• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help General BBCode Assistance

Lightna

Local Ceraunophile
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So, I've taken a gander at looking around this nifty little site, and I have noticed that I have not achieved my utmost potential when it comes to accordions (or really, BBCode in general).

I really only know what the BBCode Tutorial post made by the staff has told me, and as I look around, I'm beginning to find that I'm only scratching the surface.

I am an avid fan of coding just in general and would love to learn so much more about what BBCode has to offer. If one of these coding masters could take me under their wing, I would greatly appreciate it!

I'm not a BBCoding master, and far from it. But I thought I might share what I've been doing to someone whose still digging around too.

See, the people who post those freebie codes up are gods and goddesses from BBCode Heaven. Instead of using the codes directly by copy and pasting, I try to study the code they have and test it out on my own.
That's how I was able to figure out accordions, since even though the RpNation guide is quite helpful, it doesn't go into enough depth for me (like how to color the accordion, center the title, etc.) and studying the freebie codes gives me an opportunity to look at the inside of one amazing code.

If you have time and the patience to do it, it can give really amazing results in the end. However, if someone's still willing to take you under their wing, I'm sure it'll help you learn even faster. Good luck!

I've tried just studying it, but it's too complicated for me to understand @.@ It's easier for me to learn something if it's broken down into sections.

I agree with Ahiru about studying other people's code, but remember to know the difference between plagiarizing and being inspired. If 30-40% of what you're doing has parts of the original work, that's plagiarism!

As for accordions specifically, Crit has a very good guide down here!

I agree with Ahiru about studying other people's code, but remember to know the difference between plagiarizing and being inspired. If 30-40% of what you're doing has parts of the original work, that's plagiarism!

As for accordions specifically, Crit has a very good guide down here!
That thread was really useful! Thank you for recommending it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back