• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy RP (CLOSED)

For some reason, Emmalia paid more attention to Callum when his voice tone changed - she didn't feel like he was lying to her any more. he had a point, and it was fair that she tell him. But there was still that temptation to lie - say it was some curse. Perhaps, though, it wouldn't be too horrible if he knew. "I'm a vampire," was all she said.

Callum paused for a moment. It clicked in his head - she hadn't changed a bit since he saw her three years ago, it made sense. She had great skills, and she was a dark huntress. These were all qualities that a vampire could use to benifit herself and still be considered normal. "That explains it." He said simply. He took a moment to mull it over. "So that's why you haven't eaten? Haven't aged?" He already knew the answer was yes. His brought his hand back up to rub his temple, as his headache had come back.

Emmalia shrugged. "I can eat normal food in small quantities. Raw meat or rare cooked - the stuff from our fires - can sustain me, though barely. Notice how the rabbits I brought for our meals were gutted and bled before I brought them to you? I only kill animals for blood, though, I swear it. As to aging, I have unfortunately lost that ability completely." Unfortunately, because, well, she'd rather have been human. But she noticed how Callum moved his hand to his head, so she asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yes." He said quickly. "Well, Emmalia, I pray that you don't turn my hospitality into something I'll regret." He flashed a smile, but seemed uneasy for a moment. "I hope you know you can trust me with this. Although, if you cross me, we'll have a problem." Callum had no doubt she had proven her good intentions, but he still felt he needed to make it clear he wasn't weak minded. It was natural, since he seemed to be betrayed quite often the past few years. Callum sat up straight and looked down at her. "We can make it to Aman's place in a day and a half when we do end up leaving. I don't want you straining yourself."

"I don't plan on crossing you, Callum," Emmalia said as she sat up on the edge of the bed, then stood. Had he not implied that he'd kill her if she fucked up, she'd have lost some respect for him. She would prefer if someone killed her if she lost control - it would be better that way, for everyone involved.

The healer called from the other room, "You shouldn't be leaving just yet, but I won't stop you."

Emmalia rolled her eyes and said to Callum, "We're leaving. Come on."

Callum nodded his head as he stood up with her, understanding that she'd want to leave. "Thank you again miss." Callum spoke softly but gruff as he adjusted some of the armor that was misplaced over the long night. He was undoubtedly tired, but no matter what he could try, he knew he wouldn't fall asleep. So, on his way out, Callum pulled out his small flask and took a few quick sips before stowing it away again.

Emmalia put on her armor and tbey left. She kept a slow, steady pace. Her wound was still healing, as was her fever. At the moment, she was liable to collapse if pushed too far, so she simply wouldn't push herself. She also decided against commenting on how Callum hadn't slept and how he drank from his flask. That was his business, not hers.

Callum walked close by Emmalia, afraid she might fall over at any second. It looked like the breeze would be enough to cause her to trip, so he made sure he was there if she needed quick support. He made sure to never walk out of her pace, since she was obviously trying to keep her balance well instead of making it back to Aman's castle quickly. "How are you feeling?"

Emmalia looked over at Callum and shrugged. "As well as can be expected, having a fever and all. Been a while since I've had one of these, only poisons and curses can give me fevers any more." Her body was sore, especially around the wound, but she wouldn't complain. Eventually she would heal, then she'd continue doing the same thing as always.

Night fell, and they were a bit less than half way to Aman's. They set up a small fire and while Callum had his rations, Emmalia was obliged to hunt. She refused any offer of Callum's to do the hunting, and merely shot a rabbit with her crossbow so she didn't have to move much. She drank the blood in the privacy of the forest, away from where Callum could see or hear her, then returned and dropped the gutted and drained rabbit on the ground. "You can cook it if you like, it won't hurt you just because I drank from it."

With a heavy sigh, she sat down against a tree facing the fire. In a few moments, she crossed her arms over her chest as she shivered. She had no cloak at all, and no blankets either.

Callum wouldn't admit it, but he was worried about eating after her. Sure he's done it before, but now it was somewhat odd to him. He wasn't afraid of Emmalia in the slightest, but he didn't know how vampirism spread. He decided to take her word for it and put it over the fire to cook. He looked over at Emmalia, seeing her shivering as the fire flickered light across her face. "Would you like my coat?" He asked.

It was a warm night, so Emmalia reasoned she wouldn't really have to feel abd if he had no coat. After a few seconds, she silently nodded. Anything to stop the shivering, and maybe get some sleep.

Callum handed over his jacket to her, placing it around her shoulders gently. "Wouldn't want you to freeze." He gave a smile as he looked into the fire. He contemplated how he was feeling at this moment, unsure if it was sympathetic or a true feeling, but his mind concluded that the jacket might not be enough to prevent her from being cold. So, Callum abruptly scooted closer to her, and put his arm around her. He pulled her close to his chest as he wrapped his arms around Emmalia, without uttering a word.

Emmalia had been cold, sore, and rather miserable for rather too long. So when Callum pulled her into a hug, she didn't fight him at all. She tucked her arms in and pressed her head against his chest, enjoying the warmth of the embrace as well as the embrace itself. Normally she wouldn't allow herself to get close to people, much less to hug them, but she was comfortable with Callum... and tired of bearing her burdens alone.

Callum held onto her silently, unsure if he should speak. He didn't want to ruin the moment by saying something odd or insane, so he decided to keep his mouth shut for the time being. He simply held her close, trying to give up as much warmth as he could to her. He stared over at the fire with her for a while, as the stars and moon shifted above them in the sky. Eventually, Callum decided to ask. "Emmalia, is there anything you'd like to talk about? Any burdens or hardships you've kept bundled up that you shouldn't?"

Emmalia lied and shook her head. What was the point, soon they'd be separated anyway. The more he knew, the more both of them were at risk. She carefully moved closer to him, sitting in his lap as he held her. It was odd to her that he knew of her vampirism and didn't seem to mind.

Callum buried his face in the crook of her neck, keeping his arms tight around her as they embraced. Callum had never been afraid of any form of life-threatening beings ever since he set out on his mission of revelations a few years ago. Instead, he embraced the thought. Knights were known for being stalwart in the face of danger, but Callum was different - he was being stalwart while danger sat in his lap. He found it amusing almost, that something he'd been told was ruthless and vile could be so quietly affectionate. His arms looped around her waist as he kept her close to his chest.

Emmalia enjoyed the silence - it didn't make her question what they were doing. Without meaning to, she fell asleep in his lap, cuddled up against him. It was comfortable to her, being warm with him. She might hate herself in the morning, but for the night, she was content.

Callum smiled softly as he felt her relax and finally fall asleep in his arms. Very carefully and slowly, he laid down against the tree he was sitting in front of, got as comfortable as he could, and waited there, watching the stars above them until eventually he, too, fell asleep in the cool night, his arms never pulling away from Emmalia's waist.

Emmalia woke the next morning to the uncomfortable tingling of sunlight on her skin. Since she'd kept such a reign on her animal instincts, she could still walk in the sun, and by then could just ignore the pain. Slowly she opened her eyes and realized she was still cuddled against Callum. He was asleep, though, and she knew how rarely he slept, so after some besitation, she tucked her head in and waited for him to wake.

Callum had slept well that night, and eventually he woke up from his dreaming. Slowly, his eyes opened and looked around, the mommies of last night dawning on him. To reassure that Emmalia was actually there, he held her tight against him for a moment. "Good morning." He said quietly, not wanting to move from his position. His neck hurt from the angle of the tree he slept on, but he didn't mind it at all.

With Callum awake, Emmalia had no issue with pulling away and sitting up. "Good morning. Good news, I think my fever is broken." She wasn't sure what to think of last night - if he had just been keeping her warm, or the more likely option, he cared for her. And she had let him. That was rude of her, in her mind. Perhaps she should apologize? "Sorry about last night."

Callum raised an eyebrow. "What are you sorry for?" He asked. He had already begun to miss the embraced when she pulled away, hoping she would simply fall back against him and they could rest for eternity. It was one of the best nights he ever had. Callum sat up as well, about to point out that she could possibly be blushing - but he decided to leave it be. For now, Callum simply smiled and rested his back on the tree.

"For taking your jacket and inconveniencing you," Emmalia stated simply. Now that it was day, she could cobble her mask of indifference together again. Emotions got her in trouble... best to avoid them altogether.

Callum quickly saw the image she was draping over herself. Rough girl with no problems and flaws. He chuckled lightly as he rubbed his eyes. "It's no trouble Emmalia. We should get going." He stood up and offered her a hand. He had hoped she'd be more open and less cryptic, but it seems his attempts to get her to open up were thwarted by the morning. Callum was confident though that he could bring out that side of her again in the future with enough time.

Emmalia took his hand and stood. Her shoulder still hurt, but they needed to get moving. She wouldn't let her discomfort be an excuse. Besides, the sooner they got to Aman's, the sooner she could leave Callum's side, and then she could just... disappear again. No need to ponder emotions or the like. But Aman's was over a day away....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back