Journal getting everything together

Honeymead

sewer rat
I've went for so long with no motivation to better things for myself, only digging deeper and deeper into that hole; losing who I am along the way.
I decided a few weeks ago I was tired of feeling this way, and I'll simply think another way. I can do this; I can be a person in the world with assets and who does their taxes and goes to work and has hobbies and still washes clothes every now and then. (We're not gonna talk about folding just yet, though)
I had been poor for too long; blowing my money on things I don't need or will ever use, and thinking it was the worlds fault I had no cash in my pocket.
I had been so unhappy and insecure, even though everyone around me was telling me I'm truly loved in their eyes.
So, I'm officially over it.

I love doing the laundry, I love cleaning my house, and paying bills.
I love watching my credit score go up, slowly but surely.
I love the way I look, and the way my clothes hang on my body.
I love being able to have energy to role-play and paint again, or even just talk to my friends that I had abandoned for months on end.
I love being happy doing what I'm doing, at my own pace, and making noticeable progress at the same time.

So if you're in a bad spot, just sit and think for a minute. Is it really the world against me or me against myself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back