• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help General Help thread because I get confused often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold Ramen Noodles

This account is closed.
I'm FINALLY going to do some coding stuff on here. XD It's been so long since I've wanted to start and then gave up because it was hard but now I'm trying again. And because I get confused often, I'll post my questions in this one thread to make them easier to keep track of. And please be patient with me because it takes me awhile to comprehend things that might seem really simple.

My first question is for the code that changes backgrounds:

I already put the color I want in. I know that you post this at the beginning of the coding but do you also have to post something at the end to make sure that the color goes throughout the entire coding? Oh, I can't even figure out how to post the code that I'm using. It's the one from the BBcode guide here on the site. But when I try to post the code, it doesn't show it here. I'm really messing this up right from the start.

Last edited:
Am I supposed to be looking at that tutorial that you linked, the BBcode guide, or the BBcode plus guide?

And how do I look at that code you posted?

Ummm, so that is the code. you can use the code tag or the icode tag
Code:
code tag

icode tag

also... are you familiar with classes at all?

I don't know what any of that means. :( I'm starting with no knowledge whatsoever. That's why I was wondering what tutorial a beginner should use to get started making buttons and those sorts of things.

Assume that I know nothing at all. Ans I want to use a tutorial to start learning. But I don't know which one to use since I found two of them and you just pointed out a third one to me.

Yes you should close all your tags.
So if you are using a basic BBC tags the end tag should a square bracket [ followed by a backslash / then the name of the code, in this space COLOR, place at the end where you want that color to stop.

Code:
[Color=red]text goes here[/color]

Like this. Does that help? I assume that is what you meant.

I gave up because I couldn't even figure out what tutorial to use. Thank you, though.

I would still be willing to help. If you place the code you wrote between code tags people, including myself, can see it and help.

This is a code tag

Code:
[Code]replace this text with your coding
[/code]

Cold Ramen Noodles Cold Ramen Noodles I've closed it, and while I know you've given up my advice is to start with just basic BBCode because it's very to the point. You want to change the font color? Use [color=red]Text[/color] Background color? [bg=black]Text[/bg]

All the basic tags for just plain BBCode are here; Tutorial - RpNation - BBcode Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back