• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Gestalt Rifts: The Saviors of Lazlo!

Mirgris

Elder Member
Lazlo The City of Magic

There is no finer city in all the world then Lazlo, sitting in what was once Canada, this city has used science and magic to make itself great. The greatest asset to this city has always been its acceptance, all are welcome in lazlo. Anyone may come and make there home, man,d-bee and even dragon stand side by side proudly. Lazo has taken that diversity and used it to grow into a city where all branches of science and magic are studied, even in fact together, home of Magic-tech, Lazo has made great strides and its people reap the benefits. Lazlo has taken a rift, normally a dangerous magical anomaly that spits out demons and monsters, and turned it into a great power generator so that the entire city has free power, and through free power a variety of other things become cheap or free themselves.

However not all is perfect for the world outside wants to bring trouble to this little utopias doorstep. The collation states have been on a war path eliminating the non humans and magical where ever they can and there is no greater home to magic and racial diversity then Lazlo. That war is only a matter of time.

The collation is much larger and stronger then Lazlo and is , not even there only worry, "Free Quebec" a fairly short distance away is no longer a Collation state, but still holds there values a sympathizer to there cause.

In short Lazlo has become a beacon of hope, attracting many of all races and magical talents and for there openness and understanding enemies filled with fear and hatred surround them. With only a militia of a single city how can they hope to withstand the oncoming storm....

Unless heroes can be made.

04d30fc80eef82f0e40dcd1a7399df90.jpg
anti_vampire_wardog_by_madjaguar.jpg

@Sherwood

"Arl Xzzyn" is leader of Lazlos small military more a peace keeping force then a true army. He has on a few occasions hired you for work in and around the city, however you have always felt the Dog Man De-bee was testing you more then anything else. This time, the note delivered by a young soldier seems to hold with it a certain gravity.

He ask you to meet him atop a small armory nearby.

"Renna , tis good to meet you once more. We await a few others to form pack before you go on hunt, this is a special hunt, much danger and much rides on it being done well, members chosen most carefully for unique talents but new to each other, hope you can learn trust quickly"

Within moments he is interrupted by the arrival of a young samurai

@Seraph Darkfire

A scroll most unusual was hand delivered to you, bearing your Daimyos seal. You would not trust it but an old friend delivered it before having to be on his way with several other delivery's to make quickly.

"The people of this city have request my aid and you are perfect for what they ask.

Go to this meeting place and accept there mission for you.

I want you to be the eyes into the hearts of these people.

I can not leave here, so you must judge, them on the values of our people.

If they are good people provide your aid to them until I recall you.

If you find evil in there hearts as a whole return to me and report

Remember who you are and the whole world will be true to you."

It is odd but it makes sense, few things matter more to a samurai then honor, if war looms your leader wants to know which side acts with honor.

So you go to this meeting place and find two others standing there, a Cyber-Knight and a Dog Man De-Bee

The large dog man waves you over with, what you assume is a smile.

"Ah and here comes our cyborg."

I descend onto the roof, flight is a wondrous thing, even if I can barely feel the wind upon my cold metallic body.

I land on the roof with a heavy thud.

888-Rifts-World-Book-Northern-Gun-Two-preview.jpg
I stand 9 Feet tall and what is obviously at least several hundred pounds of heavy MDC plating on top of MDC plating and parts. The series of weapons vary from miniature missile launchers to what seems like a Techno mage device on one arm.

Arl Speaks again. "Introductions are in order as we await that last one or two, that I hope can make it, so go ahead and get acquainted"

Renna nods to Arl. "I look forward to working with a group again. I've missed the camaraderie of my old team, and it has been some time since the day I came here."

She waits quietly as the new arrivals show up, sizing them up as they approach. With a pleasant smile on her face, she offers out her hand first to the samurai, then to the cyborg. "Well met, good sirs. I am Renna Taeger, a mecha pilot and Cyber Knight. Arl tells me that we are to be working together on a hunt. I am skilled both in my mecha and out of it, and I offer up my skills to make this a success."

Akira found himself in the company of others. It was unusual to be around so much technology given what he'd been taught. However, he was under orders. With only a slight hesitation, he took the young woman's hand before bowing to them "Honored to meet you" he said calmly. The customs of others were certainly a challenge to remember.

"I am known as Akira Ametsuchi, Samurai of the New Empire, I am pleased to be working with you" he currently wasn't wearing his MDC armor. It wasn't the most inconspicuous and it wasn't exactly necessary when meeting with supposed comrades. However, he was never without his Daisho. A Samurai was to never be without the weapons of his trade, even when they slept. To be without them was to be in disgrace.

@Sherwood @Zedalb

@Epiphany

Caroline had traveled quite a bit and made a bit of a reputation for herself. It wasn't that long ago when passing through the City of Lazlo she was given an extensive interview. She was asked to wait a week while being paid a living wage and then to come to this roof today.

As she approaches she sees several unusual people, Including a dogman, a samurai and a large robot or cyborg.

Caroline Windstar

Seeing as she was spending some time in Lazlo and not on the road, Caroline opted to switch to a nice black leather coat over a matching black dress. Something fancy, professional and a bit fierce at the same time. Though she went without armor, she didn't go unarmed judging by the TW Firebolt pistol on a leg holster or the ensorcelled blade sheathed along her back.

Her curiosity and interest in the situation precedes her, at least to those not closed to mental powers. Nothing intrusive but more of a sense of emotional weight, as if this woman wore her heart on her sleeve so strongly that her mood heated the skin like the sun peeking out from behind clouds.

Glancing between those assembled here, Caroline approaches, the heels of her shoes clicking audibly on the pavement.

"Gentlemen," she says with a nod to the cyborg, the Dog man and the samurai. "Lady," she adds with a slight smile at Renna.

"So what's this about then?"

Renna is also armed with a pistol on her hip, but is wearing no armor. Instead, she's got some strange military style uniform on, marking her as not from around here. Renna nods in reply. "Well met. I am called Renna, and we were here waiting for the rest of our assorted bunch to be assembled before getting a brief on our assignment from Arl. Speaking of the rest of our bunch, Arl, are there any more people heading out with us, or have we gotten all the help we'll be needing for this run?"

Last edited by a moderator:
The dog man and leader of Lazlos military takes of a seat on a crate pulling out some folders with notes for each of you.

"The Ruins of old Quebec has become the center of an espionage and propaganda war zone. Our cyborg, can attest to that. He was part of one of there experiments where he was dissected and examined magically piece by piece trying to understand what factor each body part and organ plays on a mages, magic"

The cyborg gives a small nod but remains quiet stoic.

"They are hunting mages, and our allies who go to that city to trade, they are kidnapping them for information gathering, maybe impersonating them to get spies inside lazlo, and to weaken us what ever little bit, by taking our population who goes to that city, its a trap and we warn about the dangers but we can't forbid travel to it.

There Psi hounds and psi hunters are dangerous and skilled, with a strong support network, we want you to bring it crashing down.

In order to do that, they have to be able to read you mind and not get spooked off, for all except for Akira Ametsuchi that means you going to need us to remove this memory, and Akira Ametsuchi can serve as a team leader with a full mission dossier, Its rather drastic, but we are willing to pay extremely well."

He flips through a few of the notes with a deep long sigh. "You see, they have been ramping up lately, and we need to know whos behind the hunting and what there plans are, so we want you to capture as many as you can going as far up the leader as you can, each of you have talents and skills that make this mission more viable, what are you questions?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Renna frowns as she hears the news that her memory will have to be altered. "Only the memory of this meeting will be removed, correct? I have lost so much of my home already that I don't want to lose any more." When she is satisfied, she will nod in acceptance. "Will the costs of any repairs to my tank come out of our payment, or will that be handled separately?"

Caroline Windstar

The Psyscape native frowns a little as she hears the details of this job slowly click into place. Adjusting the Firebolt pistol on her waist, she picks a spot on the roof and sits.

"Well, that's terrible of course," she says at last. "And I'd be glad to help this nice city protect its people from predators. I confess, I hadn't heard Psi-Stalkers or Psi-Hounds were telepathic. I can shield my mind of course but I suppose that would give the game away, wouldn't it. I can alter my aura so as to conceal my psionic and magical abilities...but then I can't very well use either without drawing attention to myself, no?" She grins and rubs her chin thoughtfully.

"I'd like to hear a little more about why we need to pass telepathic inspection in order to dismantle this network of psi-stalkers and psi-hounds. Wouldn't we rather draw a few in and capture them, interrogate them and learn who they work for? Why the need to hide ourselves? Or are you wanting us to infiltrate them?" She spreads her hands and shrugs. "If I'm going to agree to a memory wipe, I might as well know all the facts before I do."

Renna reaches down to a pouch on her side and pulls out a apple and idly polishes it on her shirt before taking a bite. After a moment, she says, "Well, with me onboard, we are not looking at a sneak and peep, but more along the lines of a smash up. I am not a negotiator or infiltrator; those are not in my skill set. What I do bring to the table is a strong ability to dish out some hurt to the bad guys, both inside and out of my tank. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you, but I will do my best to ensure the safety of the team and the success of the assignment." With that said, the young Cyber Knight takes another bite of her apple with a satisfying crunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back