Video Games Getting a PS4!

Cold Ramen Noodles

This account is closed.
Hey. :) I have some older games (PS3, Wii U, Gamecube, 3DS) but nothing next gen. I have a choice between a PS4 and Switch and I'm choosing the PS4. Much better game selection.

So I'd love some game suggestions! I love RPG games and open world ones. Games with a huge and interesting story! Not a fan of shoot em ups. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Buy persona 5 it’s the only game you need on the PS4. Also buy bloodborne and nier automata, but buy persona 5 before all of them.

Buy persona 5 it’s the only game you need on the PS4. Also buy bloodborne and nier automata, but buy persona 5 before all of them.

What's that one about? :) Asking people who play the game is so much more reliable than looking up commercials.

What's that one about? :) Asking people who play the game is so much more reliable than looking up commercials.
It’s a jrpg that came out last year. Basically you go into the minds of corrupt adults and steal their hearts so they feel bad and repent for what they did. It sounds weird but it’s the best game I’ve ever had. It’s a long one, but you’ll never get bored of it.

It’s a jrpg that came out last year. Basically you go into the minds of corrupt adults and steal their hearts so they feel bad and repent for what they did. It sounds weird but it’s the best game I’ve ever had. It’s a long one, but you’ll never get bored of it.

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll write it down. There are just so many games that it gets overwhelming trying to look up what PS4 games to get.

Oooh Dragonball Fighter Z or Monster Hunter World are also very good options!

Are those mostly fighting games? I'm not a huge fan of SSBB type things. But love open word anything! And big RPGs with stories.

Ah, yes Dragonball Fighter Z is a fighting game but Monster Hunter World is an action RPG that I'm fairly certain is semi-open world (meaning the maps are fairly huge)

If you haven't already played it, I highly suggest you get The Last of Us.
Pretty much the best game I've ever played.

If you haven't already played it, I highly suggest you get The Last of Us.
Pretty much the best game I've ever played.

Isn't that mostly just a shoot em up zombie sort of thing? If there's a good story, I'd be interested. But not sure that I'd like to just shoot zombies for hours.

Isn't that mostly just a shoot em up zombie sort of thing? If there's a good story, I'd be interested. But not sure that I'd like to just shoot zombies for hours.
No. It is not a shoot em up zombie game. In fact, ammo is quite rare. There's also an extremely good story. At least I thought so.

Dragon Quest Builders is an adorable game that doesn't really require much knowledge of the Dragon Quest series to enjoy. It's definitely inspired by Minecraft, but rather than being totally sandboxy you're given goals. You build up different towns in a ruined fantasy world, fulfill requests for the villagers, and help them fight off attacking monsters.

Final Fantasy XV is a flawed game, but it's definitely worth experiencing. It's an RPG with a heavy focus on replicating the feel of a roadtrip. The storyline kind of falls apart in the latter half (but it does stick the landing pretty well) and the game also becomes rather linear after a certain point. There are a lot of neat systems centering around one character's love of photography, another character's love of cooking, and the setting is pretty interesting. A lot of gorgeous scenery, too.

There's also Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, which is an HD port of the PS2 game. It's one of the Final Fantasy games I haven't really played but it's supposed to be an excellent way to play the game, from what I understand.

I've also heard good things about Horizon: Zero Dawn but I haven't played it yet. Too many good games are coming out and I can't keep up with them all!

Confirming the good things about Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's an open world game where ammo is crafted from the land (ie infinite ammo if you carry enough sticks) and you are a badass ginger hunter who likes to hide in tall red grass. There's a main quest, but so far the most fun is running around trying to avoid all the monsters and then being super satisfied when you manage to kill something new, or an older enemy in a much faster way. Also you can't just shoot things and hope for the best, strategy is the way to go. Looking for their weaknesses, setting traps, ambushing them, using the environment to your advantage, using your tripcaster and ropecaster which suddenly becomes a lot more useful a little bit in the game, etc. Also layering layers upon layers of tripwires and waiting for a robot to walk into them is one of the most fun ways to start a fight.

Adding onto the Last of Us not being a shoot em up zombie game, the game cycles between exploring, encounters, resting, and story. I don't know about everyone else, but most of my playtime goes into doing the same encounter over and over again for an hour or so until I get it right. Strategy plays a big part here as well. It does not help at all if you enter battle with no supplies or ammo, though after enough tries the game pities you and tosses some loot your way so you can get through the level. Then after you beat the encounter, the game rewards you with new toys and some more story. I haven't finished the game, but so far the story has managed to keep me interested in dying over and over again.

FFXV's worst flaw is having no good road trip music within the game. Well there's a few tracks, but like 2 or 3. Maybe there's a good ingame CD you can buy? If there is, I haven't found it. So if you want to enjoy a more realistic car music experience, you're gonna have to use the playstation's music features. I haven't tested if the USB music works through the pop up menu since it requires a certain file structure, but if you use Spotify it's pretty convenient listening to your playlists. Personally I use the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtracks since I was too lazy to make my own playlist and the songs in there are pretty roadtrippy to me. Also the fishing minigame is apparently fun enough to make a VR version of just the fishing minigame.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, and they just remastered it for PS4. Fully customizable player character, fully customizable sidekick. Big, scary fantasy world with giant monsters and wide varieties of playstyles and an amazing story. It's tough to get into early on, but if you can get over the early difficulty, it becomes super fun and you feel incredibly powerful and it's just marvelous.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, and they just remastered it for PS4. Fully customizable player character, fully customizable sidekick. Big, scary fantasy world with giant monsters and wide varieties of playstyles and an amazing story. It's tough to get into early on, but if you can get over the early difficulty, it becomes super fun and you feel incredibly powerful and it's just marvelous.

Oh hey, I totally forgot this got a PS4 version. Definitely recommended if you haven't tried it out yet. Too bad the Dark Arisen version takes out the gloriously cheesy opening theme, but that's what Youtube is for!

Play the Digimon Cyber Sleuth series; it's pretty good. Also, I'm ready for Ni No Kuni II to come out; it looks promising. The last guardian is apparently really good. There's also the Kingdom Hearts collections and Okami is a great game that was released back on the PS2, but just recently was remade for the newer generation systems. I also agree with Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac Age, and Final Fantasy X and X II remake; always worth it. Also, keep an eye out for the FF 7 remake supposedly coming out this year or next year. Hope that helps.

lets see most of my ps4 games are fighting games but among the rpg ones there are .hack//G.U. though if you have old console games you probably have this one however they added some bonuses to ps4 version. There is ffXV (Semi open world) and FFXIV (MMORPG). Although i dont play Moster Hunter World is currently the hype of open world rpg. There is also dragonball xenoverse games lets say they are somewhere between fighting game and rpg game both can be played solo or multiplayer online.

There are many more games like Horzion that didn't catch my eyes for same reason as monster hunter world but i heard they were pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back