• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Gangs of Jericho [Private/Information]

sorrow made you

from the bottom of the dark, dark sea
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
3deQvHm.png
THIS IS A PRIVATE ROLEPLAY. YOU MUST BE INVITED BY ONE OF THE EXISTING PARTICIPANTS TO JOIN.

In a futuristic world where cyberpunk meets the cultural movement of the roaring 20's, the City of Jericho is the highlight of opportunity. Business is booming and the music is blaring. The streets are lively at night with parties on every corner. But there's more to the city than just an exquisite nightlife. The Prohibition, the handling of the controversial metahumans, and the rampant gangs wars are only a small few of what lies within.

Three gangs have risen up within the last forty years in Jericho. The Georgiani's, Matchlock Saints, and the Kong Robbers. Each one has their dispositions, operations, and products of trade. Their code of conducts fall in line with their values and goals. In a constant struggle for dominance, the three gangs have started turf wars that had resulted in a massacre known as Bloody Monday.

Whether you be a gang member or an average Joe, you are planted right into the heart of Jericho. You do your thing, and you'll find others doing their own thing. Whether your thing and their thing coincide, compliment or contrast is up to you. The world is your canvas. Have fun.

Last edited:
NlFj1h9.png
IN'S, OUT'S & NEED TO KNOWS
space

This is a bit of a free-form roleplay, or a sandbox. This means that I have given you a setting and something very vague to go off of. From here, make your characters and build a story. Jericho City is pretty much an alternate parallel to New York. So imagine what you would about New York, and apply that to Jericho. Also think of America in the 1920's and 1930's and you've got the cultural movement of the times. But remember, this is a futuristic rp so technology is very cyberpunk and dieselpunk. So ran both by diesel power and cybernetics fuel ran LED's wat.

There indeed is a prohibition going on, and so alcohol is considered illegal. The Jericho council (yes, this city is independent af) passed a bill in which alcohol would be banned from any and all stores, bars, clubs, and recreational areas. No restaurants could serve alcohol. Not even wine. The concept behind this was that within the last ten years, there had been an increase in lethal crimes.

Additionally, for a while now, there have been a rise of people with the mutagen-- a genetic mutation of some sort in which a person is born with a dormant superpower. Over their lifespan, this gene could go from being dormant to active (or active at brith), granting them some kind of power. It isn't a popular notion, and so most try to keep their powers hidden or risk causing mass chaos. The gangs, however (at least two of them), seem to embrace the mutagen and welcome them with open arms.

RULES
1. This is an invite only - only those directly invited to the roleplay can join. Those that have been invited can invite others, but an invitation MUST be sent and I must know about it first. If you aren't invited but have a burning desire of a thousand suns to join, send me a PM and we'll talk about it.

2. I don't have a posting length restriction. All I ask is to have enough substance for someone to reply to.

3. You don't have to have pretty posts if you don't want to. I like pretty, but you don't have to make a pretty. It's all about posting anyways.

4. Be as OP or UP as you want. I like OP characters. I like UP characters. But just keep in mine rp etiquette and we'll be fine. In other words, don't god mod, metagame, etc.

Any other information that we need to know about the world will go here. The more we world build, the more I will add.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back