• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Genshin impact, an AU.

“That’s a fair point I understand that” she nodded “but you’ll never know and sometimes you can find something good by taking the risk and chances of you can loose everything and sometimes it’s the right people you missed your chance on.” She mentioned.
“Faith goes a long way Huan, the thing we’re taught is that you get three chances and if pull the stick on the third then your out.”
“Well don’t live with the guard up too much or you might miss something special. You might find someone who be the one for you that you end up loving and can’t because you have your guard up.

Trivet looked down “but it’s true iku, it really is. Like what use am I to anybody, heck I tried to help Huan and failed. I let you down, him down heck even Sukura down what use am I to anyone.?” He questioned. “It’s fine you didn’t have to defend or help me I shouldn’t have done it. Well I lost Huans trust for my mortar mouth running.” Trivet looked down “shattered me but I’m fine.” He said as iku pulled away from him.

“You can’t just leave.” She exclaimed “your hurt and you need us as much as we need you.” She grabbed his arm pulling him back.
Trivet let out an almighty scream as he saw the sword embedded in Iku. He ran to his side and went to pull it out before iku stopped him saying till cause more pain than not hy doing that. Treats streamed down trivets Face “please don’t leave me, I can’t do this without you. I need you by my side. Iku please.” He said panicked, crying, cursing and holding onto iku in his arms.

Sukura listened “that voice what is it?” She said concerned as she waited on guard as she silently cried also over iku placing her hand on his head she knew what was coming and none of them were ready for it.

"you will never know." He quoted. "that is true, i may never know. and that's why i proceed with caution. And you should do the same." he sighed. "taking a risk? i took some risks. here and there but they all ended in disappointment. So why bother at this point." he grumbled. "right people? blah blah. Your to optimistic for your own good, just some useless hoax people do, throw on a fake face mask and reel in their catch."
"Faith doesn't go forever though, just like everything else, there is an end." he said shaking his head. "i think i don't care if i miss something special, everything looks the same to me. Welcome to my world, drenched in black and white. Well wouldn't that be nice if i wanted someone like that but i'm doing perfectly fine alone. and i'll keep it like that." he scoffed. "love..such a pathetic reaction. people use it to their advantage. toy with feelings. lie. i would rather spare myself the misery keeping my guard up then going through something like that."

"just because you couldn't help him doesn't mean you failed. doesn't mean you didn't try hard enough. it doesn't mean anything, you're still the same trivet in my eyes buddy." He said holding him tight. "you have use to me, you have use to everyone else. Don't think differently ok?" he said patting his head. "i still feel bad, you got the flame when i could have protected you or lessened it. I'm sorry for that." He said looking down. "oh come on, i don't think he is upset by that...but can you see? it hurt you and i'm sorry i couldn't help you. will you forgive me?" he asked trivet but didn't hear trivet's response as his figure fell in front of trivet.

"why do you need me?! i'm as useless as a rock here! just let me go and you guys go in peace!" he screamed at sukura but stopped when he saw iku fall dead in front of him. "it's..an abyss herald. Bad news. we need to go." he said looking at the end of the tunnel. "i can hold them off but you need to go!" he said ushering sukura away and trying to get trivet away from iku, his heart thumping as the voices got louder. Huan stood over iku's body, ready to fight. Iku didn't make a sound for a moment as his eyes fluttered back open. "i'm seeing..stars..or is it..chickens.." he muttered. Despite dying, still had some humour left in him. "hey...hey...don't...cry..." he said reaching up to touch trivet's face. "it...it's...ok.." He whispered. "i...love you..you know..that..right?...and you..sukura...you...are....a....great...friend.." he said giving a weary smile. Eyes struggling to stay open, breathing laboured and heavy. "you....can...do..it....i know...you...can" he said looking at trivet with hope. "the one and only iku...believes in you...now..go...i don't...want...to...see...you...die...either......"

“Okay so something happens and you proceeded with cautions that’s fine but just don’t do it so much it pushes people away.” She said “life’s too short to do things alone Huan.” She said looking him up and down.
“Not everyone’s intentions are malicious, not everyone who makes a mistake doesnt learn from it not everyone is perfect l. Huan listen the world did you wrong and I’m sorry for that l, for the views that you have it’s understandable but you can’t honestly be telling me your okay with being alone. It’s okay now and then but not all the time?” She said trying to make him understand her point.
“I mean doesn’t have to be romantic could be platonic or even sibling like look at iku and trivet? Their bond is unbreakable. Wouldn’t you want that?” She asked not realising how careful she needed to tread now.

“I know, I know but I just feel I let you down, I know how much you wanted this to work and I failed you.”’he said hugging into iku holding him tightly not wanting to let go.
“But im not I’m just a kid. What can I do??”’he questioned looking up to iku desperation in his eyes.
“No iku, no don’t apologise you did all you could I don’t blame you at all, well yeah but it’s fine, it’s fine it doesn’t matter now you don’t need to seek my forgiveness I……..IKU!!!!!!”’trivet screamed as he fell infront of trivet, trivet trying to grab him the best he could but panic rushed over his face.

“Because we don’t have a clue to get out without you? And besides we’re not letting you go off to do something stupid.”’she said l crossing her arms
Sukura started to cry when she saw iku fell infront of them trivet scrambling over Iku trying to do all he could to keep him alive.
“What the heck happened?” She cried out.
Sukura got the message and nodded to Huan and helped try and get trivet away but for This moment didn’t work.

Trivet held Iku’s hand to his face tears balling from his face as he looked at iku.
Trivet nodded “I love you too iku, always. I don’t want you to leave. You can’t.” He said holding him more tightly. Taking in his hand one last bracelet for Huan and trivet knew that iku would have wanted him to have it.
Sukura nodded showing him the bracelet she held it close to her chest “you also iku.”.

“I know you believe in me but there’s no place in this world for me without you. Without you I’m nothing truly.”he said wrapping Iku’s arm around him and he laid close into him hugging him. “I’ll go where you go.” He said crying into iku “I don’t want to live in a world where the only one who ever gave a damn about me isn’t.” He said gripping onto iku tightly . Tears staining on iku. As he slowly drifted away. Sukura looked at Huan then at trivet and her instinct kicked in she scooped Up trivet and grabbed huan halting him over her shoulder and ran. Back the way her and iku came with Huan kicking and trying to break release and trivet doing the same just with added screaming and crying she made it to the outer chasm. She placed them down and was ready for the yelling of a life time.

"isn't that what i'm trying to do? not doing this just cuz." he scoffed. "I don't want people in my life because it just causes more headache and nothing more. you may say different but nothing is going to change the fact. So? life is too short to waste it on people who think they can do anything with someone. toy with their feelings and more." he sighed. "I do things alone and it's working perfectly fine, you may think that but in the end, that's just how the world works. face it. I know not everyone is perfect but even then it doesn't stop the fact that people are rude and untrustworthy. But my point being, it doesn't work for you. being alone and all but it works for me and since it's my life that is what matters."
"I know that!" he snapped. "i know it can be either way but i don't care for either one! all are the same to me. Sure it's unbreakable but i don't care. I don't care that i don't have something like that because who would? not me." he grumbled. "watch your mouth. your getting unbearable with your naiveness."

"either way, trivie, you never failed me. didn't fail me before and sure didn't now. Get that in your brain will ya?" he chuckled. "but really. you will never fail me in my eyes, always number one and i saw with confidence. i don't think there ever was a time in my life that i knew you did you do something or say something that disappointed me. No matter what you think or your head thinks, you are my number one and nothing will differ me from that." he said holding him tight. "So? you can be more than a kid but even then, kids can do cool things. you do cool things don't ya? tell stories and play instruments. i call that doing something!" he said giving a smile.

"Well you're going to need to get a clue!" he screamed back. "Oh forget about me and get that kid and his friend away now! It's not going to look pretty for any of us if we get caught by an abyss herald! so get your but up and start moving!" he yelled. "It was an abyss herald if you didn't get the memo. a pyro one of all things, the sword is searing the wound shut. so no blood but still, not a pretty sight." he hissed. watching the shadow in the hallway in front of them shift as the abyss herald got closer. "We need to go now!" he said trying to tug trivet away.

Iku gave a weak gasp. "No...trivie...you...are...something....you...will...always....be..something...in...my...eyes...and....even...if....i'm...not...here...your....still....something" he said holding trivet's hand. "no.....it....would....be....a...shame....to....see.....you....in....the....afterlife....speaking of which.....maybe...i...can...become....a...ghost...or....spirit....but....i....think...i...should...let...life....run...it's...course." he said looking up at the ceiling. "goodbye..."

As he was set down, huan said nothing. Not a single word was heard from him as he watched trivet scream in pain and agony of losing iku. He had his arms crossed, eyes closed facing the chasm. "well..wasn't that grand." he muttered. ready to hear an outburst from trivet. He didn't seem to mourn the loss. a bit flat faced but he did have a little remorse for trivet and iku hidden deep in his gut. He looked over at sukura who was silently crying and sighed. Wanting to say something of comfort to trivet or try too but considering past history with trivet, he decided to keep shut.

Sukura shook her head feeling like giving up trying with Huan, it was hopeless. There seems like no getting through to him.
“Wait hold up a sec” she said looking at Huan “who said anything about toying with feelings?” She questioned.
“That’s just in your eyes from your experience, take Iku and Trivet? They seem to have an unbreakable bond, full of trust?” She said pointing at them as they hugged.
“I’m getting unbearable? Sure and your not? We’re just trying to help you here.” She screamed at Huan.

“I’m sorry, I did the things and I felt disappointed in myself so only assumed you would have been too. What’s their to be proud of me in? I juggle balls for living, play some lute and make up songs about tragedy. Don’t exactly say that is something to be proud of would you?” He asked.
Trivet had a slight tear in his eye with a soft gaze as he looked up to iku small smile could be seen across his face. “You really mean it?”. He said being squeezed tightly but also returning the hug to iku.
“Yeah maybe I guess, just wish I could be as cool as you someday.” He sighed.

“But your coming with us!?” Sukura said as she tried to head toward Huan.
Sukura looked at Huan as he explained it was a pyro abyss herald and worry struck her face…they needed to get out…and fast.
Trivet clung onto Iku as much as he could his grip tighter with each pull of him as tears streamed faster down his cheeks.

Trivet grasped Iku’s hand placing it towards his one chest, his heart and sobbed into Iku’s hand. “No I will never be anything without you, don’t you damn we’ll see that iku, I need you! We promised we would do this together no matter what!” He cried out.
“No, no world Is worth living if it’s not with you by my side I’ll become a prisoner under shogun for my freakin treasonous ballads and you know it. What life will it be for me? I won’t ever be able to find happiness. I need you damn it I need you iku don’t do this to me!” He cried into Iku’s chest the tears seeping into the sword wound. As soon iku mentioned the words “goodbye” trivet gripped tighter holding him in his arms “I love you Iku, remember that big brother. Iku the one and oni”.

Sukura dropped trivet to the ground who just sat there on his knees, staring blankly as the tears kept rolling down his face cresting droplets on the chasm floor.
Sukura looked at Huan “no it wasn’t..” she said taking a moment herself to let out a few tears for Iku.
Trivet didn’t react, was still in a state of shock, looking down at his arms where he last held onto iku. He wanted to scream, but what was the use it wouldn’t bring him back. What could he do except join Iku but they wouldn’t let him, he knew it. All that was left to do, was suffer in this existence alone, cold and empty with a void that will never be filled. The brightly coloured Liyue thst was bursting with rainbow filled technicolour was now a dark dismal grey. Not to anyone else but in trivets world heartbreak and sadness had already set in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back