• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

GasMaskie

"Wait and Hope"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hey there, thanks for checking out the thread. I'm GasMaskie, though most of my friends simply call me Gas. I've had a craving to get into some writing again, but Quests here aren't sustainable at all and I'm a little burned out by the pacing of Group RPs. So I figured I'd go ahead and try to get back into the swing of things with some 1x1s. This is my first time dipping my toes into this sort of format, so I'm really only acting on specific cravings.

As far as things go for me:

• 26, Male, He/Him
  • UTC-06
  • 3rd Person POV, at least a paragraph. Though if there's some sort of quick rapport or dialogue between characters going into one-liners might be more effective.
  • Lots of free time on my hands at the moment, but I can get posts out fairly quickly.
  • MxF preferred, with my characters as M. I enjoy romance, but I also think it should develop organically instead of having preset circumstances.

• OC x OC, I've never been confident enough to step into the shoes of a pre-existing character and I like seeing another person's creativity at work. Doubling will likely be necessary given the nature of these plots.​

• Thread, PM, or Discord is alright by me.​

Now, onto plots - they're more or less cravings I've had for a while that I initially conceived for the Quest format, but adapting the settings for 1x1s shouldn't be too hard.

• (Unnamed Fantasy Mecha) - Inspired by the likes of Escaflowne, Magical Knight Rayearth, and Break Blade.
    For centuries, the lands of another world have been beset by constant warring among the different races that inhabit it. From the elves of the forest who look down from their secret citadels to the orc plainsfolk who roam around in search of conquest of dominance to the dwarves, content to remain in their mountain fortresses. And in the background of these conflicts, humans have always struggled against one another. The turning point, however, came with the advent of the Vanis Kingdom and their innovations; Scale-Mails. These gigantic mechanical armors were born from a fusion of metallurgy, mana crystals, and the remains of fantastic beasts such as dragons and hydras.

In the few centuries since its rise, the Vanis Kingdom has asserted its dominance upon the continent, pushing out the other races to quiet corners of the land and continuing to amass their forces to meet with new foes abroad. The world continues to turn, as secrets behind the kingdom's meteoric rise and the nature of this very world begin to finally unfurl.

• RWBY: Snark Hunt - An AU set in Remnant but featuring none of the show's plotline. In the world of Remnant, the most dangerous threat one will encounter are the Creatures of Grimm, monsters born from the darkness who seek nothing but wanton destruction. To survive, the people of Remnant fought back with Dust and developed their own abilities through the use of Aura known as Semblances. After the Great War between the Four Kingdoms, Remnant entered an uneasy peace.

In the present, many young men and women have since enrolled at Huntsman Academies for the sake of pursuing careers as defenders against the Grimm. In the interest of neutrality, a fifth academy sprung up among the others that represented each kingdom - Arcadia Academy. Located within the unclaimed waters near the Faunus land of Menagerie, this isolated academy has served as fertile grounds for the development of the next generation of Hunters. However, strange reports of an ancient Grimm may soon spell the end for the island and its students.

• Digimon - This setting's more straight forward, based heavily on the recent Digimon media and the TCG. Tonewise, closer to Persona or the Devil Survivor games. Rumors are abound of strange happenings in the dead of night. Bizarre monsters appearing from cracks in reality or people stepping out of view and completely vanishing. To the untrained, these are nothing more than modern horror stories told over imageboards and forums to sate a taste for the supernatural.

But for the brave and foolish, they've been rewarded with the knowledge of an entirely seperate world. Between the boundaries of reality and the digital world lies Coulomb City, a strange urban sprawl where Digimon and humans work hand-in-hand. Within this cybernetic wonderland of where reality and fantasy collide, external forces seek to monopolize and control it. When two indifviduals cross paths in this midnight realm, just what will the outcome be?
    Partner found.
  • Yu-Gi-Oh: I don't have a setting for this, I just wanted to list it because it's one of those never-evers that simply doesn't work well as a text-based RP lmao.

These are what I have at the moment, but I'll probably come up with more sooner or later. Anyways, send me a DM or a reply down below if you're interested in hashing out some ideas for any of these settings.

Last edited:
I am, though I haven't given this a bump in a while. I was planning on looking for a partner for that RWBY 1x1 though, just because I've already got another 1x1 to satisfy my need for an original fantasy setting.
If you’re still down, I’d love to do something with that RWBY plot you have! It seems quite intriguing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back