Garren Rithern | Janus

Prrrgadilly

True Gramarye
Name: Garren Rithern
Sexuality: Pansexual
Race: God
Image/Description:
bba7d72c1428998d183f1a83fadcf8f0.jpg

Garren has irises of pure, liquid color that shift into startling and countless arrays of colors every few seconds.
Height: 5'11"

Weight: 180

Body type: thin and taut

God Name: Janus

God Details: Janus is the god of beginnings, gates, transitions, time, doorways, passages, and endings.

Many fear change. Venturing into the unknown. Deviating from a path of safety and certainty into something unexpected. But life is change; a journey through doorways both physical and emotional, with every moment a passage to something new, and it is Janus, God of Portals and Transitions that governs this.

Bearing two faces, Janus is ever looking to the future and to the past, knowing both but controlling neither. He is only the in-between, found in the changing of seasons, at the birth of a child, at the entrances to the temple and the tavern. For this reason the Romans named the first month after him: January – a portal between the old year and the new.

Groups: None initially
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Personality: Optimistic, friendly, flirty, unpredictable, sometimes tempestuous, always in motion

Backstory: Born at midnight on January 1st at the turn of the century, Garren was always a strange child. He came into this world in a moment of inexplicable calm and under a starry sky, during the worst winter storm seen in 50 years. His liquid eyes, which to this day refuse to stay a color for more than a few seconds, were wide open and he smiled at everyone he saw. He grew up in a village of large families as an only child, beloved of his supposed barren mother and father.

Garren was ever the picture of innocence tempered with obedience. His only flaw, as the villagers saw, was his uncanny ability to everywhere he wasn't supposed to be and nowhere he was expected, all at once. He would also disappear for days only to suddenly show up with lost, estranged or injured travelers in tow. His parents were adamant that their son was blessed with great gifts and praised his acomplishments while curbing his wanderlust as best they could, especially when Garren began taking other children as passengers on his excursions.

As he grew into an adolescent, Garren began to take his parents along with him on his journeys. On one of these journeys, his mother fell deathly and died, but Garren did not weep. He knew that death was merely another threshold to cross. Soon after, his father died. Garren wished them both well on their journeys and thanked them for birthing him along his own. Bidding the village that had been his home farewell, Garren set out into the world. There were many more travelers to find. Perhaps, he'd even come across his parents again, because, for Garren, the only closed door is the one he'd yet to open.

Powers:
•God of Portals - Garren can create portals to take himself or others anywhere. Portals are unstable though, and require that Garren has been to the place he is trying to reach, has an object intimately connected to the place, or can do either of the first two options but with a person as the target. Portals created with none of the criteria met lead to completely random and unknown places, including inside solid objects. Portals are traditionally the size of a 8x4ft door. They require intense focus and energy to maintain, but are easier to hold if anchored to existing in betweens, like gates, doorways or shadows. Anchored portals can have delayed or keyed activations.
 •God of Doors - Garren is a walking skeleton key. No door, lock, or safe can resist his will, though enchanted locks can slow him down. Anything sealed, intentionally, by another god or blood magic is inaccessible to him.
•God of the Passage of Time - Garren is always accurately, and acutely, aware of when he is, if not where he is.
•God of Transitions - As long as there is a path to start upon, Garren can find its end. He is only ever lost if he wishes to be.

Skills: 
Pathfinding
Acrobatics
Time telling

Hobbies:
Needlepoint
Traveling
Sleight-of-hand
Reading

Music

Pet Peeves:
People afraid of change
Stubborn individuals
Endless cycles
Bad puns
All clocks

Quotes:
"When one door closes, just open it again."
"I wonder where this door leads."
"Care to fall down the rabbit hole with me?"

Theme Music:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant wait! Truthfully my character Lyla is going to be like one of those hyper-active fangirls about this guy. Because I like Janus, so she likes Janus. But I'm glad someone is Janus!

And yes, he is a real good god if you can use him. I like his Jandroid skin

Cant wait! Truthfully my character Lyla is going to be like one of those hyper-active fangirls about this guy. Because I like Janus, so she likes Janus. But I'm glad someone is Janus!

And yes, he is a real good god if you can use him. I like his Jandroid skin

I caved and got his dubstep skin when it was available. i love the colors even if his voicepack drives me crazy every other match.

Can't wait for the fangirl to ensue.

Peace out.

Users who are viewing this thread