• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Get the adrenaline going (Action/Adventure based. Apocalypse settings and more)

Soda-pop

Lost in a world full of creativity
Hellllooooo
I’m going to keep it simple, nothing too fancy. Just tryin’ to find some partners around here! Can’t wait to get started, so yeah this is my first thread and I have come with the cravings. Right now I want to roleplay something exciting with constant story and conflict going on, Action/Adventure mainly. I like the dark stuff. But if you’re not into Horror or Violence then that’s fine, we could try to avoid it and make it minor. If not, then hopefully you’re still interested if you’re looking for the same.​
Simple stuff
You’re not going to read my whole life-story or anything. Just basic info that is important as a writing partner.

• I’m a female, 18
  • Summer vacation! I have all the time in the world! I’ll be active around here for sure
  • I write 3rd person, nothing else ( I mean unless I’m writing about my character’s thoughts )
  • I reply in multi-para/ a couple of paragraphs, maybe more, it all depends on the situation our characters are in. If it’s a conversation back-and-forth then yeah you’re not getting a novel. But you have nothing to worry about, because I would never give anyone just a sentence. Reply back how you want to be replied back to. Quote of the day
  • If you want to know any more info, just let me know
What about you?
  • First thing, please don’t vanish, I just find that rude. When you’re waiting for a reply that’ll never come. If you’re uninterested, just say, I wouldn’t be bothered by that
  • I think it’s good to chat OOC once in awhile, maybe discuss about the next event in the story. To be honest, I’ve learned that I can be afraid to take leaps and add something new to roleplay. I was worried that my partners wouldn’t like the way it was going. But sometimes you need to take risks with ideas, so chatting about it can make transitions easier
  • I also expect you to do the same with lengths and not give me a sentence. It has to be at least a paragraph in a reply. But it’s okay if there’s less sometimes, again, it just depends on the situation in the story
Romance genre- It’s not my main objective when I write a story that involves two characters around the same age. I don’t mind if the characters are just friends in the story, strong friendships are fun to create. I usually don’t like roleplaying just romance. I like side-romance in an interesting plot, an evolving and growing type. I also enjoy hopeless romance, love that can be found in even the worst situations, relying on one another.
My pairings are usually MxF.
Characters and relationships-
By relationships, it can mean friendships and duos too btw, that’s basically what I mean by that. So as in duos, here’s examples ( badass and kid duo, weak and strong, best friends, seeing them only as if they were siblings, or the characters can even be actual siblings ). You are allowed to kill off characters, even your main one. Yasss we leave the tears, we love breaking our character’s hearts. But if it’s the main, they eventually have to be replaced with a new main. I can easily play male characters, just not the ones that deal with romance. Side-characters are very important too.

Apocalypse list
End of the war stories are my most craved right now
Zombie
People were becoming inhuman, acting on instinct. Like savaging monsters, rabid and aggressive. Researchers were working together on finding the cure or cause. Many believe it’s a brain parasite that infects the entire body, slowly eating away at the host until they die. But the parasite still lives and grows within the corpse, causing it to keep it moving in some-way. The virus wants to spread out, any open wound contact would do it. The infected were multiplying at an increasing amount until they couldn’t be controlled. Now the world is like a wasteland, just silence, as most people should be. Silent. To avoid the monsters that attack from sound. Other than that, there still is hope to build a society again, small groups never last though.

Alien Invasion
Imagine the universe. Realize how big it is. Humans weren’t the only ones out there. The truth was uncovered harshly.
1. The world ended as soon as they arrived. Nothing was ever the same nor would it ever go back to the way things were. They valued our resources and planet. It was an extermination. Only the quickest and smartest still survive, either in groups or those who go alone. Humans will die off, it’s bound to happen. Some don’t give up so easy and would rather stay alive for as long as possible.
[or]
2. The extraterrestrials were with us the whole time. Observing. They hid in people’s minds, invading their brains until they were fully under control. Aliens aren’t able to breathe our air, eat our food, or drink our water. They were weak against the our oxygen. Therefore they chose to live in us. We were being replaced. The invasion was slow at first but grew rapidly. When they thought it was the perfect time to attack, they stopped pretending they were one of us.

Overpopulation
As the years passed human population had exceeded dramatically from the increasing amounts of births. The negative results overpowered anything good about the outcomes. The environment was being damaged, more clutter, less fresh water, and species extinction. As soon as certain animals and other resources were dying off, starvation was now becoming the main issue. To save the downfall from going any further, people had to made a choice. A law was established that children should be executed and only a small amount will remain until a plan for more food would be organized. People were prohibited to reproduce. If women were caught carrying a child, they would be forced to abort immediately. If she would not comply, the woman will be executed along with the child. This law was brutal and many tried to escape with their families yet many failed. A kid could be no more. Even with this decision, it didn’t stop others from desperately collecting resources, no matter what the cost.

Pandemic
A deadly virus made its way again, time repeating itself, but this time it wasn’t going anywhere nor could anyone stop it from spreading. The disease traveled its way across multiple regions in just a few weeks. At first the government had it under control, hospitals trying to treat its patients, some even piling up in one area, at the same time it was being studied on what exactly the sickness was. People were growing impatient though eventually losing their minds and giving up on a cure. It was then ordered to kill those with the virus. Buts even then the sickness is gradually making its way through the protecters.

A.I takeover
The artificial intelligence eventually reached its peak. Where even the robot’s minds surpassed us humans. Machinery was proven to be faster than brainpower yet there was no worry. They were made to serve and assist us, no invention could ever think like a human. A creater was foolish for thinking that’s possible...Humans were murdered daily and continuously as told and programmed to do. Some were now disguised under human skins themselves to help with the killings. People were too easy to manipulate. But not all, some still make it out there, desiring to fight back.

Nuclear Holocaust
It’s unknown to who or what set off the bomb. All of it came by surprise, not even time to think about it. People were just going through that day. Kids in school, adults at work, cars driving down the road, and people walking across it. A light blasted down and spread out in seconds, wiping most of civilization with it. The aftermath is a wasteland, and for those who survived, some suffered from radiation in their bodies, killing them days after. It’s possible that there are survivors, but how will they continue to live?

Societal Collapse
Has the world gone mad? Yes. All hell just broke loose one day. The fall of human society. People say the demons finally broke into people’s minds, since we live in the devil’s world. But from the perspectives of the ones in the massacre, this came gradually. Violent protests, raids, riots, it could be from the cause of the inequality civilians go through, political disagreements, or the unfair economic system. Whatever it was, they were tired of it and wanted to rebel. The enforcements and government tried to stop the psychopaths but this was the first time almost everyone was against them. The killings of the innocent, hate crimes, buildings collapsing and burning down, there were no longer laws people obliged to. There still are safety shelters protected by the only government that was left, but most don’t make it in time. Stepping outside means anything could happen.

Pollution
The human activities we participated in our everyday lives were the cause of this unfortunate fate. It was only a certain amount of time until the air was poisoned. Cars, planes, power plants, humanity pumped the chemicals and toxins for hundreds of years out into the world. Clean air was a valuable resource now, trees and plants being locked up to keep safe. Its now required for every person to wear a mask, one cannot breathe the atmosphere unless they want to catch the deadly diseases. Sickness from the pollution has gotten worse overtime as the average lifespan when inhaling it is two days until death arrives. The population is decreasing ever since our lungs couldn’t handle the chemicals. It was certain that karma would come back to strike, we just didn’t expect it to come so soon. We shouldn’t complain though, we brought this on ourselves.

Natural Disasters
  • Tsunami
  • Drought
  • Unstoppable Wildfire
  • Dust storm
  • Ice Age
Other Plots
I like to keep these descriptions small and simple. You never know if we could exchange ideas or add onto the plot.
C1: Character one
C2: Character two

Summer camp blues
[basis] We play as brave kids who try to escape from their camp that was violently raided out by an unknown group.

Forevermore
[basis] Someone cursed to live forever could finally find the cure to their suffering after meeting another.

Open Eyes
[basis] Set in the futuristic/cyberpunk era. C1 finds a busted down robot in the many piles of trash littering the city. They decide to to fix it up and get the machine working again. C2 opens their eyes to an unfamiliar world, instantly searching for it’s creator.

Guns & Smiles
[ basis ] C1 is a professional assassin, never failing at any job they’re assigned to. Their recent victim was the boss of a mafia causing trouble in the city. After putting a bullet through his head, they were about to leave before they could get caught. That was when they found C2. The child of the boss. C1 had a choice, leave the kid to die when others arrive, or take it. They end up sticking together like partners. But how will C1 tell C2 that they murdered their father?

Last edited:
I'd love to rp with you! My discord handle is on my profile if you'd like to chat about it (under the About tab). I'm good with apocolypse-styled games but would like to play C2 in Guns and Smiles if you'd be ok with that? I think it'd be hella cute, lol, and writing kids is fun - even if they're older by the time the rp starts.

Hey! I would be super interested in discussing a zombie roleplay with you if you were interested!
Apocalypse is one of my favourite genres to play, and i love to plot how the story goes.
Feel free to pm me to discuss everything more if you'd like!

Hey there! I'm new to this site and believe me, I've come with the cravings too! I've had this idea for a war based rp in a medieval-is setting. I tend to write some decently lengthy replies and I definitely agree with you on the side-romance rather than oh god the whole thing is a romance novel. I like to focus mainly on the plot, character development, and world/lore building. Feel free to message me if you'd like to discuss some plot ideas together!

Heyo! The apocalypse angle seems pretty fun to me, and I'm especially a fan of survival within uninhabitable conditions. Stories about nomads in an unlivable world doing their best to survive has always been super compelling to me! Feel free to PM me so we can discuss details/whatever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back