• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy Walk-in Tavern RP featuring Everything and the Kitchen Sink

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Exactly as the title says!!

This is an interest check for a walk-in tavern roleplay, which were a dime a dozen and super popular when I started RPing (think Gaia circa 2008). Now, for those of you unfamiliar with the genre, here's a couple guidelines:

No plot. There is some contrived coincidence that brings the characters to this mysterious location, but there's no overarching conflict. Whatever plots arise, arise from characters interacting with each other, or perhaps invoking their dark and mysterious pasts. Also, everyone has a dark and mysterious past. It's the norm.

No character profiles.
Well, that's a lie. A lot of RPs will ask for sheets from characters who work at the tavern. However, for the typical player who has a character who is visiting the tavern, a profile is not required.

No activity checks. Walk-in RPs are the epitome of low commitment. You walk in, post a few times, get bored, and bail out. There's no such thing as character slots, and since there's no plot, it's almost impossible to screw up the story if someone quits the RP.

No character limits. Again - no characters sheets, no character slots (except for tavern staff) and no character limits. If you wanna bust in with ten characters, then be my guest. You're the one who has to post for all of them, not me.

Fuzzy setting. Remember when I called it a generic fantasy RP featuring everything including the kitchen sink? I was not lying. Typically, these threads are set up so that the tavern occupies some anchor point within the universe that allows dozens of characters for different worlds to all show up and interact. Think of it as similar to a multifandom crossover thread, but with all original characters instead. To date, I've seen about six different interpretations of vampires coexisting, lizard-men alongside anthro dragons, and even the occasional giant robot amble along for an oil change at the tavern because why the fuck not?

If this sounds like fun, and you're ready to sell your soul to a welian-branded roleplay, then I have just one question for you.... what should be on the tavern menu?

If this sounds like fun, and you're ready to sell your soul to a welian-branded roleplay, then I have just one question for you.... what should be on the tavern menu?

Quiche, the most mysterious and unknowable of foodstuffs. What's in it? Few are brave enough to ask. Could be anything.

YES.
I'm going to need apple fritters on the tavern menu because I completely despise apple fritters. Also chocolate milk.

Last time I played in one of these RPs, I played a goat possessed by a demon. I named him Billy Bob the Totally Not Evil Goat.

Seriously, if you have a half-baked character idea, these RPs are the best kinds of threads for testing them in.

I'm down. ^^
I vote for the intestinal juices of pitcher plants. We'll figure out if it's edible.. later.

Last time I played in one of these RPs, I played a goat possessed by a demon. I named him Billy Bob the Totally Not Evil Goat.

Seriously, if you have a half-baked character idea, these RPs are the best kinds of threads for testing them in.

I'm planning on playing a hopeless romantic freak who runs a flower shop and wears a "Scream"-style mask.

As long as they're an orphan too.

All joking aside, I'm probably going to bring back my catgirl maid for this RP, because, well.... catgirl maid! They're so kawaii-desu!

Goodness.
I can already imagine what a clusterfuck this will be.
Count me in.

This doesn't seem like this could get horribly confusing or anything like that. Count me in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back