GIF or JIF?

• GIF

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • JIF

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • I prefer cheese

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure it's technically pronounced as "jif", but screw that, I got really accustomed to saying "gif" and I'm gonna continue to say that. I think it sounds better. : P

Graphics Interchange Format. Because Graphics uses a hard G it's GIF.

I say gif around other people because I don't wanna get yelled at

But in my head I say jif

I was a big fan of the argument over this in Big Bang Theory though:

The inventor said it's "jif," but like PhoenixMire PhoenixMire I say "gif" because I think it sounds better! ^D^

The inventor is wrong, technically. There are a bunch of reasons (I AM NOT GOING TO PUT THEM ALL ON HERE...) why GIF is technically right.

Great, goat, goard, grand, and Grendelwald all day Gif

But... Ginger completely ruins it ._.

It's actually "GIF".

"GIF" stands for Graphic Interchange Format. It wouldn't make sense if it was "JIF", Jraphic Interchange Format. Last time I checked, "Jraphic" isn't a word.

It's actually "GIF".

"GIF" stands for Graphic Interchange Format. It wouldn't make sense if it was "JIF", Jraphic Interchange Format. Last time I checked, "Jraphic" isn't a word.
Wow someone who actually does research for once.

True (look at any cat vs dog posts and it explifies exactly what I’m talking about)
O O F

I myself am a cat person, but at least I give valid explanation on why I prefer cats rather than dogs and give reasoning other than "OMFG CATS ARE SOOOO MUCH CUTER THAN DOGS!"

Ah... what has humanity come to...

O O F

I myself am a cat person, but at least I give valid explanation on why I prefer cats rather than dogs and give reasoning other than "OMFG CATS ARE SOOOO MUCH CUTER THAN DOGS!"

Ah... what has humanity come to...
Now sadly issue is I am that kind of person to say that about cats but in a different way... you can see my posts I guess. (more of like a crusader than lover, mainly due to Flemish heritage) but it is lovely to see someone who isn’t like that.

Now sadly issue is I am that kind of person to say that about cats but in a different way... you can see my posts I guess. (more of like a crusader than lover, mainly due to Flemish heritage) but it is lovely to see someone who isn’t like that.
Ahaha, now I kind of feel bad.

I admit, I do believe cats are cuter than dogs in my own opinion, but I don't bring that into an argument. After all, it isn't fact, but rather an opinion.

Ahaha, now I kind of feel bad.

I admit, I do believe cats are cuter than dogs in my own opinion, but I don't bring that into an argument. After all, it isn't fact, but rather an opinion.
Do not feel bad, it is better to actually articulate both opinions and facts anyway. And yes cats are cuter than dogs clearly fact of the day.

Do not feel bad, it is better to actually articulate both opinions and facts anyway. And yes cats are cuter than dogs clearly fact of the day.
Yes~

Let's not post about this now, since this isn't what this thread is about.~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back