• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ghibli roleplay search (m/f)!

hi there! i'm currently craving ghibli-inspired roleplays.

i'm 20 years old and have been roleplaying since i was 12. i usually reply a few times a week unless i'm very busy, and typically type a few paragraphs. i can play any gender, but i prefer males. romance is a must for me in roleplays, and i'm currently looking for m/f, with me playing the male.

i'm searching for a partner that is 18+, able to write a few paragraphs with good grammar and spelling, and willing to contribute ideas. obviously, considering my preferences, i'm also looking for someone comfortable with playing the female in a m/f pairing! a partner who's ok with playing various side characters would be preferable, as well. additionally, please let me know if you have any limits/triggers when you message me!

there's a few plots i'd like to do. honestly, most of them are pretty much rip-offs of my favourite ghibli films with only a few small variations. but how the stories progress is completely up to us!

bolded is the role i would prefer to play.

1. muse a is a witch. on her sixteenth birthday she leaves her home, with only her broomstick, her talking cat, and a few supplies, to find a new town to live in and discover her specialty as a witch. settling into a town, she happens to meet muse b, the moody son of a witch whose lack of magic is a source of great disappointment for him. at the behest of his mother, he begrudgingly befriends muse a to help her settle in and find her passion. (kiki's delivery service)

2. muse a is an unassuming girl from an unassuming family. her life has never been anything but ordinary, and while some girls her age might long for more excitement, muse a is comfortable with the normalcy of her life. one day, however, muse a's family's shop is visited by an older man that she has seen around from time to time. smitten by her, he expresses his love, and asks her to go out with him. not knowing the man well enough, muse a bluntly turns him down, only to be cursed by him to look like an old woman. unable to face her family, and desperate for a way to break her curse, muse a leaves home in search of a well-known wizard she believes might be able to help her. but when she finally finds his castle, and practically breaks in, she is shocked to discover not the polite, esteemed gentleman she'd heard about, but muse b instead. muse b, who is a messy, flirtatious, incorrigible young man who can barely clean his own room, let alone break a curse. (howl's moving castle)

3. muse lost their parents a few months ago and now lives in a countryside town in japan with their old grandfather. they've never been one for many friends, and prefer to spend their time alone. one day they choose to explore the local woods and happen upon a tunnel. when they pass through it, they arrive in an abandoned village. with a curious streak, they explore the village for some time, but when they try to return to the tunnel they find that it is gone. that is when muse b, a mysterious young man who works at a bathhouse, appears, and helps muse a to blend in. with nowhere else to go, musa a is forced to work at the bathhouse filled with strange creatures, while trying to find a way to return home. (spirited away)

4. muse a is a high school/college student student who has recently escaped an abusive household. while looking for a place to stay they pass through a park at night and stumble upon a woman being cornered by a pack of wild dogs. muse a shoos the dogs away, and, in return, the woman suggests that they go to the shrine in the town if they need a place. muse a takes up their offer, but when they arrive at the shrine they find that it is no ordinary shrine, but one inhabited by yōkai, one of which is muse b, a young man who does not seem keen on the idea of a human living with them. (not ghibli, but inspired by an anime i've seen)

if there's a plot from another ghibli film you want to do, i'm totally open to it. or if you have your own ideas, i'm open to them as long as they're ghibli-esque.

i think that's about all i have to say. if you're interested, please private message me instead of replying here!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back