action, it automatically succeeds. If performed in a Contest, if the User's roll exceeds the opponent's roll, the opponent's roll is considered a failure.)

Peter felt the bones in his hand straining with the man's weight being forced into it. He grit his teeth and bore the pain as the man continued his habitual, monotonous monologues. He had to admit as the man spoke of incompetence that Peter had made quite a mess of things tonight. This was supposed to be such an easy score and instead he was down an arm, leg, and possibly his spine with nothing concrete to show for it, just a theory about this sinister operation.

"Replacements," Peter said, letting the word hang for a beat, "Copies. Clones...that's what's going on here, isn't it? That man upstairs could be your brother. Your twin. That isn't the case though, is it? It'd be far too much of a coincidence if that was the case, but if it was manufactured? Then maybe I'd buy the two of you look alikes in the same place, with the same mannerisms, and the prioritization of your secrecy. I'm sure the SPW would be quite interested in the fact your work is violating international law. Not to mention the authorities of the world." Peter gave a cocksure grin out of spite of the man. He knew he was reaching with his wild conclusion, it sounded like bad science fiction to his own ears but in a world where your own spirit can physically manifest to manipulate the world In bizarre and fantastic ways, it doesn't sound so strange after all.

The layers of pain made it difficult to focus on thinking or talking any more but Peter knew that if he didn't deal with the man in front of him he would be as good as dead. The man may be standless at the moment but his intimidating presence and physique told Peter he wouldn't need one to finish off the beaten and broken thief. As the man reared back to deliver his kick Peter diverted Substitute to stop the kick to his torso with a stomp aimed at the man's ankle.

(Re)Action Spent

Last edited:
Steppenwolf's (User's) Power D-Rank Power Roll (8): Moderate Failure!
Substitute's B-Rank Power Roll (20): Definite Success!!

Substitute was easily able to block the incoming kick, stopping the man's foot in midair with its arm. The man leered at Peter, seeming perhaps a little annoyed with the intruder. "If you have to ask, you'll never know. Perhaps he was my twin, or maybe he was a clone." The man withdrew his foot and hopped back a bit, wary of any possible retaliation from Peter's Stand. "With all those injuries, I'm surprised you still have the Stand power to defend yourself, let alone crawl around on the floor like an insect."

Steppenwolf has received -1 Momentum for rolling lower in the Contest. Steppenwolf has -1 Momentum.
Peter has received +1 Momentum for rolling higher in the Contest. Peter has +1 Momentum.

As a result of rolling lower in the Venture Contest, Steppenwolf has lost 4/5 Stamina.

Peter was sure that he just caught the faintest flicker of emotion on the mans face after succeeding blocking the kick, so the man could feel something after all. The satisfaction of not getting his ribs kicked and seeing that trace emotion allowed Peter to not raise to the taunts of his assailant. Instead he sent his stand forward at full speed toward the man, its left hand reared back to deliver a quick blow directly to the mans bikers vest. He had to deal with the man quickly before his comrade appeared, and then get out as quickly as he could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back