• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Genesis (Closed)

Characters
Here

animalartist

Professional Over-Thinker
Closed
Squidneytoot101 and AskAboutMyBooks​
The year is 2016, and the apocalypse has begun. The conspiracy theorists were right, and Earth is soon to be a wasteland. Before the beginning of the apocalypse, various survivalists around the US banded together to form one large coalition called Genesis. This organization worked together to build a giant bunker that is self-sustainable. Once the apocalypse began, people flocked to this bunker, but Genesis refused to let anyone in. They announced that they would select specific people if they submitted a form so that they can rebuild society with a well-rounded, skilled group of individuals.

Last edited:
"Sabrina and Carlos Valerio." The voice boomed from the speakers. A woman cried out somewhere in the crowd. My heart was thumping in my chest.
"Hannah Vasquez."
"Demi Vogel." Tears streamed down my face as my father squeezed me. It hurt but I didn't say anything.
"Arabella Watkins." I tensed as they got to the W's.
"Adrien and Sylvia Walls"
"Scout Wilson" My vision blurred. I chuckled and hugged my father. My muscles relaxed. We were safe.

"Megan, Andy, and Kyle Wong" My heart realized what was wrong before my head did. I looked up at my dad. He was smiling at me, his body shaking with sobs and tears dripping on his shirt.
"No," I croaked out. "No." He pulled me in for a hug. I squeezed him tight. "I won't leave. No."
My dad stroked my hair. "You have to." He whispered.
"No." I sobbed. "That was why we came here. To stay together. Please." I buried my head in his shoulder.
"I'm sorry," He cried.

"Anya Zu." The voice reverberated across the desert. "This is the end of the list. The-" The crowd started yelling and screaming in anger, throwing things at the bunker door, banging on it in desperation. Once the crowd died down, the voice spoke again. "The selected will now enter the bunker." The bunker door hissed and opened. Five people with machine guns and armor stepped out and surrounded the entrance. One of them spoke up.
"Will the selected now promptly enter the bunker. We will be checking the selected's identities on multiple checkpoints before admitting them. Please do not attempt to sneak in."
The crowd began to thin as people pushed their way to the front. I didn't let go of my dad. He hugged me tight, then grabbed me by the shoulders. "I love you." He spoke between tears. "More than anything in my life. None of this is your fault. Promise me you won't think this is your fault."
I nodded, tears multiplying my vision.
My father gripped my hand tight and we both stumbled to the entrance. I stopped before the threshold. I couldn't make my legs move. I looked back at my dad. He nodded, smiling at me. I hugged him once more, then walked into the bunker, my body heaving with tears.

I walked into the bunker, in a trance like state. But the trance disappeared as soon as I laid eyes on the multiple checkpoints ahead. I peered at the sheet of paper in my hand. It was not mine. It was the lady's outside, that gave me the papers in a rush after Agatha Brown's name was called. She had quickly explained to me that she was Agatha, but she had cancer, and entered the drawing for fun. She had seen me, and I looked similar enough to her to pass as her. She just wanted another kid to be lucky.
As I neared the checkpoint, I held back a cough. I had to get in there.

“We will now start the M’s.” The speakers shook as the voice started to call out names. My stomach was tied in knots and I had a splitting headache.
“Nellie Mables.” There’s a few shrieks on the other side of the room. A little girl, about twelve gets up and walks to the front of the room with tears in her eyes.
“Matt McCarthy” Sobs can be heard from right behind us. I turn to see a boy, around my age with dark skin and long curly hair. He has tears in his eyes, and his mother and father are holding onto each of his arms. He doesn’t move, so his mother whispers something in his ear and seems to persuade him to go as he gets up and walks to the front, as well.
“I love you, Matt.” His father calls out. Matt turns around and smiles. His mother starts sobbing into his shoulders. I hug Elias, feeling bad for Matt’s parents and glad that I still have him.
“Elias Mendoza-” The voice pauses for a bit. Everything seems to go into slow motion. My hearing is blinded by a high-pitched ringing. Elias looks up at me with tears in eyes. I look at his brown curly hair that flops over his eyebrows. His bright blue eyes, just like mom’s. I give him a weak smile.
“- and Hayden Mendoza.” I give a hesitant laugh and look down at Elias; he’s smiling.
“Let’s go, buddy.” I grab his hand and weave through all the people to the front. I place Elias and I next to Matt McCarthy, the boy from earlier. He smiles at me and Elias. We wait there for what seemed like forever. I spaced out by the time the M’s were over; thinking about all the possibilities Elias will have in Genesis. How he will thrive in a controlled environment away from all the outside chaos. How he will finally receive a proper education. I will have to work, but it will benefit us. I shake myself back into reality when Elias sits on the floor, probably tired from standing. The voice booms again.
“Scout Wilson.” I see some movement in the back of the room. A girl with brown hair and her dad embrace each other.
“Megan, Andy, and Kyle Wong.” The girl shrieks and I realize what’s wrong instantly. I hold Elias’s hand tighter. She sobs, and her father strokes her hair.
Another five minutes go by, and they announce the last selected individual: Anya Zu. The crowd throws a fit, but is died down quickly. The speaker says something, and the doors to the bunker open. Elias looks up at me. I give him a reassuring nod and we enter the bunker; awaiting our new life.

I shuffled through the cramped halls, bumping shoulders with the others around me. Tears rose in my eyes, but I swallowed hard and took a shaky breath before they fell.
"I need to do this," I thought. "For Dad. I have to survive."
"You will each share a room with one other random person. Families will be roomed together." Someone I couldn't see at the front was talking through a microphone. You will each receive a booklet once you arrive at your room, documenting what life will be like in the bunker. To ensure no outside toxins get transferred into the bunker, we will have to dispose of your current clothing, and everyone will have to take a chemical shower."
We came across a large airlock door. They separated us into multiple groups and directed us toward the shower rooms. I stripped my clothes off and stood under a showerhead. I pulled the chain and a stream of cold water drenched my body. The water beat my body for a while, the turned off. I wrapped a sanitized towel around my body and grabbed a set of clothes from an attendant standing nearby. I stood near the wall, as there were no dressing rooms, and started getting dressed, There were black pants that clung to my wet skin and reached about mid-calf, and a clean, white shirt.
The guards handed out room assignments as we walked out of the chem shower rooms. My number was G488. I was directed through endless hallways. It felt like a labyrinth. I reached the door to my future house, and I walked in. There were two sides to the room, and I picked the left side, choosing the top bunk. I climbed up into the soft bed and thought of my dad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back