• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Generic Superhero RP Title

Aaron didn't hesitate much before saying, "No. As it is, we've lost some of our element of surprise the moment that video was taken, and more now, with this interview."

The next question is, “What is the reason you superhumans have joined together now? What sparked this alliance?”

Jax leans over to Kai, saying quietly, “I understand they’re skeptical and wary of us, but aren’t they thinking about the bad guys who might attack us after this shit?”

Aaron said l, "Well, as human populations have been rising and intermingling, we have noticed and increase in metahumans. Not just that, but a large increase in metahumans who choose to use their abilities to the detriment of others. It is very difficult for normal soldiers to go against these enemies, which is where we come in."

Kai mumbled, "They think we're like comic book characters or something. They're too busy trying to get a good headline to really realize what we do."

“Will you ever do military work as super soldiers?” A reporter asks.

In the crowd, a meta human with x-ray vision is watching the interview, having come to the interview to see what these heroes are all about. He smirks, realizing that the one in the metal suit is someone very famous.

“I have a question for Lore. Do you create your own suits or does the government make them for you?” Someone asks.

Jax responds, “I make my own. All of the armor you see on any of us is my work.”

“I’m just a really good engineer. My ability is my brain,” Jax says, not offended at all because he came to terms with the fact that he’s just super smart.

"So there's a difference between having a high IQ and being a metahuman? Or are all really smart people metahumans?" The interviewer asked.

“I think that question is extremely subjective. I think there is a difference between having a high IQ and being able to use that IQ to create weapons for the sole purpose of killing villainous non-humans. If you find a single engineer who is able to singlehandedly make a flying, weaponized suit, please tell them to contact me,” Jax says, hoping that shuts the interviewer down.

The interviewer decided to change the topic to stay on their good side. "Okay. What has been the biggest problem for you all so far?"

“I think trying to stay under the radar. That didn’t really work out, obviously,” Leo says, wanting to speak so the others aren’t stuck with all the questions.

"Yes, that is true. Arcana, you seem to be the only female on the team. Does that seem unfair? Are you intimidated by the men?" The interviewer asked.

Azlyn smiled under her mask. "It isn't unfair, I'm the only female metahuman we've found - and not had to fight. And these guys? No, not at all, we're a team and I have no reason to fear them. I trust them all." Even Leo, who still mostly hated her.

The interviewer nods, and there’s a slight pause for photos, then someone else says, “Have there ever been any in-group tensions between you all?”

Leo speaks up before anyone else can. He thinks it would be best to put forth an image of everything being fine and dandy, not one that would put people on edge and thing the heroes might turn on each other. He says, “Not really. Just the occasional bickering about who ate the last piece of whatever treat we might have. I think we all realized pretty early on that we all have similarities and better make the best of our team friendship.”

Azlyn made certain not to look over at Leo when he said that. She wished that was the honest truth.

The next question was, "For any of you - do you think this job has had tolls on your mental health?"

“I think it has about the same effect on our mental health as any police officer or soldier. It depends on the person, but for me I think the negative effects of our work are outweighed by the positive effects. So that makes it easier to cope,” Kai says, and several of the others nod in agreement.

“I suppose in a way, yes. Our friendships keep us sane. But we do have a therapist on hand at all times in case things happen to get pretty bad,” Kai says.

The next question was asked hesitantly. "I don't know if you can answer this or not, but have any of you ever been injured doing your job?"

“Some of us have. I think that’s a given for a lot of people who fight crime. Nothing too serious, though, we’re all okay right now,” Kai says calmly, going along with the whole dont-raise-alarm thing.

The interviewer nodded, and asked, "Finally, is there anything you want the public to know? About you, about your enemies?"

Aaron speaks up, “I just want everyone to be assured that our team is always growing and we are making sure we have the best of the best for any new recruits. We ask for your support and trust as we get rid of any threatening enemies and keep them from hurting innocent civilians.”

Two days later, Jax and Kai were on a jog through Kai's neighborhood. Everyone had a few days off, and they were taking advantage of it.

Jax and Kai had made up already, mostly due to Jax begging for forgiveness and Kai being very kind-hearted by nature. They weren’t by any means expecting to get recognized that day, much less attacked. But as they turned the corner to an empty park, they were met by three men standing in their path. The two stop running, and Jax stands in front of Kai protectively. “You seem to be in our way,” Jax says, not trusting the shady looking guys in black.

Kai gritted his teeth and waited to see what he would have to turn into.

Two of the men wordlessly pulled out guns and prepared to shoot Kai and Jax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back