• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Gangs of Star City (saints row mixed with the boys or invincible)

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Star city is beautiful no one can deny that,
497ca14763086602e93eb16bcc095318.jpg
on those clear nights when the pollution is clear enough to see the stars, it's almost like they mirror the lights of the city. But this is a place that chews people up and spits them to the curb dead or worse. It's a city with every sort of opportunity, good times or danger. Star city is best described as a massive man made Venus fly trap or if New York and LA had a baby addicted to amphetamines and LSD for decades and just learned to cope.
It looks unique and interesting from a distance, but once your close enough it wants nothing more than to consume you.

(Pretend the left side of this map is connected to America and that this isnt a cluster of islands in the ocean somewhere)
20210428_114321.png
Some trivia might clear it up for you...
Despite Star city having over 70,000 active police officers, despite being home to Hero inc who employ over one hundred and twenty six superheroes (tours of Star island are available for the low price of $500 a head)
The underbelly of the city outnumber the forces of law three to one.gang-anime-recommendations.jpg
Star city is home to more than twenty four gangs, some large some smaller... But all of them thugs, gangbangers, criminals, thats without mentioning those with powers. Super criminals... it seems every gang has or has had a super or two in it at some time. Almost as if the bright lights and opportunities attracts the dangerous sort like moths to a flame.

But it's those dangerous moths who are the star of this story...
People on the wrong side of the law from bad choices or circumstances,
The sort of person who will do anything for money or a sick thrill,
A person confident they will survive the night and live to see tomorrow...
You are one of these people but your new to the city, you ended up talking to a man who seemed impressed by you in some form or another. He let's you know about a violent event in which you could make money by competing or betting.

Which brought you to Aces scrap heap to compete in a a bit of modern day bloodsport for quick cash.
Junkyard.jpgA event held by the Lombari family on "neutral ground" allowing anyone to compete or watch so long as they can pay the neccesary fees. You have paid five grand to buy into a violent game called "king of the hill" problem is you came under the assumption you would be fighting alone only for you to be grouped with four others with the announcement declaring you as one of The Sly stars. Making the final team out of five meaning twenty five people will be fighting to win the cash prize of 125,000 dollars, more than the promised 25 thousand for fighting five others which previously enticed you.

But this is just the origin story, for someway somehow the random misfit team of yours wins. Good news quickly turns sour as word spreads and the five winners find themselves being hunted by various gangs. Some want revenge, others want the bounty, but almost all of them think of you as a target they want or need to strike.
Your only hope of survival now is to work together with that makeshift team, show everyone the five champions are more than five solitary badasses. Maybe make your own gang, take more money from the assholes salty that they lost.
========================
A modern fantasy, I imagine it as something like Saints row 2/3 mixed with invincible/the boys.
Willing to start the rp with four others (three if I make a 2nd character destined to die) and accept more players down the line.

The starting characters would be on the wrong side of the law, super powered or not. But once the rp picks up a bit I am open for people to take on the roles of superheros, police and important rival gang members.
On that note I'm happy for people to pitch gang/hero ideas...
Gangs etc...

Super powers are a thing in this world but I'll let you know now that some powers I will not accept as some powers I find to OP and i hate having to remind players to tone it down or to stick to what's agreed.
On that note I will most likely deny multiple powers, easy example being Superman would not be accepted in this rp.
Homelander and Omniman would not be accepted. Super speed, time shenanigans, deadpool healing, instant death stares etc etc.

The posting requirements is two paragraphs,
Or more if you want.
I may ask to see a example of your writing, this is half because I'm drunk with power and very much a picky asshole. The other half is because during my time on this site I've read a number of posts that consist of only three sentences that summarise a whole situation poorly.

If you wish to join!
Post here saying you would like to, extra points if you have suggestions...
1) a enemy gang. a name theme and a small explanation.
For example...
Murder Circus is a gang of psychotics and freaks that dress up as clowns. They film their violent crimes and sell the footage or give it to a famous juggalo/Horrorcore rapper Violent Wei. Who is apparently the brother of the Bloody ringmaster
(leader of murder circus)
mantegra-joker-elite-thugs-li-1-825cbdc8-zmt6.jpg

Big Air Boyz
Small time sorts more interested in skateboarding and partying than making money as a criminal, most are just friends or family of the Founding members who created a crew and introduced the world to hoverboards. It's unknown to most if they found bought or created these devices... Over time the BAB gang got more boards and members, they are often seen about star city as they are the best couriers in the city apart from supers, but even some supers can't keep up with a flying boarder.a03of5psth661.jpg

2) a hero. A name, etc etc
For example...
Soulsword, a man who is able to manifest swords out of energy. Dressed like a pirate this hero fights crime with a swashbuckling style and telekinect ghost blades.
20210418_182143.jpg
These hero's and gangs may or may not be used, this is just a way of getting people invested and showing me a slice of your creativity/writing style.
If you have questions lemme know here or in a PM

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back