• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

FaithLeafCat

26 | She/Her
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
👻
GHOSTING FRIENDLY
👻

Hello, hello! Nice to meet you all! I'm a 27-year-old casual, mostly-literate role-player who is here to make friends and have fun :)

Posting Speed
Between once a week and once every few minutes, depending on my work schedule. I can be a bit sporadic myself, so don't feel pressured to respond every single time! I will wait very patiently for replies. No explanation for "dropping off" is required - please feel free to leave and return to the role-play whenever is convenient for you :)

Gender Preferences
I can play either male, non-binary, or female myself (usually default to male), and I have no preferences what gender my partner plays. Same goes for romance as well!

Grammar and Post Length
As long as I can understand what's going on, I'm not super picky about writing styles or lengths. A paragraph or two is preferable, but I'm fine with longer or shorter! My own posts usually run from about 3-5 sentences on the low end up to 150-200 words on the higher end.

Genres
I'm a huge fan of romance, fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, supernatural, pirates, and adventure genres, but I'm usually not historically accurate. I don't enjoy slice-of-life or modern role-plays as much as they tend to be too slowly paced for my liking.

Role-Play Favorites
If one or more of these are in a role-play, I will be a very happy camper (but they're not required):

- One character is a jerk with a heart of gold, and one is an innocent precious cinnamon roll
- The enemies-to-friends/lovers character arc
- Drama and/or angst seperated by periods of warm fuzzies
- One or more of the characters has a pet
These are some fandoms and movies I'm familiar with (but I tend to put my own spin on them or play as OCs within the world more often than not), though I'm more partial to original role-plays:

- Steven Universe
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003 and ROTTMNT)
- Jurassic Park/Jurassic World/Camp Cretaceous
- Hardy Boys by Franklin W. Dixon
- How to Train Your Dragon
- How to Train Your Dragon: Race to the Edge
- Rescue Riders
- My Little Pony (Any Generation)
- Treasure Planet
- Xiaolin Showdown (Original Series)
- Tangled (Movie and Series)
- Coraline (Movie)

👻
STARTERS
👻

Like what you see and you're ready to go? Pick one of these starters and send a reply to it in a message to jumpstart a role-play! I'm always open to any of the starters listed below, but the ones I'm currently craving the most are marked with a ⭐

Dustin pulled his baggy purple sweater sleeves a bit higher up and shuddered, glancing around the cavernous sewer tunnel with nothing but a keychain flashlight to light his way. He swallowed hard and glanced back up at the group of Purple Dragons standing around the manhole cover above ground. "Are - are you sure about this?" he asked.

One of the other gang members snickered and nodded. "Yeah, go ahead. You wanna be a Purple Dragon, don't ya? An' yer first test is to find some evidence of those weird turtle freaks that live down here. Just somethin' small. A footprint or something."

Dustin nodded and pulled in a breath. Then he walked down the sewer tunnel, sticking to the concrete walkway on one side of the water.

It was supposed to be a hazing ritual. One of the other Purple Dragons was hiding in the sewer further down, waiting to give Dustin a scare.

But instead of going straight, Dustin spotted a small side tunnel and crept inside, taking a right turn and heading deeper into the sewers than the gang had been anticipating. Everything was fine until he stepped on a chunk of old cement that was about to give way. The floor cracked and crumbled below him, sending him plummeting down into a deeper level.

Dustin screamed and flailed his arms, desperately trying to catch something to stop his fall. He didn't know there was a deep pool of swirling water waiting for him just below.
Oliver Burntwick strolled through the park with his hands in his pockets, humming softly. His shoes scuffed against the cobblestone streets, and he flinched as he passed beneath a dim lamp, his glowing green eyes constricting slightly. Except for his eyes, though, he looked mostly human. Orange messy hair flopped over his eyes. Freckles were scattered across his skin. And as he pulled the hood of his baggy sweater up, even the glow of his eyes was shadowed.

Then he heard someone crying. Oliver tilted his head, quietly heading towards the noise. He really shouldn't get involved. His only job tonight was to find more food for the colony, which had been running low, and interacting with humans could mean losing out on a meal. But he couldn't resist the soft sobbing which pulled at his heart strings. He'd been there before.

He walked up to the figure crouched on a park bench and hesitantly stretched out a hand to their shoulder. "Hey. Are you okay?" he asked.
The gunshot still echoed in his ears. That was the last thing he remembered - a gunshot. There had been a shoot out, probably, or maybe even a targeted attack on him from a different gang. Had he gotten hit? He wasn't sure. But he remembered falling and blacking out.

His head was throbbing now - maybe he'd hit it on the concrete sidewalk when he fell? - and something smelled rank. Tate forced his eyes open and almost threw up when he realized he was laying in a pile of garbage inside a dumpster. He tried to sit up and climb out, only to cry out in pain when he moved his leg and realized it was stuck beneath the heavy metal lid. He gave it another tug and grimaced. "Ow."

Tate stretched his arms up, but he could barely reach the lid with his finger tips. He blew a shock of messy brown hair out of his eyes and huffed. Maybe there was still someone nearby. Someone from his gang, even a passing civilian. He cupped his hands to his mouth and yelled. "Can anyone hear me?" he called. "Help, please? My let's stuck!" Something dripped down his cheeks, and he realized he had tears rolling from his eyes. Probably because his leg hurt so bad. "Anybody?" he called again.
Tommy Haze winced as the pouring rain dripped from his pink hair into his chocolate brown eyes. He tugged the hood of his blue sweater closer, mumbling to himself as his tattered sneakers slapped against the pavement. He knew he should've brought a coat. It was his turn to patrol his gang's small territory - only a few blocks - and he was already soaked to the bone, shivering and hoping he didn't run into anyone so he could get back to the gang's hideout.

Currently, the Octopus Gang resided on the first floor of an apartment complex; their leader, Octavius, was close friends with the landlord and even had a little blackmail over them as a backup plan. Tommy had his own room on the first floor, and the longer he walked through the rain, the more he longed to be back in his bed, curled up under a pile of warm blankets.

Normally he'd want to be outdoors practicing parkour, but he didn't want to risk slipping in the rain after his last accident. He sighed and slid a hand into his pocket to feel for his gun. It was still there. He'd been trained to use it, but hadn't had a need to yet. He wanted to keep it that way.

Then a loud clatter sent him whipping around and pointing the gun straight at the sound. Tommy narrowed his eyes, inching towards a messy corner of the alley where there were trash cans and piles of debris piled up in a mountain. "Who's there?" he called out, setting his jaw. He watched intently for another sign of movement, blocking out the sounds of the rain pattering against the pavement around him so he could focus better. If he was lucky, he'd find that a stray cat had knocked over a trash can lid. If he was unlucky, he'd run into the police, or even worse - someone from an enemy gang.

He really hoped it was a cat.
His lungs were burning. Kenneth Arrow coughed and staggered through a pile of copper and metal debris, unintentionally kicking pieces aside before sinking against a nearby wall. Only a few minutes ago, the brunette had been sneaking around an old space cruiser complex. It was rumored to be abandoned. But Kenneth had seen small cruisers flying in and out of the complex occasionally, and since he lived right nearby, he'd decided to go and take a look.

Then the floor had fallen out from under him. Like Kennth, the space cruiser complex was located in Upper Floaten - half of a city that was kept aloft with powerful thrusters and pipeline systems. But it hadn't had a remodeled base in years, and when Kenneth tried to walk on it, he'd fallen straight through and crashed into Lower Floaten without even a helmet or rebreathing system to protect him from the polluted air.

Now he was frantically dragging himself through the back alleyways, desperate to find clean oxygen. He pushed himself off the wall he'd been resting on and stumbled out onto a city street. "Does - does anyone know where I can get fresh air?" he called out. There were only a few people nearby, and unfortunately for Noah, they were farther away than he thought and couldn't hear him calling out. The twenty-one-year-old's knees wobbled before his legs gave out and sent him crashing to the sidewalk. He coughed and gagged slightly, his vision blurring, and he tugged at his coat collar in the hopes of breathing easier. "P - please! Air!" he yells.

Kenneth couldn't believe how hoarse he sounded. He grimaced and tried to crawl towards the wobbly shapes that looked somewhat like people. He finally thought to use his shirt as a makeshift filter and yanked it up over his mouth and nose, but it was no match for the thick smog of Lower Floaten, and after a few minutes he collapsed on his side with his chest heaving. Everything was spinning. He curled up on the concrete and tried to lift his head to see where the nearest person was. But he wasn't getting enough air, and as he gave a few more harsh coughs, his eyes started to slip closed.
Laura Rockwell, known as Lacy by her friends, popped out of the rusty pod that was her transport. She brushed brown-blonde hair from her freckled face and adjusted her leather goggles to fit over her dark, grey-green eyes with a grin. Then she rattled the shoulder of her AI companion bot, Tundra. He was shaped like a white wolf, though of course he had several add-ons and tools built in.

"Tundra, this is so exciting! Our first mission!" Lacy squealed. "I can't believe Commander Turner trusts us enough for a solo mission without even finishing training."

The AI bot huffed and swiveled his ears back. "It is . . . interesting. I'll give it that," Tundra said slowly. His eyes turned red as he powered up his scanners, moving the beam across the mostly dirt ground. "Speaking of interesting . . . high signs of biology here, but I'm not picking up any humans right at the moment. And most of the targets are underground."

Lacy tilted her head, sliding off her pod and hopping onto the ground with a puff of dust. "Huh," was her main response. "It's probably just a bunch of worms, Tundra. I wouldn't worry about it." She pulled a paper map from her pocket and flapped it open with one hand. "It looks like we're surveying everything from here to a five hundred feet radius. I guess we'll be here a while," she murmured, heading off across the eerily barren dirt hills.

Tundra's servos squeaked quietly as he padded beside her, ears and scanners constantly on the lookout for danger.
Timothy Tally scrambled over the edge of the nearest ship, his black leather boots scrabbling against the wood as he pulled himself up on a rope. His head whipped over his shoulder frantically. A group of guards dressed in red armor were shoving their way through the nearby crowd on the docks. They hadn't spotted him yet, but they were uncomfortably close. He winced and pulled his satchel closer before hopping over the railing of the ship.

He needed to hide. Fast. Thankfully, the ship already seemed to be leaving the harbor, so all he needed to do was find a good enough spot and he could ride the ship all the way to its next destination. He glanced around to try and find somewhere to settle in, his dark brown hair whipping across his suntanned face. There were a few crew members moving about; pirates, from the look of it. Timothy swallowed and carefully snuck towards a set of stairs that lead below deck.

There he spotted an empty barrel and hopped inside, carefully pulling the lid over himself. It wasn't the best hiding spot. But it would have to do until the crew got settled in and he could find a better one at night. He sighed heavily and sank to the bottom of the barrel, flipping open his satchel. The small, shimmering aqua colored fish statue he'd stolen was still there. He smiled and closed his bag. He wasn't sure what exactly the statue was, but he knew it was worth a lot of money, and once he sold it he'd finally be able to buy his own place to live.
Benoli whined softly and curled up tighter in the small concrete pen, his back to the wire door. His dark brown fur and amber eyes were hard to see; the fluorescent lights above him flickered and crackled, occasionally plunging him and the rest of the shelter into darkness. The sound of barking dogs was deafening, and his chocolate brown eyes brimmed with tears. He never should've snuck so close to a human town while looking for food. Now he was trapped in an animal shelter, and what was worse, he was on death row because of an overflow problem.

He winced and curled his fluffy tail beneath him. He couldn't just reveal his human form to the staff, either. Then the shelter might call somebody worse and he'd be dead for sure. He'd just have to try and break out when they took him to be euthanized, or hope he somehow got adopted in less than a day . . .

He shivered fearfully and dragged his head across the metal floor towards the door of his cage. Somebody had to come. They just had to.
Adam Collins paced near the front window of his house, messy blond hair shadowing his blue eyes and freckles. He'd ordered a surprise pet from a nearby pet store as part of a ruse with the cops. They all wanted to see the store shut down. A bought pet could prove the store's illegal activities if it shows signs of abuse or something similar.

From the pet store's descriptions, the pet could be almost anything. A neko, a normal dog, an alligator, a snake. Adam had a slew of supplies ready to be as prepared as possible. There was a guest room set up with fresh sheets, a large heat lamp in the corner, a heated blanket on the floor, a kiddie pool of treated tap water, and a scratching post - not to mention all the varieties of food in the fridge.

Adam sighed and peered between the front door curtains again.

All that was left was for the crate to arrive at his front door.
Moonlight and broken boards floated across the quiet ocean waves as large fishing vessels huddled together in the water. Some were torn in half and partially sunk. Others had been burnt or smashed apart. Nets were strung like spider webs between them, tangled around ships' rudders and through masses of tall kelp that grew in the bay. Every now and then, chunks of bodies would float up through the debris, only to sink back down below the darkened waves.

And through the mess and wrecks a mermaid crept. Their eyes were clouded but sparkling, like opals held just beneath the surface of the water. Their mostly white hair shimmered with highlights of blue, pink, and turquoise as it swirled through the waves. Carefully, they pulled themselves through the broken ships and sunken sails, expertly darting past the nets and the bodies.

They'd heard sounds of a battle hours before. And now that it was quiet, their curiosity had gotten the better of them. They poked their head through portholes and even grew brave enough to pull themself out of the water onto a small nearby ship. Then they crawled around the deck, dragging their tail behind them; there was no point in transforming when they wouldn't be out long. The gills on their neck pumped as they took a few cautious sniffs. If there were any humans still alive, they'd have to be wary. But they did want to know what happened. Maybe they'd have to ask about the battle if they did find a human, regardless of their pod's rules. They were already breaking several just by being out of the water in a harbor; what was one more?
Cael thrashed back and forth a few more times, panting. He knew he shouldn’t have gone anywhere close to the fishing docks, but curiosity had gotten the better of him. Unfortunately, the dark, murky lake water had made it hard to see, and he’d run right into a net left dangling in the water to catch fish.

Now it was nearly impossible for him to move. The net was wound around his arms, tail, and even his neck. It only seemed to get tighter with each struggle. Tears of pain shimmered in his pale green eyes, and at last he fell limp in the net, trying to catch his breath. Then he heard a nearby noise and tensed. His eyes went wide as he saw some sort of figure moving around on the dock above water. He flicked his ear fins back, narrowing his eyes to try and get a better look. What was a human doing out here so late at night? He gulped and held stock-still, hoping whoever it was didn't see him . . .

But it would be hard to miss a mermaid with a shimmering, light gold tail and translucent white fins that almost glowed in the moonlight, even underneath all the nets, kelp, and water.
Amari dragged her black forked tongue across her deep sapphire scales, her light eyes peacefully closed. She had a somewhat stocky body for a dragon, in that her paws were large, with fins that feathered out like the fur of a Clydesdale horse. Tall, spiky fins ran from her head to the tip of her tail. They looked sharp, but were flexible and smooth and built more for cutting through water than flesh. A few were missing or torn.

She let out a soft rumble as she rolled over on the large grey rock she was grooming herself on. Her wings spread out across the warm stone and the soft grass below. The membrane had mostly healed, but there were still scars there from when she'd had a rider. She tried not to think about that time.

For now she was safe with a horde of dragons that lived high in the forested mountains. It was snowy and treacherous for humans three months out of the year, and it leant itself to storms and rain in the fourth month. Amari's tongue flicked out to scent the air. Rain was on its way, or would be, in a few hours. Thankfully there was a large underground system of caverns that her horde had made plenty of nests in. The drastic mountain weather wasn't a threat, for the most part, except for the dragons tasked with hunting food. But Amari was lucky enough to have been tasked with guard duty, and even then she only had to stand on shift for a few hours.

She yawned and stretched her front paws out before lazily glancing about herself. Hardly anything had happened During her duties the entire week. Surely today would be no different.
Luke Banewood sighed and rolled his eyes, stuffing his hands further into his pockets. He'd been listening to his uncle chatter about how the auctioneers settled on different prices for things like teapots and old milk bottles. It wasn't the kind of thing he'd been picturing when his uncle told him today he'd learn how the man got much of his wealth. Luke tossed his light brown hair out of his eyes and tried not to yawn.

He and his uncle - a tall, gaunt man with eyes sunken into his skull, and who always wore a three piece black suit - strolled past tent after tent of small auctions. Sounds from one of the tents suddenly caught Luke's ear, and he squinted his eyes and inched closer. He could hear what sounded like dogs, cats, and parrots, yet the noises were mixed with human voices.

"Ah. I can tell you have the ear for nekos, as I did," his uncle said with a chuckle.

Luke stiffened and glanced up at him. "Nekos?"

"Sure. You know, humanoid creatures with animal features - say, that would make a great tag line for the next advertisement! But yes, I've been in the pet trade business for years now. And today, you'll be getting your first pet. You're certainly old enough at twenty one years old."

Luke faked a smile, but he hid a grimace. He'd figured his uncle had gotten rich off of stolen jewelry or something. Not live people. So as his uncle pulled back a tent flap, he hesitantly walked inside, hoping no one else could tell that the color's drained from his face. It felt wrong.

"Go on, lad. Pick anything you like. Your birthday is coming up soon, you know," his uncle added brightly, tipping his hat to one of the sellers as they walked in.
Loud squawks, chirps, and growls echoed through the hot cloth tent. The smell of animals and rusted metal lingered in the air. Between the cacophony of sounds and the cramped space filled with cages, it was enough to drive anyone insane. But Milo barely noticed it any more.

He'd been here longer than most of the other nekos and animals mixed with humans. Since he was twelve, in fact, and he was eighteen now. He barely spoke to humans. Usually, he'd only risk talking to other nekos under the cover of darkness. And his tendency to scratch and bite anyone who got close to his cage made him a hard sell. He couldn't even count how many times he'd been marked down.

The neko shuffled a bit in the cramped cage and flicked his black cat ears against his head, his tail curled limply around him. There was a black muzzle over his face that kept him from biting, which was only removed when it was feeding time, and a short chain connected from the collar around his neck to one thick bar of the cage.

It had been so long since any customers had gotten close to his cage that he didn't even notice when the tent flap door opened for the hundredth time that day. "Warning: Will Bite," a sign on his cage read. "Not a Beginner Pet. But Cheap."

Last edited:
Hey there, if you're interested, Escape From Banewood Manor sounds interesting!!

HI! Are you still looking? I'm super interested in The Octopus Gang or A Breath of Fresh Air (but I see you've already got a lot of interest in that one!) :)

HI! Are you still looking? I'm super interested in The Octopus Gang or A Breath of Fresh Air (but I see you've already got a lot of interest in that one!) :)
Hello! I definitely am, in both of them! :D

I'll send you a conversation to work out some details ^^

Hello there! I'd love to do the gangster in the dumpster and that's fishy roleplay with you if you're still looking for a partner! Your starters are great and I really enjoyed reading them!

Hello there! I'd love to do the gangster in the dumpster and that's fishy roleplay with you if you're still looking for a partner! Your starters are great and I really enjoyed reading them!
Awww yay!! Thank you 🥰 I'd love to write with you! I'll send you a message :D

Hello! There were so many good plots I had trouble picking between them all. I am currently torn between How Much is That Werewolf in the Window? and Definitely Not a Cursed Statue. Did you have a preference between these two?
Hi, there! Yeah absolutely, I'll send you a convo! :D

Hello there, I find the starter, “Soft, soft ears” very interesting and I would love to talk to you about it! ☺️

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back