• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Getting 1x1 interest for an old fandom?

animeloulou

One Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hi~

Any suggestions for drumming up support for an interest thread for RPing with an old fandom? I have cravings to RP, but I'm afraid nobody is interested :P

Well, if you want someone to RP an old fandom, you still have to convince those people to roleplay with you in the first place. You can't change the two extra factors that play into fandom interest, being that of people who enjoy the fandom (1) encountering your thread (2). In other words, the only thing you can do is strengthen the appeal of the interest check itself.

Now this isn't to say it doesn't matter what fandom you're trying to go for, as it does matter in terms of knowing who you're trying to appeal to. What do the people who enjoy your fandom enjoy besides it? What kind of people does it attract, what does enjoying that fandom say about someone? For instance, an old and obscure show will probably have been watched by people who are, generally of an older generation, thus building your interest check in such a way as to be more appealing to that demographic would be better.

Besides this, search for yourself to see what people might be around who are interested, like trying to use the search function for it. The more obscure a fandom, the harder it will be to find people interested in it, so you have to take a proactive approach.

Even then of course, please keep in mind that there may just not be any interest for it besides your own and that is not a personal attack against you or your fandom.

I made this thread regarding making a good interest check, feel free to check it out.

All I did was post my rules/expectations, what fandoms I like, and then what characters I can play in each fandom.

I typed it up in about 10 minutes and it seems to work just fine. I mean, I'm getting partners often enough because of it. Of course, I'm not looking for obscure fandoms. But still, my search thread must appeal to people enough that they stick around to read it although I put very little effort into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back