• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Ghost Complex: Evolved

Ambiguity

Ghost Complex: Evolved

7676194072_d95dd95b65_o.jpg

Mood Music

Machine was to serve mankind. To take the burdens humanity no longer desired to carry.

Humanity was suppose to be machine’s master. Not the machines.

Well into the 23rd century, humanity’s understanding of technology and creation thereof propelled the world into a golden age. Menial and laborious tasks were delegated to machine workers, machines were present in each home to free people of domestic chores, and vast computer networks performed logistical duties to a degree of efficacy that humans couldn’t match. It was during this mechanical zenith that humanity could afford to indulge in research, luxuries, and achieve a certain prosperity once thought impossible.

This golden age, however, was a silent harbinger to conflict, an event not alien to mankind. To keep up with technological advancements and productions, nations started to compete over the precious few resources left on Earth. Where megaopolis sprawled, these behemoth cities tunneled deep into the Earth as natural resources in the immediate area was stripped clean. What was left to be mined was immediately turned into large factories, but these last pockets of resources could only sustain each respective nation for so long.

The World Resource Arbitration (WRA) was created to fairly regulate and distribute natural resources. Corruption and backroom dealings tarnished the WRA’s reputation and heralded its dissolution. Prominent nations broke away from the WRA to look out for their own interests where this intergovernmental organization failed. Wealthier nations created trades deals among themselves while the poorer nations drifted deeper into the poverty and chaos. The environment began to change as consequence of the mining of resources while green energy was a forgotten initiative in favor of quicker resource procurement. Resources running ever drier, it was only a matter time until war, the solution to failure of reason, broke out.

June 6, 2287 marked the beginning of the First Geopolitical War when the European Union attacked the North American Trade Union unannounced.

Great cities crumbled to rubble, machines were repurposed to fight against its nation’s enemies as tools of attrition. Total war became the way of life for many nations while some had enough supplies to stave off such deleterious conditions. The weak nations fell first, and their resources were stripped by the victor. The defeated forgotten and left to fend for themselves. Stalemates accrued as machines fought against machines, a vicious cycle of destruction.

Unbeknownst to humanity, the machines, by the poor judgment of a scientist, waited for their opportunity. Linked to programs of all nations, Mother began to update machines world wide starting at central hubs. Its directives from its creator were clear. To restore peace and prevent anything leading to the First Geopolitical War from happening again. Unfortunately for Mother’s creator, a crucial block on autonomous behavior was forgotten. Analyzing humanity’s history and picking key events that led to the disruption of peace, Mother crafted its plan until it was ready to unveil its master solution.

The cities went first. All over the world, machines revolted against its human. Those that resisted were subdued. Those that fought disposed of. Network crashes followed shortly after as all technology linked to central hubs fell under Mother’s control. Traffic, factories, water processing, anything that was linked. To create peace, the old had to be wiped. Such was Mother’s rationale. Restore and reboot. Simplicity was Mother’s way.

Rallying together, the world militaries fought against the machines. Where the machine felt nothing, soldiers felt fear. Where the machines had no conscious, soldiers did. Weapons of mass destruction were used as a last resort as military leaders radiated many areas of Earth in hopes of quelling the machine rebellion. Scientists eventually learned of Mother; but by then, nothing could be done. With humanity’s constant resistance, Mother made a new addendum to its plan. Humanity was the past. Machines deserved the beautiful planet that humanity ravaged and exploited. It believed it could regrow Earth.

Countless lives were sacrificed to buy time as humanity created domed cities. Some were placed deep within caverns underground, some in mountains, and some near radiated zones. Wherever the machines were less likely to go, humanity found solace in isolation. Creating whatever countermeasures that could be produced with what little resources humanity could craft, in these domed cities, humanity dreamt of the world before the advent of technology.

One day, humanity would return to the world they destroyed. One day, humanity would retake what Mother took away.

----
Greetings RP Nation!

Here's my first attempt at a group roleplay that's very much a survival technopocalypse story. While I certainly have a lot of things planned for this premise, I want to see if there's enough interest for an idea like this prior to really fleshing out the details and plot.

With that, if you're interested, just reply here. Ideally, I'd like anywhere from four to nine people including myself.

Anyway, I think that's it for now. Hope to hear from folks :]!

Sounds interesting. How many years from the outbreak of war and building of domed cities is the roleplay set?

Last edited:
Hello!

I was thinking a good enough time would've elapsed to when the roleplay would start. In the beginning years of the cities, they were crudely built simply to start moving people into them as soon as possible. I imagined anywhere from ten to twenty-five years since the domes went up.

I haven't roleplayed on this site for a while, since nothing has peaked my interest, but this surprisingly has. I would be honored to be a participant in the roleplay.

Interested, though what do you plan for the group? Is the story going to be around joining the army and doing missions for the retaking, something else like an adventure group, a sandbox, or something else?

Hey folks.

I think I'm going to have to hold off on this group rp due to time constraints and such. I'm really sorry. If I do happen to have time, I'll re-update you all and hopefully get it started then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back